condition, but it still actually very functioning with real emotions and
feelings. People in the world of exceptionalities are still people, they just go
through life by a different set of rules, which is a result of being different,
they tend to focus on, a specific thing. but very caring individuals, capable
of affection, just in their unique ways, by releasing this film it allowed
people around the world to understand different exceptionalities, and what
people go through each and everyday. The film focuses on the power and
importance’s of family when your put in a situation that you don’t
understand, teaches you not to be so self consumed. The film is trying to
provide to society information that could give good view of a disability
experience from numerous approaches, viewpoints, and many types of
First, negative aspect of the movie would be ‘’Raymond’’ from is a very
overstated stereotype. He has an extreme disability - he is very grounded
by a schedule, he cannot do much without assistance, he has serious
Secondly, because the movie makes some people think that if they are not
autistic they are not smart enough.
Lastly , the movies demonstrates lack of independence making it seem like
people with autism cannot be independent, there not showing people in a
realistic light actually shows people in the wrong type of awareness that
says that autistic people need to be pitied.
The movie has some positive and negative aspects the Good things would
be -It is near to impossible to characterize every autistic
... middle of paper ...
...ept people for who they are.
If I had a children in my class with an exceptionality I would keep it
structured in ‘’Rain man ‘’ Raymond did every according to
schedule, people with autism thrive in a structured environment. Keep
routine consistent. For example have children enter class in the morning,
greet the teachers, great friends, etc.
Schedules Charlie liked order and detail, he felt in control and secured
when he knew what to expect. Day schedule in centers help autistic people
know what’s ahead for the day. I would make sure I have schedules
around the classroom.
I could help myself by researching getting familiar with the type of
exceptionality my child has,
Another way would be to talk to the parents keeping them updated. The
parents can explain what to expect with there child, what’s their child’s
likes dislike etc.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are many movies that portray mental and psychological disorders, from these I chose the award winning movie: Rain Man. Rain Man was released on December 14, 1988. In the beginning of this movie, a car dealer, Charlie Babbitt (Tom Cruise), learns that his father has died and returns home to Cincinnati to attend his funeral. Charlie and his father had a falling out with each other starting when Charlie was sixteen years old and decided to steal his father’s car for a victory lap around town.... [tags: Psychiatry, Mental disorder, Autism]
1613 words (4.6 pages)
- Analysis of Before the Rain Before the Rain, filmed on location in the Republic of Macedonia and in London is a trilogy that focuses on the conflict between Muslims and Orthodox Christians in the Balkans. The three chapters of the trilogy are " Words," " Faces" and " Pictures." Director Milcho Manchevski states; " Before the Rain, refers to the feeling of heavy expectation, when the skies are pregnant with the possibility of an outburst, when people are silent, waiting for a tragedy of cleansing"(1).... [tags: Papers]
652 words (1.9 pages)
- Usually when someone thinks of rain they think of the way it smells, the romantic movie scene where the guy and the girl kiss, or farmers think how blessed they are that they don’t have to pay for as much water to hydrate their crops and it increases their profit. When thinking about rain, we tend to look passed the different types and how they can negatively affect our environment. Acid rain is one of those types that negatively affects our environment and it is caused from the burning of fossil fuels, coal, and other wasteful gasses.... [tags: PH, Acid, Carbon dioxide]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Lee Daniel’s Precious is a movie centered around Precious Jones, a 16-year-old overweight black girl living in Harlem, New York. The movie begins when she is in public school pregnant with her second child by her father. Because Precious is pregnant, the principle recommends an alternative school for her. At home, Precious is a servant to her mother, Mary, who is physically, emotionally, verbally, and sexually abusing her. Mary constantly tells Precious that she is not good enough and that no one will ever want her.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Verbal abuse, Love]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- (1) The movie begins in the courtroom with the judge addressing to the jurors that they must keep their oath and make the best decision for the victim with all of the knowledge that they have received from listening to the case. The jurors are then directed into a small room. Tables have been pushed together in the middle to make one big meeting-like table, surrounding with enough chairs to seat the twelve male jurors. After all twelve jurors are settled into the room, the bailiff/officer locks the door.... [tags: Jury, Not proven, The Juror, Verdict]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
- Analysis of the Movie Willow She was born with the mark on her arm, the mark of the one who would cause the downfall of queen Bavmorda and end her evil rain. The legend told her that the prophecy was the queens grates fear and now it was about to some true. Willow Ufgood had always wanted to be a magician. to be wise and respected in his community. His dreams were about to become true. All of these things you will read in my report. The main charters of this book are Willow ufgood- a nelwyn that wishes to be a magician that will soon come true.... [tags: Willow Ron Howard George Lucas Film Essays]
2058 words (5.9 pages)
- Mise en scene is a French term that is defined as the overall point of view of a movie or the "placing on stage". In other words, it refers to the combined experience of what the viewers hear, see and think of when they watch a movie. The mise en scene of a movie catches the attention of the viewers’ moods as much as lighting, props sounds, and smells do. It alerts their emotional response system to a real-life setting, which is conveyed in the movie. Mise en scene has two significant visual components: design and composition.... [tags: Film, Horror film, Cinematography]
1273 words (3.6 pages)
- Exploring Autism in the Movie, Rain Man Autism is considered a unique disorder that affects 1 in 500 people. Autism impairs three main areas of human development: speech, communication, and social interaction. The trademark feature of autism is impaired social interaction. All impairments can range from mild to severe. Individuals with autism may lack speech altogether or only learn basic language specific to their needs. In the area of social interaction, the individual is often withdrawn from others.... [tags: Rain Man Movie Film Autistic]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- Chapter 2- In the film August in Osage County, a family dinner is used to reveal secrets and change the course of the plot. This scene is important because major plot features come to light. The characters take this time to share berate one another’s life choices. Anger at the mother’s drug addiction, the father’s death, an incestuous relationship, and previous actions towards others escalate the tensions; thus, the dinner also serves to cleanse the family of their secrets. Chapter 3- The essentials of a vampire story are “an older figure representing corrupt, outworn values; a young, preferably virginal female; a stripping away of her youth, energy, virtue; a continuance of the life force... [tags: Don Quixote, Miguel de Cervantes]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- The Rain Man The Rain Man stars Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise. The movie was made in 1988. The movie is about an autistic man named Raymon, who is a idiot savant played by Dustin Hoffman and his fast, talking self absorbed, egocentric brother Charlie Babbitt, who is played by Tom Cruise. A egocentric person is a person with the simple recognition that every living thing views the world from a unique, self-oriented perspective(LIFE: Inherently Egocentric written by James Craig Green http://pw2.netcom.com/~zeno7/ego.html).... [tags: Movie Film Rain Man Rainman Essays]
1713 words (4.9 pages)
- Discussion Thread: Guns and the Law
- How Steve Jobs was Responsible for Reinvigorating the Entertainment Industry
- Harry Belafonte: What good is a Conscience if it is not Awakened
- Analysis of The Concept of Greatness
- Who We are is Determined by the Intertwined Forces of Nature or Nurture?
- Theodor Seuss Geisel's Life and Achievements