Michael Jackson is an African American who has always had a love for music and a big success in the music and entertainment industry. Growing up in a small home for eleven in Indiana, things were always tight around the house. His parents had been involved with music by playing instruments or singing in church so naturally all of the kids had grown a love for music, singing, dancing, and playing instruments. Their father, Joe, also believed that allowing them to play music inside would help keep them out of gangs outside in the streets. Although Michael spent a lot of time watching all of his siblings play some form of music because he was one of the youngest, everyone always knew Michael had something special going on in his dancing and singing. One day when the kids were using Joe’s guitar while he was working late, they accidentally broke the string and put the guitar back in place in ho...
... middle of paper ...
...chael Jackson was truly an aspiring musician and businessman. I learned an in depth description about where Michael came from, how he achieved his immense amount of success, and the significant impact he left behind on the music industry. This book gives a big insight on the personal life of an African American musician who was one of the biggest influences on music. People who are looking into learning about where Michael Jackson came from and the history behind his success are the type of audience who should read this book. It is indeed a very descriptive biography that I would recommend to anyone of any age. Not only does the book mention his musical and financial side, but also every challenge that went along with getting to each stage of his life whether it was good or bad. Michael was a sincerely gifted person who’s story will be carried on for decades to come.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, and raised in Gary, Indiana by Katherine Jackson and Joe Jackson. Michael Jackson’s parents had a total of nine children and he was the seventh to be born. His singing career initiated at the young age of 5 and was the lead singer of the Jackson 5. The Jackson 5 consisted of the five brothers: Jackie, Jermaine, Tito, Marlon and lead singer Michael. They would play at local clubs and bars, however, fortunately, as their talent thrive, their audience expanded.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, La Toya Jackson]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Michael Jackson was born in Gary, Indiana on August 29, 1958. He was the son of Katherine and Joseph Jackson. Michael had eight siblings. They all had their share in the music industry. His father was a crane operator but had a passion for music. The children heard music all the time. Joseph put together a musical group called The Jackson 5. Katherine Jackson noticed that Michael had an incredible talent in music. Michael loved dancing and singing. Michael became the lead vocalist at the age of five.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Randy Jackson]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Willis Wise Mr. Farris Rhetoric 1 November 21, 2017 Michael Jackson Michael Jackson "The King of Pop". Who was Michael Jackson. What did he do. Was he a bad person. Was he really as twisted as people said he was. These questions are often asked when people think of Michael Jackson. Today we are going to answer these questions. Michael was born on August 29, 1958. He was a best-selling American singer, songwriter, and dancer. As a child, Jackson became the lead singer of his family's popular Motown group, the Jackson 5.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Michael Jackson was given the title, the “King of Pop”, for very good reason; he captured audiences with his catchy lyrics, amazing dance moves, and dazzling outfits. His legacy has lived beyond the grave, as his music is played on the radio, his concert movie, This Is It, was released after his death, and people are still moonwalking and doing the Thriller dance. Michael inspired, and was adored by many, but his music did much more than just entertain. He sang about racial and social injustices and broke down the musical barriers of his time.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Janet Jackson]
1564 words (4.5 pages)
- Michael Joseph Jackson, also known as the "King of Pop" was born August 29th, 1958. He was an entertainer, musician and a dancer. One of the most influential entertainers of all times. Michael was an icon of pop culture for his own style of fashion and dance moves. He became a part of the music industry at the young age of 7, Michael made his debut alongside his brothers in the band the Jackson 5. This was the start of his career, which eventually led to a solo career starting in 1971. Beginning his career at such a young age, Jackson never had the chance to live a normal childhood.... [tags: Michael Jackson, ]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- Michael Jackson Michael Jackson is a name that is known worldwide. People either love him or hate him, but no one has ever denied that he had talent. This sing songwriter became the King of Pop as he transformed the face of pop music and popular culture across the nation. He started out as the lead singer of the Jackson family popular Motown group called the Jackson 5 (Michael Jackson Biography, n.d.). From there on he began breaking numerous records. As a solo artist, he received multiple Grammys and Guinness world records.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Janet Jackson]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Michael Jackson – A Star among Stars Music lives and makes us happy. His contribution as a musician brought us some of the most exciting times in the history of music industry. He was a cultural icon, a star whose career spanned for four decades and a man who was always surrounded by controversy. He inspired many artists, changed the way people see pop music and built a dynasty that will last for many years. His name was Michael Jackson. Michael was born on August 29, 1958 in Garry Indiana. He was raised by his parents along with 8 other siblings who lived in a two bedroom house.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Janet Jackson]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- Born to Joseph and Katherine Jackson, MIchael was born on August 29, 1958 in Gary, Indiana. He was the youngest sibling out of 5 but that did not stop his talent from shining through. In the early 1960’s, Michael’s father put together a music group using his sons, which later became known as the Jackson 5 (“Michael Jackson Biography”). Even from an early age, Michael was able to touch the lives of many people. At a young age, Michael became the lead singer of the Jackson 5 because of his voice range and depth.... [tags: Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5, Katherine Jackson]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- Vitiligo is a skin disease in which there is a loss of pigment (color) from areas of skin, ending in abnormal patches that feel like normal skin. Vitiligo affects 0.5-1% of people worldwide. That means about two million people are affected by this disease in this country alone. Compared to how many people live on this earth , the number isn’t that large. It’s pretty rare to have this disease. One of the two million people that was affected by this disease was a music icon, the king of pop, Michael Jackson.... [tags: Vitiligo, diseases, Michael Jackson, ]
1838 words (5.3 pages)
- Michael Jackson, also known as the “King of Pop,” has music that has been around for generations. Michael Jackson’s music has influenced people in many ways through his lyrics and dance moves. Stephen Thomas Erlewine says “he was one of the defining stars of the 20th century, a musician who changed the contours of American culture” (Erlewine). Michael Jackson inspired people through his diverse music, fashion trends and social awareness’s that promoted change or difference in the world. Michael Jackson’s music didn’t belong to just one genre.... [tags: Michael Jackson, Billie Jean, The Jackson 5]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- Hiv Virus And Its Effects On Human Populations
- Should Standardized Testing Be Taught?
- Planning Events That Benefit Society Need Time, Effort, And Help From Others Around The Community
- Analysis Of The Book ' The Great Gatsby '
- Reciprocity Is No Duty More Indispensable Than That Of Returning A Kindness
- Film Review : Do The Right Thing, Producer And Actor Spike Lee