Did you know that there is more than one Walt Disney? That not just America has one but Japan as well? Well there is and his name is Hayao Miyazaki. He is the greatest anime artist in Japan just like Walt Disney is in America, which in their skills is very different in comparison. Walt Disney based his films on familiar fairytales that people have already created, but just switched into the way he wanted them to be while Hayao Miyazaki based his films on his own imagination and his own ideas about what he thinks kids should be watching. He wanted kids to go beyond their imagination and explore what’s around them. Sure, Disney did the same but the difference is Hayao wanted them to forget about reality completely and instead think that the world is something more then what it seems to be. I believe that Hayao Miyazaki is better than the original Walt Disney because of his unique style in films for his watchers. Some reasons are that his drawings show power more than the story itself just by looking at the illustration. People who have watched his movies know that they are excellent and a sight to see. His drawings are handmade unlike Disney’s which makes his drawings way different, but much more difficult because of the extra work he has to create. Between his top movies “Spirited Away and “My Neighbor Totoro” this artist is known for many awards just like Walt Disney is with his Movies, “Toy Story” to “Bugs Life”.
Hayao Miyazaki’s films have way more imagination and unique characters than Walt Disney that inspire other people. Although he didn’t make as many films as Disney he still made people all over the world notice his true potential by his use of color and creativity, like his popular movie, “Spirited ...
... middle of paper ...
... who seems mysterious and scary while looking for people to give free gold coins to eat the person and gain their abilities. So people would probably think he’s bad but he’s just a guy who’s lonely and confused as to what was going on in the world and the only one he could rely on is Chihiro, the main girl in the movie who helps him along the way as so does no face.
In other words, no matter who’s the best Walt Disney my opinion is that Hayao is the better Walt Disney, but it doesn’t really matter because they are both very famous Animators.
SDG. Catholic World Report. “The Worlds of Hayao Miyazaki”. Web.
Gratti, Tom. “Animating Principle”. New Statesman 143.5209 (2014):52. MasterFILE Premier. Web. 2 June 2015.
Margaret, Talbot. “The Japanese Walt Disney”. Sunday Age, The (Melbourne) 18 Sept. 2005: 6. Newspaper Source Plus. Web. 2 June 2015.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Two brothers Walt and Roy Disney founded Disney Brothers Cartoon studio on October 16, 1923 in Los Angeles, California. It started when Walt Disney was contracted to write the Alice comedies, which is the foundation of the film Alice in wonderland. After losing his contract Disney needed to create a new character in order to stay in the animation business, and he created Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse soon became the mascot for the Walt Disney Company as they expanded to create a variety of cartoon series such as the steamboat cartoon series, the silly symphonies and Walt Disney’s first animated film Snow White and the seven dwarfs(Smith,2004).... [tags: Walt Disney, The Walt Disney Company]
2278 words (6.5 pages)
- Walt Disney Case GBA490 Siyi Yang Content 1. Issues & Recommendation 2. Industry and Competitive Analy • Dominant Economic Characteristics • PESTEL Analysis • Five Forces Analysis • Drivers of Change in the Industry • Current Strategy • Competitor Analysis • SWOT Analysis • Financial Analysis Overview & History The Walt Disney is a media and entertainment company having a business line up which includes resorts and theme parks, motion picture production and distribution, eight local television stations and a variety of other businesses that exploits the company’s intellectual property.... [tags: The Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney]
3313 words (9.5 pages)
- When testing if a corporate strategy is leading the company to success, there are techniques that can be used to project data collected from the company. Long term attractiveness, competitive strength, and the nine cell industry attractiveness/business strength matrix are used to highlight strategic positions of each business in a diversified company. The industry attractiveness gages the prospects for long-term performance. Competitive strength measures how strong the units are positioned in a business in their industry.... [tags: The Walt Disney Company]
1431 words (4.1 pages)
- I choose Netflix and Walt Disney for my course project. These two companies are very popular; Netflix is popular among many people and Walt Disney has been in business for many generations. I believe both companies experienced significant internal changes in the way they provide entertainment for all ages which affected their employees in some way. Both companies respond to external forces that require both businesses to consistently force change internally and maintain the demands of their customers.... [tags: Walt Disney, The Walt Disney Company, Burbank]
803 words (2.3 pages)
- Good Evening Class of 2016, As you sit here this evening on the day of your high school graduation, on the brink of your future, I would like for you—for just a moment—to stop and turn around and take a look at your past. What have you endured to reach this moment. What mistakes have you made. What have you learned. When I was thinking about what I have learned, I realized that many of the lessons in my life came from a very relatable topic—Disney movies. I think most of us grew up watching Disney movies.... [tags: The Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- ... The first Disney Store opened March 28, 1987 and the first book published by Hyperion Books, Disney’s publishing company, was published September 26, 1991 (Disney History). The final sector that completes The Walt Disney Company is Disney Interactive. This portion includes online games, video consoles, and other interactive entertainment for people of all ages. It was formed December 5, 1994 with the intentions of “developing, marketing, and distributing cartridge games and CD-ROM software.”(Disney History).... [tags: oligopoly, business analysis]
3259 words (9.3 pages)
- My mom is an employee at Marvel Comic’s headquarters in New York City. Marvel Comics is owned by the Walt Disney Company and this inspired me to analyze the corporate giant. It safely can be said that every kid has seen some sort of production by Disney. Countless kids grew up with Disney characters being one of their initial impressions of the world. And that makes Disney a very special and important company. Not only does Disney provide intangible services, but it offers an escape from reality in various locations across the globe.... [tags: historical/biographical analysis]
1563 words (4.5 pages)
- Disney Corporation The Walt Disney Company started as a small entertainment company in 1923 (Disney.com, 2011). Since that time the company has used various strategies enabling them to grow into a global entertainment company. Strategy The Walt Disney Company is known throughout the world as a leader in entertainment. The strategies that the Walt Disney Company have used include competitive advantage, a growth strategy, and a renewal strategy. When a person mentions a theme park, Disney is the first park that comes to mind.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
2626 words (7.5 pages)
- Today, the world is decreasing, as a direct result of globalization. Distances are shorter; the number of habitants of the world is increasing in the same tempo as new companies appear. The environmental affects today are highly visible, we all agree on how much the weather has been changing the last ten years, pollution increases as we need more products, and global warming is now a fact. The author of The World is Flat claims that we today are moving towards an era, which he calls "Globalization 3.0", which is driven by individuals, which are not only non-Western and non-white but also a group of individuals.... [tags: Disney Environment ]
1882 words (5.4 pages)
- The Walt Disney Company The Entertainment King I. Executive Summary After analyzing the Walt Disney case, we found that the root issues include the need to increase revenue to reach the 20% growth target set by upper management and to expand into new markets and/or industries. We used a Porter’s Five Forces analysis to develop our alternatives (Please See Exhibit A for further information). The alternatives that we proposed were to expand globally and enter the Internet and cable distribution industry.... [tags: Business Case STudy]
1862 words (5.3 pages)
- Application Of The Service Learning Project
- A Positive Connection Between Positive Mental Health And The Social Support
- The Success And Downfalls Of My Interview
- Freedom, Liberty, And The Pursuit Of Happiness
- Moody 's Corporation : Risk Exposure Before Buying A Fixed Income Investment
- Art And Architecture : The New Age