Rob waited for her to start telling him about her visit. He stood up and went to the refrigerator. He grabbed them each a can of soda and brought it back to the table. This gave her something to play with while gathering her words to explain what all had happened at the visit. She mainly wanted him to know she was going to be alright. She wasn 't defeated; she was renewed and made stronger by the event.
"When you dropped me off I went directly upstairs. The line was long, and before I could enter the ward, I was searched! I didn 't expect that Rob. In fact, I didn 't expect anything that happened there today. When I spoke to my mother, she totally ignored me. She refused to respond to me at all. At first, I was hurt, and then I realized she had done me the biggest favor of my life. She had cut me loose, and I am free. Do you know how good that feels right now?” Melanie was still a little giddy from her mood lifting decision.
Rob smiled across the table at her as she relived the pain and then the joy of realizing she had been presented with a gift. Her mother didn 't even realize she had given her the most incredible present. Melanie now had an opportunity to be happy. Melanie shared with Rob how Rachel had been freed by all this as well. "Rachel may have had some unresolved issues of ...
... middle of paper ...
...ce in order to sound mysterious and ominous and wagged his eyebrows. Mel laughed because she wasn 't afraid in the least. Rob cashed out his tips for the evening and waited on Melanie to complete her closing procedures. Melanie took her time balancing the total between the cash register and the computer and sighed a huff of relief when she was finished.
She worried about taking so long when Rob was already finished for the night and was waiting on her so that they could leave. Rob never seemed to mind, he sat watching the late show on the television that was suspended from the ceiling at the far side of the pizzeria. It was late when they headed to Rob 's home and they both grumbled all the way home. “It’s not right to stay late and then get up early for school in the morning. Ah, who are we kidding, we love it,” Melanie said laughing.
Rob laughed, “yeah, I know.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Setting: It is a nice, sunny spring morning in Middletown, Connecticut. A group of five friends are out at their favorite restaurant for brunch. Gregory has to decide which parent to visit for the holidays, and enlists the help of his friends in deciding whose home to spend the holidays at. All of the friends are gathered around a brunch table, enjoying their breakfast when Gregory begins to speak. Gregory: Puts down coffee. I just have no idea what to do. Both of my parents live the same distance from my house so it’s not a matter of which trip will hurt the environment less, like it is for my sister.... [tags: Mother, Mother insult, Parent, The Table]
1740 words (5 pages)
- Gameplay Related Info Once the game is complete there is an endless mode that becomes available which uses the last level’s room, and endless waves of enemies come, slowly getting harder. Besides stealth there are no other special modes that the levels need to be designed for. As for the list of items that are needed, I’m sure that concept Art and floor plan, plus the required assets should already be listed though previously sections pictures, and will be listed further Under “Required Assets” Presidents Room: This being the first room the player sees (Not interacted with, as this place is only for the introduction scene, cut scenes and the ending of the game.) The layout closely flowers th... [tags: Table, Rooms, Chair, Building]
2003 words (5.7 pages)
- The book, “Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim” by David Sedaris, David write’s stories about his family, spading from his childhood to his adult life. Throughout the essays David goes in depth about his relationship with his family and how his childhood has shaped the way him and his brothers and sisters has grown up to be adults, resulting to each of his siblings having their own unique mental illness. In the essay, “Let it Snow”, David and his siblings were stuck at home because of the snow.... [tags: Family, Sibling, Parent, Abuse]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- Close Reading of “August 2026: There Will Come Soft Rains” “August 2026: There Will Come Soft Rains” is a short story taken out of the book The Martian Chronicles written by Ray Bradbury. The story is set in Allendale, California in August of 2026 where a futuristic house is programmed to wake up the McClellan family and make breakfast and tend to their needs. On the side of the house are the charred silhouettes of the family. The house goes on with its routine until it is destroyed by a fire. During the time period that Ray Bradbury wrote the short stories, World War II had just ended and The Cold War was quickly coming on the rise.... [tags: Irony, Short story, Science fiction]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- The observation took place indoor at my relative 's house. I went to observe the child on Tuesday at 12:00 in the morning. When you first enter the house and walk through the hallway, you will see that the kitchen is on the right side and the dining table on the left. After passing the kitchen and dining table, you will see that the living room connects to the back-yard. The living room 's walls had multiple picture frames and decoration pieces hanging along with a brown color clock. Moreover, the living room had dark green sofa 's, television, a coffee table and variety of toys that include a white writing board, a box of legos, soft toys, barbie dolls, kitchen sets, play house, books, bal... [tags: Child development, Jean Piaget, Childhood, Table]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- Up in Flames She lies wide-awake, a hammer clutched in her hand underneath her pillow. The old plantation home creaked and moaned outside her bedroom door. Mrs. Geller squeezes the hammer tightly, listening for footsteps. With each creak, she grows more anxious. He steps on the last step of the staircase, sending a familiar creak through the hallway. Followed by knocking a few seconds later. She screams “Leave me be. I’ve had enough of you.” as she jumps out of bed and throws open the door. Hammer still in hand she looks frantically around the empty corridor.... [tags: Family, Anxiety]
2669 words (7.6 pages)
- S.W. then picks up the napkin to wipe her mouth. Then S.W. screams, “Me” for more milk. S.W. then picks up the cheese and is holding it for about 5 seconds with her left hand. She then eats the cheese slowly piece by piece. S.W. has now picked up one piece of the bread and is eating it. S.W. is now talking to the student on her left. Now, she has switched back to talking to the student on her right. S.W. is finished eating the bread and turns her head to the side. S.W. then eats the other bun and holds it in her left hand in a twisted sort of way.... [tags: Left-handedness, Left-wing politics]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Once he was in the trees it was a quick run over to Sam and Emily 's house. Jake walked in the door and immediately smelled something wonderful coming from the kitchen. “Hello, Jacob,” Emily called with a soft smile on her face. “Hi, Emily. Is Sam around?” “He should be in soon. Would you like to stay for lunch?” “Yes, please.” Jake knew that his mouth was watering and he just hoped that he wasn 't making a puddle on the floor. He walked over to the large worn table and took a seat. In no time Emily brought a large bowl of wide egg noodles covered in a beefy stroganoff sauce and set it directly in front of him.... [tags: American film actors, American television actors]
1706 words (4.9 pages)
- Tillie 2:28 am. I’ve always had strong faith. It’s something that I’ve always heard, but I forgot all of the scripture that I learned and pleaded. Bring him back. Live. Live. God, please let him breathe. Bring him back. Just let him stay with me. They said that he wouldn’t survive the night. The doctor’s at Grady Hospital had said that the weeks before that after he was hit by a car while riding his motorcycle leaving him in critical condition. “He’s survived this long. So, we will see,” I hung up the phone, rolled over, and stared at the popcorn ceiling.... [tags: 2005 singles, 2008 singles, Want, Debut albums]
1914 words (5.5 pages)
- Have you ever forgot something, but you never knew you forgot it. Like it just slipped your mind and instead of going somewhere that you can remember, it dies in a bottomless pit. Your parents remember and your older siblings remember, but you do not. You were too young to remember it. Completely normal, everyone has gone through this. Astronauts, great philosophers, and even celebrities have gone through this. Kristen Ohlson, a freelance writer who has written several books and articles, wrote about this in her article the great forgetting.... [tags: Human brain, Brain, Hippocampus, Psychology]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- Using Informational Books Into The Classroom
- Analysis Of ' Luna Flower Bates And Elijah James Bates '
- Equality For Equal Rights And Responsibilities
- The International Organization Of Migration
- The Death Of The Bill I Would Like Discuss Is The Dead Bill
- The Accuracy Of Communication Between Middle Management And Top Management