“Can Jose come out and play?” asked Junior.
“No he has to help me clean, then he can come out and play as much as he wants” my mom said.
“Aw, please can he just come out right now?” asked Oscar.
“Come back later, he needs to help with chores” my mom had said.
This was the only time I “hated” my mom. Which in reality I loved her, but just hated the fact I had to do chores before coming out and play.
So in order to go out and play I had to help my mom. We did the dishes together, swept the floor, and washed clothes. It was getting late and I was worried about my friends not coming to get me now that I was done with my chores. Where are they? I thought in my head.
I knew they would come, and it was just a matter of time. I was getting frustrated being in my house doing nothing. I kept looking at the clock and noticed it was now 4 o 'clock. At this point I thought they wouldn 't show up, so I turned on the tv and started watching “Spongebob” which was my favorite show at the time.
“Bang..bang...bang!” someone was at the door.
Bursting up I ran to the door, and yes it was my friends!
“What took you guys so long!”
“Sorry dude, we were playing Fifa” Chava responded.
“Alright cool, so what are we going to do?” I aske...
... middle of paper ...
...d ran home. My friends were still cheering for me.
“Hell yeah you put him in his place.” they said.
At that moment I felt like a “badass,” stepping up to a kid that always bothered us was a huge accomplishment.
After that day he wouldn 't say anything to us as he passed us. He wouldn 't even look. Feels good being yourself, and not having to be scared of a certain person. Not only did I do it for myself, but did it for my peers which were in the same position as me. We were being bullied by him. It took some courage and fear to step up to this kid, but I did it. You may lose some battles, but at least attempt and put in some effort to stop what is bothering you.
It doesn 't matter who they are, what they do, or what they say. Stand up for yourself! Don 't be afraid to stand your ground. Do what is necessary to make things right. Be sure and assertive of yourself.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- We all watch these TV shows and we fall in love with them. Sometimes we even fall in love with the people in the show and binge watch the show just because we love the one character. Or we even have that one character that we loathe and wish was never on the show, but we still watch the show because you want to see what happens to the character we hate. For me, I absolutely love Gabriela Dawson from Chicago Fire and she watch that show every Tuesday night at 10/9c. On the other hand, I absolutely loathe Gemma Teller from Sons of Anarchy.... [tags: Love, English-language films, KILL, Son]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- The movie “To Live” is a film about a family’s experience during hard and challenging time under Mao’s rule. Released in 1994, the movie was directed by Zhang Yimou and his sixth collaboration with Gong Li, “To Live” gives its viewers a journey towards this very revolutionary stage for the whole Chinese people. This movie transcends four decades of China’s history, which includes the Chinese Civil War, Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution. “To Live” gives another perspective about this particular stage of China’s history.... [tags: Cultural Revolution, Deng Xiaoping]
892 words (2.5 pages)
- Movie Analysis of Friday Night Lights and V for Vendetta Every weekend moviegoers flock to the theatres and video stores alike to catch a ride on one of society's most entertaining elements. Action films are a rush to some enthusiasts such as myself. It doesn't take long before we find ourselves on the edge of our seats frantically munching popcorn as our mind is flooded with stimuli. The box office as well as the population were shaken to the core with the releases of two new hit action movies, Friday Night Lights and V for Vendetta.... [tags: Movie Film Analysis]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- Image 7 1. This proverb tells u sto guard our hearts and mids. What is the reason for this. The passage also tells us to let your eyes look directly ahead. Although, I might be off I believe that its telling us that we need to stay focused on Christ, he is the light in the darkness, he is good, in him there is not evil but peace. I believe that guard our hearts and minds goes right back to image seven, and goes with the garbage in garbage out principle. We need to guard our hearts and minds from on the filth of this word, from the pornography, from the foul language, and from the dirty thoughts.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Psychology, MIND]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- What happened: During this event many things happened, the first part being Jace and Tasha going to visit Mrs.Mercer to ask her if she remembers anything about the night of the murder. So basically Tasha and Jace were at a dead end with no clue what to do, als at this point they just finished looking around at the destroyed Café. Out of the blue Tasha sees a lady who lives in the area she recognizes her from when she used to come to the Café so Tasha’s runs across the car filled road to go greet Mrs.Mercer just like that Mrs.Mercer invites Tasha and Jace into her house for some tea and biscuits.... [tags: English-language films, Question, What Happened]
1037 words (3 pages)
- After their wedding feast, close to dawn, Taran and Veerah stumbled into their home. They were not drunk, but exhausted. Taran had not expected to enjoy the long, raucous, well-attended wedding feast as much as he had, but the night was so full of love and emotion, it was impossible to remain unaffected. Taran did not recall what he has eaten at the Center Longhouse – or if he had eaten – but he remembered people’s words and deeds. His women friends, Asla, Siti, Cait, and even Lorn, had flung themselves at Taran and Veerah and wept with joy.... [tags: Love, Marriage, Smile, ILOVEYOU]
1797 words (5.1 pages)
- Maxwell Pretty Wings In 2009, R&B singer, Maxwell released to the world Pretty Wings, a song in which meeting the right girl at the wrong time becomes bittersweet. Black was the first album of Maxwell 's BLACK summer 's night trilogy. He explained to MTV News "Three sides of my crazy personality. Black is dark. Summer 's is the lighter side. That album is more of a gospel side - not in the traditional sense, but more like Deepak Chopra meets that minister or that pastor down in the South somewhere.... [tags: Woman, Marriage, Love, BLACKsummers'night]
701 words (2 pages)
- The first scene begins with a close up shot of Senor Love Daddy 's mouth, the top of a microphone, and an alarm clock. The alarm clock, being used as a prop, is making a very loud, annoying, ringing sound. This is done in order to get the viewers attention to the problem of racism. After the ringing stops, we start reframing in, and zooming out slowly, seeing more of Senor Love Daddy and the microphone. There is hard lighting present in the scene. The entire shot has a reddish color to it.... [tags: Long shot, Close-up, ZOOM, Film techniques]
1842 words (5.3 pages)
- Eliza put Alex’s phone next to hers on her desk, then scooted back to her place next to Alex and adjusted her laptop again. The movie had just gotten past the first musical number, and Alex had been sucked back in as soon as she took his phone away. He placed one of his arms around her shoulders and pulled her closer to him, almost knocking the laptop over in the process. Eliza snorted, readjusted the laptop, and relaxed into his embrace, allowing her head to rest against his chest and shoulder.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Alexander, Shit]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- When reading a story or watching a movie we automatically fall in love with the animal characters and have a closer bond more than the human characters in the story. When our favorite animal character dies, we are more heart broken. I know when watching a movie and just knowing that my favorite animal character dies breaks my heart. I then do not want to continue watching the movie, but have to watch the ending, so then finally find out that my animal friend comes to life, it brings me into joyful tears and finally decided that I really like the movie again.... [tags: Short story, The Reader, The Animals]
1656 words (4.7 pages)