Currently, XYZ Construction Inc. receives a majority of their contracts from the state government. The purpose of this essay is to analyze and discuss ethical and social issues, along with cultural diversity when expanding into the Asian market. Also, we will determine if this venture into the Asian market will be short-term or a long-term business venture. Good introduction. Cultural Diversity
XYZ Construction Inc. must learn the Asian culture so that nothing will be offensive; such things are the importance of different colors, lettering, and even certain pictures. Culture diversity could be defined as a combination or mixture of different cultures; whether locally or worldwide. Some organizations may not accept other countries values or ethics because it may be a conflict with their own. By looking at the economic growth within the Asian region could help XYZ analyze where they should begin and how far they can grow economically. Opening within a region where you are not familiar with the culture could be a downfall for organization. This is why it’s important to ask the question: What type of framework should we apply to social diversity in order to do business within the Asian market? Good.
Just as X...
... middle of paper ...
...ction risk in five categories they may face: political, economic, cultural-legal, technical, and possibly other risks (Lee, et al.2011).
Ethically we must uphold our own standards but not to morally affect other countries based on our products, marketing strategies, and policies. Knowing who XYZ’s customers are within the international regions, would provide a great starting point that will help in deciding the new and next location of the company. XZY Construction Inc. can make the company profitable by simply following the guidelines and doing extensive research before committing to an international agreement. Research the location, culture, social and ethical responsibilities visit the site where XZY Construction will be located and lastly find out the current and future needs of the specialties Roads, Bridges, Airfields (Klinger, 2012). Good wrap-up.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This paper will examine multiple topics that XYZ Construction, Incorporated should engross before expanding into the global market. In particular, the owners believe that Canada, Asia, and Mexico have niche markets for the company and are front-runners for market expansion. Furthermore, the owners believe that expansion into these markets will ultimately help increase their initial public offering (IPO) number. This paper will examine the issues present in the global market as it relates to ethics and social responsibility.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
2226 words (6.4 pages)
- This assignment requires the development of a marketing flyer plan for which outlines the key offerings at XYZ Construction INC. This flyer will be habituated to edify potential customers on the accommodations offered by the firm. A marketing plan can be simple; it just has to be consistent (Schulaka, 2011). XYZ Construction Inc. performs horizontal construction work, including roads, airfields, and bridges. The company’s headquarters is in Denver, Colorado, and has 16 field offices in 11 states.... [tags: development assignement, marketing]
1657 words (4.7 pages)
- XYZ Construction Inc. like many other organizations has outgrown its geographical boundaries and as a result the leadership team plans on expanding its horizontal construction nationally and internationally. du Plessis (2009) suggested that globalization and internationalization challenges are now demanding that organizational managers fine-tune or draft new policies and procedures to stay competitive in the global markets. As such, the leadership within XYZ Construction Inc. has also decided to transition from a private to a public ownership construct and launch its initial public offering (IPO).... [tags: Corporate Strategy]
1815 words (5.2 pages)
- ... Both federal and state governments have enacted statutes that regulate contracts. Many of these laws are intended to protect consumers, debtors, and others from unfair contracts. Today, under this modern law of contracts, there is substantial government regulation of the right to contract. Examples: Federal labor laws protect the rights of workers to unionize and negotiate collective bargaining agreements with their employers. Consumer protection laws protect consumers from certain unscrupulous contracts.... [tags: horizontal construction industry, employees]
1811 words (5.2 pages)
- When investigating the possibility of doing business in Asia the owners of XYZ Construction Inc. must look at both the social and ethical issues that might arise along the way. The moral challenge for businesses in the United States it hard enough when balancing profit interests against the needs of workers, customers, governments and special interest groups. The moral challenge is even more severe for multinational companies who need to live up to moral potentials both in the US and in host foreign countries.... [tags: International Business]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- MMARY This report provides PMA Consultants’ LLC (PMA) comments on the Seaver Construction, Inc. Progress Schedule “UP06” Submitted on July 01, 2015, with a data date of June 19, 2015 for Reconstruction of the State Police Barracks along I- 90 in the Town of Weston MA. Analysis of the Critical Path shows that Final Acceptance is planned for November 19, 2015, which is the contract requirement and reflects 5 Calendar days gain since the last Progress submittal. Technically the schedule is not correct.... [tags: Project management, Critical path method]
1531 words (4.4 pages)
- XYZ, Inc.’s International Expansion Change is a part of every organization. Change could occur on any level and affect all personnel within the organization, some more than others. When considering on expanding the organization, there are many considerations of the type and management of changes that are to occur. These concerns are even greater when considering taking the company to a global manner. This paper will discuss one of various organizational change models that can be used during the short-term, small-scale change of globalizing the company to China; there will also be a discussion on a selected model for a large-scale, long-term globalization change to the B.R.I.C countries; inc... [tags: Economics, Management, Term, Scarlet Witch]
2080 words (5.9 pages)
- Introduction and Background Apple, Inc is a well known name in the computer technology world; Apple, Inc leads the computer industry in innovation thanks to the award winning desktop and notebook computer known as OS X operating system (Yoffie & Slind, 2008). This paper will focus on Apple Inc., strategic management and why is it critical to the success of the organization in meeting its goals and mission. It is therefore important to define strategic management, according to Certo, Peter & Ottensmeyer, (2005), strategic management is a continuous process that directs an organization to be appropriately suited to its internal and external environment.... [tags: Apple, Inc Analysis]
1524 words (4.4 pages)
- The construction industry plays an important role in competitiveness and prosperity of the economy in terms of its significantly contributing to shelter, infrastructure and employment (Anaman and Osei-Amponsah, 2007). A number of researchers have investigated on the vital role of the construction sector to the overall economic growth. In Rhodes’ paper who stated the construction industry in the UK contributed £83.0 billion in economic output in 2012, which accounts for 6% of the total. Also, workforce jobs in the construction industry in UK were 2.03 million in 2012 and 2.12 million in 2013, account 6.4% and 6.5% in total respectively (C.... [tags: Construction, Project management]
1420 words (4.1 pages)
- The central purpose of writing this Case Study Analyses on The Gap, Inc. is to identify and isolate key issues and their underlying implications and offer practical solutions and plans for implementing those solutions. This will be done by highlighting the social influences that influence the Gap, Inc. marketing strategy, segmentation strategies with respect to distinct retail markets, and positioning strategies that can be used or changed in a retail setting, as requested in the course assignment (as cited in the course module).... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy Management]
1660 words (4.7 pages)