Step 1Good use of headings;
What about Me?
I was unaware that I had a Type A personality. It is not on the highest end of the spectrum but it is indeed significant. Such a trait tends to focus on quantity rather than quality (Pearson Education, 2008). I never really paid close attention to that facet but when truly reflecting on it, the relevance is heightened. I am not the most creative person either which is also a characteristic of the A category. Stress is attested to the personality that I hold, as well.
I knew I was dissatisfied with certain areas of my job but until I was questioned on the specifics, I was unaware of the exact parts that I was the most frustrated with. Before, I simply hated the position all around but I have come to the conclusion ...
... middle of paper ...
... I enjoy being of aid to others so, it speaks volumes when the abilities needed to help an individual consumed with chaos turn out to be the very traits that I would consider a weakness of mine (Fischer, 2006). aAmen, excellent application of your Biblical reference
All in all, I can certainly attest that the knowledge gained from the self-assessments will prove to be quite useful in the future. Through this assignment, I expanded my ability to assess my own personality; along with the personalities of others (Kroeger, Thuesen, Rutledge, 2002). Characteristics that make up a person’s personality are very complex and in-depth. However, unless further knowledge on the subject is obtained, then this outlook is rarely applied. Thus, proper research and evaluation are needed in order to grasp a better understanding of ourselves and those that are around us
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This paper will examine the results the Prentice Hall’s Self- Assessment Online Library. The scores will be broken down and a brief analyses of the result will be given. This paper will include a discussion on what the author learned from taking the Prentice Hall’s Self- Assessment. This paper will provide an analysis of the following categories: personality insights, values and attitude insights, motivation insights, decision making insights and other concepts in order to answer the following question “What about me?.... [tags: Personality psychology]
2654 words (7.6 pages)
- The Prentice Hall’s Self-Assessment Online Library contained different assessments that revelead different scores for personality traits and their relation to the workplace. The assessment contained 3 areas of focus, individual evaluation of self, working with others, and life in organizations. After completing the assessments a score was calculated and results were provided. First, I will briefly discuss my results from the various assessments. Organization behavior is important to study in the workplace to understand different behaviors, roles and structure.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology]
1258 words (3.6 pages)
- The following paper required the assessment of answers that were chosen to questions asked by Prentice Hall’s Self-Assessment Online Library. For each given part of the questionnaire, the knowledge that was obtained while doing so was thoroughly evaluated. The information that is discussed was then applied to the workplace. Behaviors and interactions with others were focused on in the explanation of the roles that such awareness would contribute to in becoming a better employee and co-worker. These sections were then applied to what was learned about myself along with what knowledge advancement I gained on the topic of organizational behavior.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology, Feeling]
1397 words (4 pages)
- There are personality types that a person can bring to an organization. Looking at these types of personalities can be detrimental to the type of behavior that a person brings to the organization as a leader or even as a person that is taking orders. Some people might look at rewards and promotions as a motivation to do better which is a big part of their personality type. There are a lot of key factors that can play a role in how behavior works in an organization. It is important to understand the personalities of employees because it helps determine the working relationships between everybody because there could be some similarities and non-similarities amongst people.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology]
1278 words (3.7 pages)
- Project 2 builds on the personality assessment in Project 1 conducted at the beginning of the course and is divided into three steps. Step 1 provides details on me as a person, how I work with others and my ability to work within organizations. These details are framed within the subheadings of personality, values and attitudes, motivation, decision making, ability to work with others and my ability to work within organizations as scored from a Prentice Hall’s self-assessment conducted on 14 February 2015.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1302 words (3.7 pages)
- This essay will discuss my personality type from the Prentice Hall Self-Assessment. The assessment is broken down into three sections: Part I: “What about me?”, Part II: “Working with Others”, and Part III: “Life in Organizations”. There are numerous questions and the questions are thought provoking. The essay will discuss the significance of what I have learned about myself and how my discovery can help me become a better employee and co-worker. Prentice Hall Self-Assessment The Prentice Hall Self-Assessment is a lot more extensive than the Myers-Briggs Personality test.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1898 words (5.4 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is for readers to gain the knowledge and have an understanding of how Prentice Hall’s Self-Assessment relates to an individual’s personality traits in everyday life situations. The assessment is broken down in three steps in a serious of questions that will have individuals learn about their behavior and characteristics and how these traits can have an effect not only in the work place, but also in your personal life. The assessment is a series of personality tests that will have a reflection on an individual and how they can either improve their traits to better themselves or learn new characteristics about themselves that they wasn’t aware of.... [tags: Big Five personality traits]
1709 words (4.9 pages)
- I am an ISTJ with unique personality strengths and weaknesses. My strengthens are being hardworking, productive, efficient, and driven (Kroeger, Thuesen, & Rutledge, 2002, p. 306). In opposition, being compulsive, inexpressive, and driven by routines are my weaknesses (Kroeger et al, 2002, pp. 308-309). The Prentice Hall Self-Assessment increased awareness of more personality strengths and weaknesses for my consideration. As a type A personality I am always on the go, seeking efficiencies in nearly every task, if not attempting to do multiple tasks at once (Robbins & Judge, 2009, p.... [tags: Personality psychology, Personality]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Recently, school library journals have been fraught with tales of gloom and despair – the libraries are closing. But dig a little deeper, scratch more than the surface, and perhaps we will find that not all school libraries are closing. In fact, the trend suggests that only libraries that are not meeting the updated needs of their students find themselves on the chopping block. Why. The traditional services offered by the traditional school library can no longer be supported under the weight of enormous financial constraints.... [tags: Library Science]
1667 words (4.8 pages)
- Libraries are an essential part of the community. However not all societies have libraries. Libraries require centralized populations, economic development and political stability for their survival. Libraries exist in places where peace exists. They cannot exist in places with full of conflicts. Libraries have different missions and serve different communities differently. People and organizations establish libraries with different missions. Historical overview shows that libraries have always had missions.... [tags: Library Science, Information, Archive]
1137 words (3.2 pages)