Organization is defined as “social entities that are goal directed, are designed as deliberately structured and coordinated activity system, and are linked to the external environment” (Kirst- Ashman, 2011 p. 160). The Smithville Area Aging Agency is an organization because it fits into the definition. Smithville is a “social entities because it is made up with people, with all their strengths and failings” (Kirst- Ashman, 2011 p. 160). Smithville Area Aging Agency have five departments management over the different social service units. There is only one social worker, but the rest of the employees have degrees in Criminal Justice, History, Psychology, Sociology, couple of employees with Social Worker degrees and the rest have degrees in a wide range of fields. It is goal directed because the main goal of organization is to provide services for all elderly citizen in Smithville. Designed as deliberately structured and coordinated activity system, because the “activity systems are a cluste...
... middle of paper ...
...s and by changing the culture of this agency, all the elderly citizens of Smithville can get help. By changing the management style to theory Y, which “management views the employees as wanting to grow and develop by exerting physical and mental effort to accomplish work objectives to which they are committed”(Kirst- Ashman, 2011 p. 168). The staff can get excited about helping the elderly, and know that they are doing good work. In addition, the leadership style can be change to support leadership, which “ involves being friendly to and approachable by employees, showing concern for them and their welfare, treating them as equals, and creating a friendly climate” (Kirst- Ashman, 2011 p. 289). This way, if the staff have any concerns they can voice them, instead of being fearful of getting fired. By following these changes, there will still be hope for this agency.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Other services are distributed to as many people as possible with the knowledge that some persons will not qualify for the services. These types of justice are the ones that we encounter most often and are most familiar. Overall, I saw that the Area Agency on Aging program strives to meet the key values of the the Code of Ethics. They are open to making changes as they are identified as well as working to keep the best interest of those that they serve in the forefront of any work that is done on their behalf.... [tags: Old age, Middle age, Gerontology, Costs]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- Geriatric group Geriatric refers to the population that is old and aging (markis, 2007). It is evident that most persons at the age of 60 and 65 are considered to be at the age of retirement. At this point their lives are taking a different turn, they are expelled from whatever their occupations were. All major regions in the world are conscious of the rate of aging in their societies. Across the United States it is projected that the population will grow at a faster rate than Europe and many of the East Asian and Latin American countries (P R C 2014).... [tags: Sociology, Gerontology, Old age, Aging]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- The theory of gerotranscendence is a developmental theory of positive aging that was first proposed by Lars Tornstam in 1989. Gerotranscendence was Tornstam’s response to the mismatch between current theories and statistics (Tornstam, 2011). Tornstam used both qualitative and quantitative research methods. He performed in-depth interviews with 50 older adults, conducted two large postal surveys to collect data, and many other studies. The first large survey included participants aged 74-100.... [tags: Gerontology, Ageing, Aging, Middle Ages]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- This paper looks into the law enforcement agency conducted throughout the semester and observing the duties of the staff and its deputies. Upon completion, this will allow an explanation on how they operate in different fields of law enforcement, all using each other 's resources to complete a case or solve a crime. The internship also prepares the individual in their wish of career choice and learns the qualifications such as Patrol deputy, Detention deputy, 911 dispatcher, and so on. The Hillsborough County Sheriff 's Office is the primary law enforcement agency for the county while inside this county also has three of its own Police departments; Tampa, Plant City, and Temple Terrace.... [tags: Police, Law enforcement agency]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- China, Japan and Korea have lots of similarities; such as they start economic development and growth within a short period of time, which is 1960s of Japan, Korea in1970s and China had economic reform since 1978. They have successfully controlled their population growth which population transition from high birth rate to low birth rates in a short period of time. Population aging is one of the social issues which they are facing. This essay will examine their differences and the impact or significant toward their neighbouring countries.... [tags: asian population, aging, elderly]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- You don’t have to succumb to the signs of aging, by checking your daily habits, you prevent or delay signs of aging. One of the obvious places people start to age is there skin, especially their face. When a person ages, the skin loses its elasticity that is why wrinkles and fine lines start to appear especially on the face, neck, and hands. Most people look to anti-aging products as a solution when they notice that their skin is starting to age. You can walk into any drugstore or department store and find a slew of products claiming to erase the signs of aging on your skin.... [tags: Aging]
536 words (1.5 pages)
- Ageing Population in Indonesia Ageing populations is a community of people that in process of growing old or developing the appearance and characteristics of old age. 12 percent of world populations are aged sixties. Every country has different standard for determining or categorize the aging people. Indonesia has made great development in their life expectancy rate for the past decades, in the same way Indonesia also among the nations that has made tremendous progress in increasing their nation life expectancy.... [tags: Gerontology, Old age, Aging, Ageing]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- When Thinking About Aging With healthcare in the United States advancing so rapidly, there are new ways to treat just about any kind of illness every day. With being able to treat illnesses in new ways, and also the advancement of medical equipment, comes the possibility of a lot more people living up into their 90’s, and maybe even getting to reach 100. The aging population, which keeps growing every so rapidly, will be using up a lot more sources as the years go by. This means, that we need to educate more doctors and nurses, etc., and also make more living facilities for older adults.... [tags: Retirement, Gerontology, Ageing, Aging]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Abstract This report presents several aspects of aging. The report looks at a number of theories of why we age, the physical and mental changes we undergo as we age, and ways of caring for the elderly. TABLE OF CONTENTS INTRODUCTION......................................................1 THEORIES OF WHY WE AGE............................................2 Genetics.....................................................2 Cellular.....................................................2 Physiological................................................2 PHYSICAL CHANGES..................................................2 MENTAL CHANGES....................................................5 Alzheimer's Disea... [tags: The Aging Body, Physiological Changes]
1792 words (5.1 pages)
- An Aesthetics Of Aging Recall, reader if ever in the mountains a mist has caught you, through which you could not see except as moles do through skin … Dante, Comedy1 ARGUMENT: THE RELEASE FROM THE BODILY EGO Many recent studies on visual culture highlight the representation of the body in photography as a signifier of social constructions. Photography however has always played an important part in the construction of the subject, a perspective that I suggest in what follows, one that combines analytical concepts with aspects of the phenomenology of perception, indispensable for the understanding of art works and of our relation to them.... [tags: Age Aging Visual]
3895 words (11.1 pages)