2.1 Shopping is made more convenient
One of the main advantages of online shopping to the consumers is the convenience of being able to shop anywhere and anytime. Online stores can be easily accessed by any device which can connect to the internet. With online shopping, it is entirely possible to shop in the wee hours of the morning, while still on bed as online stores almost never close. An individual only has to log onto a particular website, add the items they want to purchase into their shopping carts and checkout to pay for said item. They don’t need to even leave the comforts of being home (ICT, n.d.). According to a survey done by Rivate Label Buyer (Consumer Attitudes Towards Online Shopping, 2013), about 80% of consumers opt for online shopping as they do not need to go through traffic and find a parking spot at the shopping centre and another 70% of consumers shop online as they do not need to walk around the store looking for something or get ready to go to the store. The simplicity of this method of shopping is the main pulling factor of online shoppers. According to Boswell, W. (n.d.) mothers with small children, people who are homebound and during the times of unsuitable weather, online shopping is the way to go.
Another convenience of online shopping is that it is time and energy saving.When we shop for items in the shopping mall, we would have to go from one store to another to look for a specific item, which sometimes we don’t end up finding. This usually puts us in a chain of travelling from one place to another, which is generally very tiring and time consuming. However, with online shopping, all this waste of energy and time can be subtracted; as we would not have to wait for opening hours, face pushy st...
... middle of paper ...
...rks? Howstffworks. Retrieved from http://money.howstuffworks.com/identity-theft4.htm
Pahnila, S., & Warsta, J. (2010) Online Shopping viewed from a habit and value perspective. Behaviour and Information Technology, Vol. 29 (No. 6). 621-632
QFIANANCE. (2009) Defination of online shopping. Retrieved from http://www.qfinance.com/dictionary/online-shopping
Rouse, M. (2006) Defination of Wallet. Whatis.com. Retrieved from http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/wallet
TNN. (2006) What is online shopping? The Economic Times. Retrieved from http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2006-12-25/news/27439230_1_online-shopping-online-presence-online-purchase
Zappalà, Salvatore Gray, Colin (2006)Impact of E-commerce on consumers. Impact of e-Commerce on Consumers and Small Firms (pp 194-260). Retrieved from http://site.ebrary.com/lib/sunway/docDetail.action?docID=10211163
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A world without internet shopping would be treacherous. This includes traveling to multiple stores to find your needs, leaving the house, and worst of all, communicating with other humans. Sounds terrifying, right. Thankfully an online business called Amazon.com Inc. emerged and saved the world. From a grubby garage in Seattle with a vision to change e-commerce dramatically, Amazon.com has achieved the status of an online shopping giant. From just an idea to the actual start up, Amazon’s creation didn’t just happen overnight.... [tags: Electronic commerce, Amazon.com, Online shopping]
711 words (2 pages)
- Shopping is an american pastime for most teens and young adults. They enjoy going to the mall with their friends, and window shopping; going from stores to store and seeing stuff they like. However what makes them buy stuff. one may ask.Shopping is a part of everyday life from simply buying gas to buy new clothes. so what makes people buy. Some store like GameStop and Footlocker had have research such thing, shoppers habits and what make them buy more in order for them to implement new tactics and increase their profitability.... [tags: Retailing, Shopping, Online shopping]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- When comparing two different ways of shopping most people do not even think about the difference, they do both and not even realize it. In today's society people shop while at work, after work and on the weekends, whenever time permits. Stop and think how can I get more time in the day for family or just myself. The best way to figure that out with all the recourses we have is to go into a store and spend time looking through racks and waiting in endless lines to just purchase something. I compared going into a store verses online shopping; to see which one will save you time and money.... [tags: Compare/Contrast, Comparison, Internet]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction Big data is a relatively recent concept in the marketing world that describes the process of analyzing massive data sets to uncover trends. The data sets are so large that it would be almost impossible to find such trends without high-powered analytical technology. Big data has been facilitated by the ability to gather massive amounts of information about consumer profiles and shopping trends. The primarily facilitators of big data collection are credit card companies and online companies like Google and Facebook that track people's purchasing and computer usage patterns.... [tags: Marketing World, Trends, Data Sets]
1296 words (3.7 pages)
- When comparing two different ways of shopping most people do not even think about, they do both and not even realize it. In today?s society people shop while at work, after work and on the weekends, whenever time permits. Did you ever stop and think how can I get more time in the day for family or just myself. The best way to figure out with all the recourses we have; still most of us go into a store and spend time looking through racks and waiting in endless line to just purchase something.... [tags: Compare Contrast Comparison]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Creating Superior Value in Last-Mile Delivery In e-commerce logistics, last-mile delivery is a term that describes the final product delivery from a fulfillment center or a transportation hub to customers. Why last-mile delivery becomes more and more important in this decade. Firstly, consumers desire to shop more online and increase their expectations on a faster and more cost-effective parcel delivery: Online shopping is becoming more dominant in customers’ daily lives. 51% of consumers have made at least 2 online purchases in a 3-month period in 2016, compared with 48% in 2015.... [tags: Electronic commerce, Online shopping, Flexible]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- 1 Introduction Recently, there has been a growing concern about retailing consumption in the fashion sector. According to the dictionary, consumption means the utilization of economic goods in the satisfaction of wants or in the process of production resulting chiefly in their destruction, deterioration, or transformation. So, who make the consumption. Who make the spending. It is obvious that consumption connects closely to consumer behavior. While a variety of definitions of the term have been discussed, this paper will use the definition suggested by Solomon (2009).... [tags: Retailing, Online shopping, Retail design]
1701 words (4.9 pages)
- Analyzing Marketing Strategies for Walmart Introduction Walmart’s’ vision statement is “Save Money Live better”. They make it work by using their marketing strategy knowing everyone is always looking for the lowest price and it can usually be found at Walmart. Once someone sees an advertisement about the low prices either being in the store itself or on their website they eventually end up becoming a regular customer. Seeing as they can get daily deals all day long.... [tags: Wal-Mart, Discount store, Sam's Club, Hypermarket]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- MakeMyTrip.Com, a website that is touted to be the first in the online travel business, has revolutionized the concept of travelling for the Indians. It was launched in 2000 by Deep Kalra to provide the opportunity of instant booking and a host of other features to the Indians. Established in India in 2005, MakeMyTrip.com has earned its position in the online travel industry by ensuring quality products, excellent services, top notch technology and 24*7 customer support. Having partnered with the major airline companies, this website provides instant online booking of air tickets at affordable rates.... [tags: online discount coupons]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- With the internet technology, everyone can stay at home for online shopping. What’s more, if you can enjoy daily discounts with all the information, home delivery and 24-hours daily operation, that’s all can be found by buying Groupon. Groupon, the company has successfully captured millions of online consumers throughout the world. The marketing strategy of Groupon captures the consumer behavior. Consumer buying behavior, defined as... “The buying behavior of final consumers, individual and households who buy goods and services for personal”.Groupon consumers mainly responses to: - Brand selection: the advertisements, messages and discounts offered consumers to try something new with low... [tags: online shopping, groupon, consumer behavior]
1465 words (4.2 pages)