Over the year the gallery presented a range of engaging exhibitions which included new works from both emerging and established Saskatchewan artists. Into the Forest featured the work of Ward Schell, Debby Wasniak-Bonk and Hazel Zaharik who draw inspiration from connecting to and observing nature. Moose Jaw based artist Diane Lara installation entitled Ensō included large suspended drawings. These works raised awareness of the body and our unique generic makeup. Iris Hauser, who has been exhibited at the ARG for many years presented Dress Codes. Exploring the timely concept of identity, this exhibition included two parts: a series of portraits which examined the visual codes embedded in self-expression; and a series of narrative paintings featuring the same models in situations that reflect fundamental issues of the human condition such as isolation, unmet desires, gender identity, and societal expectations. Organized by the AGR, this exhibition later travelled to the Mann Gallery in Prince Albert. Another major exhibition of the year featured artist Zachari Logan. Logan’s meticulous drawings and detailed ceramic sculptures explore intersections between masculinity, identity, memory, and place. Zachari Logan: A Natural History of Unnatural Things will travel to the Moose Jaw Museum and Art Gallery spring 2016. The year wrapped up with Terrain, Edie Marshall’s tour de force exhibition of 1008 oil paintings created over two years.
All these exhibitions enjoyed high attendance, as did the five artist talks the gallery presented. Artist Talks and Meet the Artist events again provided opportunities for the audience to interact directly with the artists and...
... middle of paper ...
...d work, and to wish her farewell. Karen’s contribution to visual arts in Regina, and the province has been immense. We wish her the very best for the next phases of her career.
As I look to the year ahead, I am excited to build on the Art Gallery of Regina’s many accomplishments. I want to thank Karen Schoonover for her guidance as I stepped into the Director/Curator position. I also want to acknowledge, and give a huge thank-you to my co-workers Jess Richter and Dianne Strilaeff for their assistance through the transition, and for their continued support, their hard work and proficiency. I also want to thank the Board of Directors and our accountant Gary Erickson for their dedication and efforts over the past year. Lastly, I want to thanks all those who donated to the gallery, volunteered for us, sponsored us, and supported the AGR over the 2015/16 programming year.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the year 2015, we find ourselves surrounded by metrics. Amazing insights and jaded tirades alike have arisen from the vast amounts of data coming from fields like medicine, economics, sociology, and physics. We are in the thick of the twenty four hour news cycle, the information superhighway, and other sources of data deluge so ubiquitous that their names have devolved into mere buzzwords. As we are all swept away by these irresistible trends, it is all too easy to get caught up in the general excitement and start taking data without any compelling reason to do to.... [tags: Culture, The Culture, Linguistics, Globalization]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Of course, the budget wheels for next year area unit is already in motion in Congress, it is in the creating phases preparing the president's budget, in effect, but is becoming a dead letter. It is, however, his listing for taxes and disbursement. The general assembly Budget workplace on weekday says “Obama's budget would scale back annual deficits by regarding $1 trillion over the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) comes over succeeding ten years.” The chance that Congress can advance Obama's arrange is totality near to zip, however the CBO's latest analysis can feed campaign electronic messaging by Democrats and Republicans earlier than legislature elections in November.... [tags: policy changes, congress, politics]
1740 words (5 pages)
- The United States’ infrastructure, dating back to the 19th century, is among the oldest in the world, and typically, as it is with technology, it is expected that it will only be enhanced with time, but that is not the case. As shown on the image below, as of year 2016 most segments of American infrastructure have an average grade of D+, and that is, as stated by Senator Bernie Sanders, “woefully inadequate for a 21st-century society” (FeelTheBern). Infrastructure is defined as roads, bridges, dams, electrical grids, railways, airports, waterways, and phone and internet lines--everything needed for a civilized society, with the most important section being the Interstate Highway System.... [tags: United States, Economics, Economy, Investment]
1685 words (4.8 pages)
- 1. Describe Ang’s leadership style in terms of the Allison (2015) and Vaill (1992) sources. Was there a shift in his style. A retrospective analysis of issues at Alpha Mill revealed issues related to management. The underlying causes arose from leadership styles of Ang Siow and Ian Davidson and the lack of consideration of cultural differences. Ang Siow Lee, as a teenager began work in the 1960s as a laborer at Alpha Mill in Malaysia. He successfully rose to senior production supervisor over palm oil processing after being the most senior non-managerial staff member.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Geert Hofstede]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction The Article discussed inflation in the Philippines this year, its effect to the economy and how the country handle it over time. The analysis looks into the macroeconomic issues that affects economics. It focuses on the main points about inflation. This will cover how inflation are being measured, the effects on demand and supply and analyse the relationship of inflation to the Philippine economy. Analysis All government’s ultimate goal is to maintain a strong and sustainable economy but there are so many factor to consider in making it work right.... [tags: macroeconomic analysis]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- The Revenant The trailer for Alejandro González Iñárritu’s 2015 epic The Revenant is breathtaking; from the gorgeous locations and terrifying situations, this teaser trailer looks stunning. The film stars Leonardo Di Caprio, Tom Hardy, Domhnall Gleeson, Will Poulter and is being released by New Regency. It is directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu, who took home an Academy Award, in the Best Director category, last year for his original film Birdman: Or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance), and it is adapted by Michael Punke’s novel of the same name.... [tags: Film techniques, Long shot, Close-up, Medium shot]
1382 words (3.9 pages)
- The purpose of this essay is to critically examine an incident from recent practice using a model of reflection. This will enable me to analyse and make sense of the incident and draw conclusions concerning personal learning outcomes. The meaning of critical analysis and critical incidents will briefly be discussed followed by the process of reflection. The incident will then be described and analysed and then I will discuss issues raised in light of the recent literature relating to the incident.... [tags: Nursing Reflective Practice, 2015]
4191 words (12 pages)
- Women, Violence, and Meat in My Year of Meats and Advertising Ruth Ozeki’s debut novel, My Year of Meats, follows a year in Japanese-American Jane Tagaki-Little’s life, during which she worked on a documentary series called My American Wife. The show aired in Japan and intended to promote meat, particularly beef, among Japanese households. In this novel, Ozeki very adeptly illustrates with her characters the relation between meat, women, and sexuality. Meat and its production, marketing, and consumption, is a key aspect that affects the depiction of most of the female characters, particularly the wives, in the novel, and the problems that many of them are facing.... [tags: Woman, Wife, Beef, Meat]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- C. Income and expense in the annual report As per the notes to the annual report 2015 of a2 Milk company (ATM) the revenue is recognised at fair value. The criteria used by ATM to recognise the revenue and expenses are as follows: • ATM is following accrual accounting, thus they are considering received and receivable revenues. • Revenue from sales of good is recognised only after the transfer of ownership of risk and reward. • Trade discounts and rebates are removed from the revenue. • The future cash flows are discounted by the effective interest rate through the life of the asset.... [tags: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles]
1915 words (5.5 pages)
- Weight Watchers Three Year Plan For the final assignment, I am going to propose a three-year plan to expand the iconic weight loss company of Weight Watchers, to gain new and younger clientele. The plan will include a brief synopsis of the company, a SWOT analysis, and three plans that will be essential to the strategic plan to attract new members. Although Weight Watchers, has been successful for over 50 years the available number of quick diets has made the market over saturated and caused Weight Watchers to have a declining presence in the market.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Strategic management, Dieting]
1064 words (3 pages)