Essay PreviewMore ↓
In this ‘Handling Data Project’ I will be using secondary data to
investigate the relationship between height and weight of students at
Mayfield High School. I will also investigate the age and genders of
the students, because I expect that it will have an affect on my
My hypotheses for this project are:
· I expect to find that boys are taller than girls
· That boys will weigh more than the girls
· That taller you are the heavier you are
· That older you are the taller/heavier you are
I will be collecting the following information which is provided for
· Gender (boy/girl)
· Year group
I will find this information from Edexcel examination database on
Mayfield High School.
The reason for choosing this source of information is because it
provides me with all the relevant data in number of categories for
each pupil, which gives me a range of choices I can choose from and
use in this project.
I know the data provided to me is reliable, because the data is
gathered from a real life based school (Mayfield High School) and been
given to me.
I will use a sample size of 7% of the total population (1183) of the
school. 7% of the total population is equal to 83 pupils in total from
year groups 7-11 with mixed genders. This sample size is suitable
because it will give a closer idea of how the actual results will be
for the whole school.
There are more students in year 7 than in year 11 which shows that
students are not distributed equally in each year. This will make my
sample biased and unfair. To make sure my sample is fair I will use
Stratified sampling. I have 1183 students in total, and 7% of 1183
gives me a sample of 83 students.
How to Cite this Page
"Analysis of the Relationship Between Height and Weight of Students." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Mar 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Relationship Between Height and Weight for the Pupils in a Secondary School Introduction ============ For this investigation, I am going to use data on secondary school pupils to find the distribution of the data and also to look for any meaningful relationships between the heights and weights of the students. When I was looking at the various things that I could study, one of the factors that I looked at was data collection. The amount of data was large, spanning across different year groups.... [tags: Papers]
1885 words (5.4 pages)
- Abstract Objective: To study the relationship between anthropometric measurements and percent body fat (PBF) in students (17-19 years) and to find the percentage of males and females who are obese using percent body fat cut off values, since Obesity is a predisposing factor for many diseases like Hypertension, Type II Diabetes Mellitus and Coronary Artery Disease. Methods: Weight, height, Waist Circumference (WC) and Hip Circumference (HC) of 93 students in AIMS (38 males and 55 females) were measured.... [tags: Health]
1801 words (5.1 pages)
- Goal Find a job about product management from a local company which can sponsor international students in 6 months. From now on, 3 months before graduation, starting to look for jobs, go to job fair and submit resume on the internet. Transfer to H1B visa in 1 year. And be a product manager in 3-4 years. I choose this year range because most of the recruit and employ requirement for a product manager is 3 to 4 years product management experience. Product Management I did not know what to do at first time.... [tags: international students, business, market]
1523 words (4.4 pages)
- “Adler, indeed, insisted that the content of the earliest memory was related to the life-style of the individual, which he noted ‘moulded the memories’ themselves” (Adcock and Ross, 1983). In more recent years it has been more widely accepted and acknowledged that early memories may significantly impact the way a person’s behavior develops throughout her lifetime. The early experiences that people remember can have the power to shape their personality as an adult. This section of the paper will discuss several studies to see the varying ways early memories can shape an individual’s personality, along with the importance of early experiences and how they differ from early memories.... [tags: Psychology, Interpersonal relationship]
1062 words (3 pages)
- Body Image in African American Women Body image is an important facet in understanding the phenomenon of eating disorders. Body image concerns are important in the etiology and treatment of eating disorders and obesity (Smith, Thompson, Raczynski, and Hilner, 1997; Thompson, 1997). The construct of body image reflects the level of satisfaction one feels regarding his or her body. Body image is a multidimensional construct. It involves race, socioeconomic status, age, as well as, perceptual and attitudinal components.... [tags: Health Weight Essays]
3068 words (8.8 pages)
- The Relationship in Height and Weight of Students INTRODUCTION In this investigation, I intend to find out whether there is a relationship in height and weight in students, and how this relationship changes between girls and boys, with age. I have chosen to investigate the relationship between the height and the weight as I think that the height and the weight are the only two categories that will give a clear correlation. If I was to investigate the relationship of two other categories, like the eye colour and the IQ, I believe that however interesting and amusing the results would be, they would not provide too clear a relationship, or any conclusive info... [tags: Papers]
2218 words (6.3 pages)
- Fairy tales tell us that once upon a time a girl met a boy; they fell in love, and lived happily ever after. Reality is not that simple. Long-term relationships force couples to get to know each other, involve themselves in each others’ worlds, fight through the hard times, and eventually develop deeper connections as noted through distinctive stages of Knapp’s relationship model. Although I have dated the same person for over two years, our communication through relationship stages makes it seem as though I am now dating a different person than the one I met years ago.... [tags: Relationship Analysis Essays]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- Life exists together with relationship and relationship exists together with rewards and threats. Rewards are the things one can get from a relationship that can be considered beneficial. According to Laurenceau and Kleinman (2006), intimacy and connection is one of the most profound rewards in relating to others. However, the perception of the opportunity of intimacy and connection is still statistically independent of. Furthermore, rewards in a romantic relationship are different from any rewards because there is a deeper meaning behind and the intensity of love is undeniably boundless.... [tags: intimacy, romantic relationship, sex]
3161 words (9 pages)
- Relationship between the Height and Weight of Students in Year 11 of Different Genders The aim of this coursework is to find if there is a relationship between the height and weight of students in year 11 of different genders, and to see if taller, or older, or students who watch too much T.V are generally heavier or lighter. I am doing this investigation because I have a brother in Year 10 who is fat, short, heavy and watches too much T.V and I am intrigued by this to see if all female students in year 11 are like that or whether they are heavier or lighter if they are shorter, or watch too much T.V.... [tags: Papers]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- Relationship between Height and Weight I am using the data from Mayfield high school as I am unable to use data from Nabwood School. This is because although the school has a database system, information regarding height and weight of year 10 and 11 students will not be accurate as it was taken when students came to the school in year 7, which was three or four years ago (if they are now in years 10 and 11). Therefore to try and update the database with the latest height and weight of year 10 and 11 students would be difficult and time consuming, and I do not have very much time to complete the investigation.... [tags: Papers]
1524 words (4.4 pages)
which gives me a number of students I will be choosing from each year
I will use this data to compare the height and weight of students from
all year groups with mixed genders, and I will also comparing age with
height and weight as well.
In this table the reason I ended up with 42 boys and 41 girls is
because there was a higher number of boys than girls.
9.17 = 9
8.75 = 9
8.26 = 8
10.01 = 10
7.42 = 7
6.58 = 7
5.88 = 6
6.02 = 6
42.28 = 42
40.53 = 41
Now I can get my random samples by
pressing and multiply by 151 [The
number of boys in year 7].
I will round the answer to the nearest whole number, and then repeat
the same steps until I get 11 samples of boys in year 7. I will do the
same calculation with the other year groups and girls group as well.