“The spirit who occupies this space stays in the darkness. It is darkness. The spirit who resides here is proud. I sense they lived a privileged life. What I hear is revenge. It wants to exact justice for a personal slight.”
Denise said this spirit was proud and felt entitled. That could fit the description of Lacey’s husband or Lacey herself. She did grow up an aristocrat. Then again, Francois Dumas would want to take revenge on Sean for taking his wife away. He could be the man who died on the stairs.
There was the option that Lacey hired someone to kill Sean. Would their spirit want to remain here to avenge their death?
The other possibility is Lacey’s spirit, but why? Is she trying to protect her secret or stay here with Sean out of love?
Denise continued her narrative. “It feels confused by your presence and has become quite attached to you. They watch you from the shadows. When it appears, it’s usually as a dark mist or a black figure.”
“That’s what I saw on the stairs and Casey didn’t you say it was a shadowy figure you saw in your bedroom?”
The information Denise conveyed had overwhelmed her, and all Casey could do was to nod her head in agreement.
“It is angry that you’re searching for the truth. It doesn’t want the truth known. It will hurt anyone who gets in the way when it can gather up enough energy to strike.”
“Would that include pushing people down the stairs?”
“Yes, Fiona I would say this entity has enough strength to accomplish that.”
“Let me check out the upstairs and see what I can pick up.” Denise continued walking through...
... middle of paper ...
...t’s one more leap of faith into the unexplained.”
“Good, I’ll call you when I get home and give you his office number. You can call to set up an appointment. If you like, I will call him myself and give you a referral. He is a busy man, but knowing me personally might get you in sooner.”
“Thank you again, Denise. Today has been quite overwhelming.”
“I know it often is. It might take some time, but we will figure this out. I will also call you after looking at my schedule to arrange a time that is convenient for both of us to do the cleansing. For your safety, I would like to perform the ritual within the next week if possible.”
“I will be anxiously waiting for your call. I want this evil thing gone as soon as possible. I was uncertain when Fiona first mentioned doing this, but I am glad she did.”
Denise chuckled. “Try to relax. Spirits can feed off anxiety and fear.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Elie Wiesel asserts that the world community has a responsibility to interfere then acts such as genocide occurs. He asserts that “silence encourages the tormentor” and “indifference, the most insidious danger of all”. This is supported by his book “Night and works by other authors, such as Refugee Blues aby W. H. Auden and A Secret Life by Thomas Harding. They all mentioned how injustice affects the victim, The price of speaking out or acting against injustice, and the price of silence and inaction in the face of injustice.... [tags: Elie Wiesel, The Holocaust]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- Character Change in Night The book, Night, by Eliezer (Elie) Wiesel, entails the story of his childhood in Nazi concentration camps all around Europe. Around the middle of the 20th century in the early 1940s, Adolf Hitler and his Nazi army traveled around Europe in an effort to exterminate the Jewish population. As they went to through different countries in order to enforce this policy, Nazi officers sent every Jewish person they found to a concentration camp. Often called death camps, the main purpose was to dispose of people through intense work hours and terrible living conditions.... [tags: Auschwitz concentration camp, Adolf Hitler]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- Hopping and swinging, Carl danced with his two favorite people in the world. Around and around, holding on to his brother’s hand with his left and his mother’s hand with his right, Carl’s face was lit up, and red with excitement. The only thing that made the night better was the Christmas tree his father had brought home. It was the first Christmas Carl could remember where he had his own tree, inside his own house. Carl’s mom had pulled out a dozen white, water stained boxes from under the basement stairs.... [tags: Christmas tree, Christmas, Christmas ornament]
953 words (2.7 pages)
- (Kate was looking forward to her date with Sonny at 6:30pm. He gave her his home address so she knew where to go. Kate had asked him earlier what his dish was going to be. He asked her what she liked eating. She mentioned at a fancy place like Olive Garden, she eats Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo. He couldn 't help but be impressed as he enjoyed that, too. He promised her that is what he would make her. He asked her to be at his place by 6:30pm, which she agreed to) (Both wondered privately what it 'd be like to kiss the other...what the kiss would taste like.... [tags: Debut albums, 2005 singles, English-language films]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- ● ◊ ● ◊ ● ◊ ● ◊ ● ◊ ● ◊ ● ◊ ● Five hours later I 've got the perfect tan to set off the rest of spring break as I stand waiting by the window in the living room. The bonfire would be starting in about an hour and I was waiting on Mason and Leighton before heading down to help set up. As I watch the sun over the trees I see Mason walk down the stairs into the living room. "You look great." I shrug, glancing down at my outfit. It consisted of high-waisted denim shorts, a Jack Daniels tank top, a red and black buffalo checked shirt, and a pair of vans.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2005 singles, Debut albums]
1771 words (5.1 pages)
- The night grew quiet as the streets of Williamsburg, Virginia filled with nothing. Nothing but the wind and the sudden rustle of bags grinding the floor,11:29pm... “Can we leave now?!” Hale exclaimed. She wore a white dress with some red bow tied to her brown hair, it sustained her “10 year old girl” ponytail into place.Her eyes have a syrup color to it. My dad says she looks like my mother, I last saw my mother about 2 years ago when she passed away, my dad always says that with the departure of my mother another came to be, my sister Hale, then he smiles and rubs his eyes.... [tags: Man, Boy, Mother, BOY]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- Several hours later, her phone rang. She picked it up and her heart skipped a beat when she heard Kellen’s voice. “I just wanted to let you know most of the supplies are ordered now, so I can start tearing down the burned-out part of the kitchen. A dumpster will be delivered today about four-thirty. Johnny came by and I hired him. I hope that’s okay with you, Boss Lady.” “Why did you hire Johnny, Mr. Slade?” She found it rather odd, as most folks who didn’t know him thought he was slow. Rhian differed from that opinion, but she wondered what Kellen thought.... [tags: Debut albums, 2007 singles, 2006 albums]
4435 words (12.7 pages)
- Ms. Emily was correct. There were two spirits here, one good and the other evil. She suspected the good one is Sean, but who is the evil one. She returned her concentration to Denise. “The spirit who occupies this space stays in the darkness. It is darkness. The spirit who resides here is proud. I sense they lived a privileged life. What I hear is revenge. It wants to exact justice for a personal slight.” Denise said this spirit was proud and felt entitled. That could fit the description of Lacey’s husband or Lacey herself.... [tags: 2008 singles, 2005 singles, 2009 singles, Want]
1764 words (5 pages)
- Fíli turned his back on Dale and returned to Erebor that very night. Kíli was to tell Thorin and anyone who enquired that his brother’s old injury was troubling him. Since they were to be leaving Dale the very next morning Fíli’s absence would surely go unnoticed… at least, by most. Kíli watched dismally from atop the rebuilt stone battlements as the lone ram and its traveller slowly trekked their way along the moonlit path between Dale and the Erebor. "What are you thinking?" Tauriel asked softly as she stepped up beside him, as swift and silent as the night breeze.... [tags: Debut albums, 2004 albums, Marriage]
1666 words (4.8 pages)
- Elie Wiesel's Night "It's over. God is no longer with us." Ang "It's over. God is no longer with us." ang isa sa mga mabigat na binitawang salita ng isa sa mga "rabbi" na kasama ni Wiesel sa "concentration camp" noong nakaraang ikalawang digmaang daig-dig. Ang librong Night ay tungkol sa karanasan ng hudyo na si Elie Wiesel sa kamay ng mga Nazi. Bata pa lamang siya noong dinala siya kasama ang kanyang pamilya sa Auschwitz. Dito na nagsimula ang isang napakahabang pagbabago na naranasan ni Wiesel.... [tags: Book Analysis Wiesel Night]
1360 words (3.9 pages)