Tearfund’s aim from the very beginning was to meet the physical and religious needs of those who are disadvantaged and suffer from relative and absolute poverty. This is all explained clearly in Tearfund’s mission statement “Glorify God by extending his Kingdom in ministry to the poor, oppressed and disadvantaged, and to encourage God's people in the world to live out the values and principles of his Kingdom, by sharing with those in need.” Furthermore, they follow this particular teaching from the Bible, "Seek justice, and encourage the oppressed" - Isaiah 1:17.
Tearfund carries out various works which help the unfortunate when under harsh circumstances such as dealing with the various problems that occurs when natural disasters strike, overcoming diseases, re-establishing the parts of the environment which are affected by climate change, getting to the bottom of financial inequality and improving basic services to improve life for those who don’t have access to them.
Tearfund puts such efforts into these schemes because they believe the deprived are the ones who are affected the most by these circumstances, ...
... middle of paper ...
...erall, Being one of the most successful and leading organizations in this world, I believe Tear Fund has succeeded in transforming a lot of unfortunate lives for the better by simply following the teachings from the Bible. I think this is a great achievement and hope Tearfund will start partnerships with many other organizations who are also striving to improve this rather corrupt world. If I were to ask three questions to someone who worked for Tearfund I would ask them if they would at any point accept a non-Christian into their organization if they had the potential to contribute a lot, would they join with other religious groups to improve a certain community and my last question would be to ask them their opinion on what they believe every single person should do regularly to improve this world.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. What relationships and/or experiences influenced your decision to enter the field of Social Work. A personal experience that influenced my decision to enter the field of social work is when I joined the military after high school. While serving, I was able to assist the Director of the Combined Federal Campaign. This is a major campaign that is sponsored by the military and United Way, and it is geared towards raising money for nonprofit agencies. I enjoyed visiting various agencies, organizing events, as well as educating people about the available resources within their communities.... [tags: Sociology, Social work]
1748 words (5 pages)
- Atlanta Georgia is a city filled with innovators, hustlers, and entrepreneur. Atlanta is a vibrant city full of economic opportunities. The city is home to many thriving fortune 500 companies like HD Supply Inc, UPS and Coca-Cola. Also, Atlanta is a hub for development projects like the Atlanta Streetcar project And Centennial Olympic Park….. These projects show a tiny glimpse of the many economic programs in Atlanta and all of them have a positive impact on the progress of the city. In Atlanta, officials come and go with development projects to make the city an amazing place to live, work in, and visit.... [tags: development projects, business, park]
1047 words (3 pages)
- The idea of the game in international development law was coined out of Salomon (2012) ‘s essay. She discusses a situation where there is inequality between the losing states and the winning states. This essay takes it further by applying it to a specific section of society amongst the winning and losing states. In order to create a framework, the thesis of this essay will be understood it is essential to explain the previous and also current relationship between African Elites and Western powers.... [tags: african elites, international development, western]
1747 words (5 pages)
- In the videogame industry there are many terms and processes. The latest term in class discussion was player agency and interaction. Now, from a general perspective the two terms seem similar but have different meanings in the field. In the following paragraphs allow me to explain what these terms mean and how they relate to the videogame industry. To begin with, Interaction is defined as reciprocal action, effect, or influence. When it comes to videogames players get a sense of being interactive with the world they are residing in.... [tags: conflict, players, behavior]
573 words (1.6 pages)
- Agency essay for email Text Box: The Client/Agency Relationship Prestige Nursing & MKH Advertising What are marketing and advertising agencies The purpose of this report is to evaluate the relationship Prestige has with its marketing agency MKH Advertising. There are 4 basic types of agency: · Full Service Agencies who carry out the full range of advertising & marketing activities for clients · Media Independents who specialize in buying media space · Creative Specialists who focus on developing creative ideas · Production Specialists who specialize in producing work in a certain format or medium MKH is a large agency offering a full range of advertising-related services.... [tags: Business Management Studies]
2437 words (7 pages)
- 1. Explain why McGregor’s Theory X and Theory Y is so popular among textbook writers concerned with police leadership. Why would this theory be useful in a local police department. Theory X and Theory Y describe two models of two types of employees that managers may encounter in the workplace. These models are used by leaders to understand how to motivate their employees in the best possible way. They help managers push their employees to be better and ultimately positively affect the business. This is the name for police department.... [tags: Motivation, Police, A Great Way to Care]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- Social work is of great significance worldwide aiming to bring about social change and development, cohesiveness within the society, empowerment and liberation of people, particularly those who are in need (International Federation of Social Workers & International Association of School of Social Work (IFSW & IASSW), 2014). The basic functions of social work includes Restoration, Provision of resources and Prevention. A Social Worker can be defined as an individual who is trained and qualified in the field of Social Work.... [tags: Social work, Sociology, Social justice]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- Coin flips – I have always wondered why they are universally associated with fairness. It is such a generally accepted norm, but rarely can people articulate the exact mechanism under its perfect work. I was not able to fathom the magic of a coin flip until I took a statistics class in high school, in which I learned about Bernoulli trials. Each single coin flip is an independent Bernoulli trial that generates two equally likely outcomes, thereby creating the fairest possible randomness. With the most basic probability theory, the randomness created by a coin flip does not stay meaningless; rather, it becomes a convenient tool when one needs a fair decision.... [tags: Statistics, Scientific method, Data]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- ... I would not use the information where it mostly based on how Zimmer Gunsul Frasca, an architecture firm, improve its sustainable look after ZGF Architects LLP designed green buildings in the area and throughout the world because it is not relevant to my topic. This article is found on Academic Search Premier. The authors of this article, Rebecca Miles and Yan Song both have research interest on environmental development. They are fascinated by many parts of sustainability such as low carbon and green cities, land use organization, plan valuation, and land use policies.... [tags: oregon, environment, sustainability]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Analysis of the Work of Christian Aid The agency I have chosen to analyse and explain about for my chosen religious agency is ‘Christian Aid.’ I have chosen them, because I believe overall that they do the correct thing to help the needy. Christian aid is an agency of the churches in the UK and Ireland; Christian Aid works wherever the need is greatest, irrespective of religion. Christian Aid supports local organisations, which are best, placed to understand local needs, as well as giving help on the ground through 16 overseas offices.... [tags: Papers]
751 words (2.1 pages)