Game developers first started to work on steampunk games as early as 1985. The game called The Eidolon were published in December 1985 by Lucasfilm Games. As a prototype it did not provide fully created steampunk world as gamer are familiar today. But it opened the way for further development in the industry. The game started with player’s discovery of the Eidolon, a Victorian era machinery, in an abandoned lab. As player investigated, he accidently teleported to another dimension because of the malfunction in the machine. The energy emitted from the Eidolon awoke the creature...
... middle of paper ...
...C Reviews." Metacritic.com, 2014. Web. 6 Jan 2014.
Official Xbox Magazine. "Review: Bioshock." Oxm.co.uk, 2007. Web. 6 Jan 2014.
Olafson, Peter. "The Angry Red Planet." Computer Gaming World 1991: Print.
Onion, Rebecca. "Reclaiming the Machine: An Introductory Look at Steampunk in Everyday Practice." Neo-Victorian Studies, 1. 1 (2014): 138-163. Web.http://www.d.umn.edu/~csigler/PDF%20files/NVS%201-1%20R-Onion.pdf.
Rpgnet. "Review of Space 1889." Rpg.net, 2004. Web. 6 Jan 2014.
Thompson, Michael. "The memories of our future: Steampunk in gaming." Ars Technica, 2008. Web. 5 Jan 2014.
Williams, Gregg. "Atari Playfield." Computer Gaming World 1986: 1. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Analysis of The Hunger Games: The Presence of the Elements of the Monomyth Released in 2012, The Hunger Games is an adventure science-fiction movie by Gary Ross starring critically-acclaimed actors Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, and Liam Hemsworth. It is the first installment of a four-movie series based on the novel trilogy The Hunger Games written by Suzanne Collins (“The Hunger Games”). The movie tells the story of Katniss Everdeen, a 16-year-old citizen of Panem’s District 12, who volunteers to take her younger sister’s place in the 74th Hunger Games, a televised competition where one boy and one girl of each of the twelve districts of the nation of Panem are randomly chosen as tri... [tags: The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins, Adventure]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Definition of Marketing is, “Marketing is the management process responsible for identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer requirements profitably.” – CIM Definition. Definition of Marketing Process is, “Business function and management skills. It requires planning, analysing, resource allocation, control and investment, skilled workers and other physical resources” – Edexcel Business study guide. Therefore, the various elements of marketing is the Boots Marketing Mix. The various elements of marketing process that Boots adapts According to Boots UK that Boots promotes family values and the marketing process is to find Boots customers’ needs and wants then find the necessary demand... [tags: management process, business]
3182 words (9.1 pages)
- Ultrasonic sound- The PING))) ultrasonic sensors operate using ultrasonic sound. The sensor emits an ultrasonic chip, which is reflected off of and object. The sensor times how long it takes for the sensor to emit the chirp, and have it received off the object as an echo. Using the equation of the speed of sound in air, the sensor monitors distance. The sensor operates using a 40kHz chirp. This frequency falls in the sound range commonly used by animals for communication. Frequencies that are much higher, for example 1-20 mHz are used more commonly for medical imaging.... [tags: Various]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- AN INTRODUCTION TO THE ANCIENT OLYMPIC GAMES The Ancient Olympic Games, which occurred between 766BC and AD 395, caused residents from each corner of the classical world to travel to Olympia in western Greece. They did so in order to observe famous athletes competing (Swadding, 2002: 8). The goal of this essay is to discuss the importance of the Olympic Games in ancient Greek society, with specific emphasis on history, art, literature and the law. Furthermore, attention will be given to the way in which the ancient Games differ from the modern Olympic Games, by discussing the inclusion of women.... [tags: Ancient Olympic Games, Olympic Games, Olympia]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Imagine a world in which the concept of electricity was never fully grasped, where the steam engine reigned supreme and the electrical circuit was a pipe dream. The people of this world would never stop innovating and would adapt, as humans often do, to the limitations of their machinery. Therefore, monolithic machinations would be constructed for relatively simple problems that we might have today, and that Industrial style of clothes would never really fall out of the mainstream. Instead it would just become more modernized, rather than exiting our lives entirely.... [tags: Technology, Modern Day Electronics]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- This documentary takes the opportunity to highlight the battle behind the lead up to the 2016 Olympic Games and explores the problems that host nation Rio de Janeiro is going through, problems that the International Olympic Committee does not want people to know. Embroiled in scandals, and mistreatment of its own citizens Rio de Janeiro is looking to set an example to the rest of the world on how not to prepare for hosting an Olympic Games. The intent is to highlight the treatment of the people behind the country who promised to give them jobs, bring tourists and money to their country instead Rio may just spend more than they will receive.... [tags: Olympic Games, Summer Olympic Games]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Video games have been argued about for decades. Some people have argued that video games are linked to violence. However, new research shows that video games can be used for therapeutic purposes, exercise, stress relievers, positive interactive learning, hand eye coordination, and different types of patient treatment for people all around the world. When playing video games, the coordination and concentration can physically, socially, and mentally benefit the user. Research today shows that certain video games can reduce fat and therefore promote weight loss.... [tags: Video Games]
1776 words (5.1 pages)
- The Elements of Newton's Philosophy. By Voltaire. (Guildford and London: Billing and Sons Ltd., 1967. Pp xvi, 363.) In this essay, published in 1738, Voltaire explains the philosophies of not only Newton, but in a large part Descartes because of his contributions in the fields of geometry. In Voltaire's concise explanation of Newton's and other philosophers' paradigms related in the fields of astronomy and physics, he employs geometry through diagrams and pictures and proves his statements with calculus.... [tags: Elements of Newton's Philosophy]
515 words (1.5 pages)
- According to Peter’s map – the north is rich and the south is poor, this is also stated by the Brandt Report. The Brandt Report works on the principle that; if you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day but if you teach him to fish, you will feed him for life. This basically means that if you give someone in a poor country some fish for example, it will only last for a limited amount of time, because it gets eaten – a short term solution. Whereas if you teach him how to fish, he can go and fish for himself and feed himself free of charge to him or anyone else – a long term solution.... [tags: Various]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Cure panic attacks and stop living in fear. Since this disorder can occur without warning, it can take a toll on those afflicted, preventing them from living a healthy, productive lifestyle. Common symptoms include feeling weak, faint, or dizzy; tingling or numbness in the hands; sweating or chills; chest pains including "racing" heart and difficulty in breathing; and a sense of losing control. Anti-anxiety medicines like Xanax, Klonopin, and Ativan are some of the medications prescribed at the onset of the treatment for panic attacks.... [tags: Various]
1918 words (5.5 pages)