This report is aiming to analyse the special market offer “women’s yoga clothing” of Lululemon, what’s special about this product is that it is accounting for most of Lululemon Athletica’s sales.
Women’s and Girls’ Wear Manufacturing Industry is expected to gain about $589.6 million in 2013-14, a little drop by 3.9%. The major participators in this industry are:
• Nike, Inc.
• Adidas AG
Lululemon is a public company that founded in Vancouver in 1998, which now becomes a top athletic apparel company in the world, especially for women’s yoga clothing. Lululemon is affected by competitor and supplier forces from micro environment. Moreover, it is affected by technical and demographic force from macro environment. Lululemon offers various product that including the clothing and athletic accessories for different customers. In Lululemon’s 2013 annual report, it target at “sophisticated and educated woman who understands the importance of an active, healthy lifestyle” (Lululemon 10K, 2013). Lululemon’s strategy is providing various products to different custom...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- History and Overview Lululemon Athletica is a yoga retail store; it is a textile apparel clothing company founded in 1998. Lululemon is located in the United States as well as Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Lululemon very first store opened in November of 2000, in Vancouver BC, a place called Kitsilano. Originally, Lululemon idea behind the store was for it to be a community where individual would be able to learn and talk about healthy leaving through and yoga and their diet. However, it was impossible to help every customer that way since the store was very busy.... [tags: Textile Apparel Clothing Company, Minimum Wage]
1362 words (3.9 pages)
- Lululemon Athletic Inc. (Lululemon) is a retail company that specializes in athletic yoga-inspired apparel for active men and woman. This company is headquartered in Canada and was founded in 1998 by Dennis Wilson. Wilson’s passion was technical athletics which resulted in him opening a studio to design yoga clothing in 2000 in Vancouver. To help pay his rent, Wilson held yoga classes at night when the design studio wasn’t being utilized. By 2011, Lululemon’s yoga apparel was being sold in over 130 stores located throughout Canada, United States and Australia.... [tags: Marketing, Brand management, Economics]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- Lululemon, a premium yoga-focused retail chain, serves two market segments. One segment consists of consumers who are characterized as “trendy urban” and the other segment consists of “wealthy” consumers. The “trendy urban” segment, in summary, is fashion oriented or active women who live in metropolitan areas. The “wealthy” market segment is affluent women who live in either urban or suburban areas. As discussed below, these two market segments are defined by differences in demographics, geography as well as behavioral and psychographic characteristics.... [tags: Marketing, Psychographic, Metropolitan area, City]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- day. lululemon athletica uses fabrics for their apparel that are most suitable for athletic pursuits. The main fabric that they use is called “luon”, which is a mixture of spandex and nylon. The sizes that lululemon athletica offers range from US sizes 2-12 in their tops, bottoms, sports bras, and outerwear. Since lululemon athletica caters to men and women, their product mixes for each gender vary a bit. On the women’s end, lululemon athletica is mainly known for their extremely comfortable yoga and workout leggings.... [tags: Trousers, Shorts, Brassiere, Clothing]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction Since 1998, Lululemon has transformed the way people dress to workout. Through innovative products and technical athletic fabrics, a brand was created to provide clothing for workouts such as yoga, running and cycling. Lululemon opened its first store in Vancouver in 2000 with the plan to have the store be a community hub for people to learn and discuss their physical fitness and overall health goals. As Lululemon was more than a store to provide products for consumers, their goal was to influence every person who walked into the store.... [tags: Lululemon Athletica Case Study]
2725 words (7.8 pages)
- After twenty years in the skate, surf and snowboard business, Chip Wilson took the first commercial Yoga lesson offered in Vancouver and found the outcome exhilarating. Lululemon Athletica Inc was founded in 1998 by Chip Wilson. The company is located in Vancouver Canada and specializes in athletics clothes and Yoga. Wilson started the company with the idea that the products provided by the company would help in improving the degree of health within the community. The company has over one-hundred locations globally.... [tags: Strategic management, SWOT analysis, Brand]
1841 words (5.3 pages)
- Product: Lululemon product strategies are relevant according to their target market. However, the company should increase their brand awareness and differentiate their products from strong competitors such as Nike and Adidas. In areas of customer service, currently the firm offers in store health and diet advice through their employees to consumers. But, if the firm can offer these advices from health experts it will improve their customer service satisfaction because most consumers may think that the employees do not have formal education to give dietary tips or health recommendations.... [tags: promotion, product, prices]
619 words (1.8 pages)
- Summer, 2015 The Use of Yoga Therapy as a Complimentary Alternative Medicine Modern medical practice has dived into a new realm of treatment methods that goes beyond the use of medications and surgeries to treat patients. Complimentary alternative medicine (CAM) takes advantage of additional therapy procedures that complement conventional treatments. Recently, yoga therapy has become a very common method used to help people cope with stress and anxiety. This style of therapy directs attention to an individual’s posture, breathing techniques, and level of consciousness in order to attain physical and mental well-being.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Yoga, Hinduism]
702 words (2 pages)
- Lululemon Athletica, Inc. (Lululemon) is renowned for its technical, high-quality yoga-inspired apparel for women. However, the company is growing beyond this niche market and is therefore altering its competitive strategy. Lululemon utilizes a broad differentiation strategy because its target market is broad and its product line is varied, it stresses product innovation, and its community-based marketing and retail experience sustain its differentiation from competitors. Lululemon’s competitive strategy is broad differentiation due to the company expanding its target market and product line.... [tags: Brand, Marketing, Retailing, Shopping mall]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- Industry & Market Analysis Market Needs The first Lululemon store was initially created as a place for people to gather to learn and share ideas about a healthy lifestyle. As the company expanded, Lulu could no longer target every individual walking into the store with knowledge of healthy living. At this point, the company shifted its focus to educating their employees who could positively influence everyone who walked into the stores. The thought and reasoning that went into the first Lulu store has continued as the company has grown.... [tags: SWOT Analysis]
2618 words (7.5 pages)