The songs that were played at the concert were Low Rider by War and Soul Sacrifice by Santana.
Low Rider by War is composed with a piano, guitar, hand percussion, a drum kit, and most importantly, the cowbell. The song is in the key of G major and uses only one chord, which is G. In our musical performance we used the F blues scale to improvise each of our solos. This is one of the easiest songs I have played because it only used one chord. This melody is cool because with mix of the mallet percussion and drums, it sounds almost sounds identical to the original recording. This is not my favorite song but it is, however, a song I enjoy playing.
Soul Sacrifice by Santana is composed with a piano, organ, hand percussion, guitar, saxophones, and a drum kit. This song is in the key of Am but in the middle of the song it changes to Dm. The chords use in this song are Am, C, and Dm. In our performance we used the A blues scale to improvise each of our solos. This is a very complex song because it uses a multitude of riffs, hand percussion and mallet solos, and the Latin ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Nineteen Sixties were a time of grand turmoil in the United States. The nation almost came apart at the seams many times throughout the decade. The government was involved in a plethora of things at the time that the general population did not agree with. The most important was the Vietnam War. The Vietnam War was the most publicly protested war in the history of the country. There were many new forms of protesting used at this time. The most mainstream and effective way of protest was through song.... [tags: Social Studies]
3584 words (10.2 pages)
- It seems that there is one thing that most ancient Greeks can agree on, and that is the existence of the human soul. The obviousness of the soul’s existence could be related to the Latin word for soul, anima, which also means spirit, breath, and life. We also get the word animate from anima, something that is animated has the ability to move of its own accord. It follows from this that humans, being living things with the ability to move of their own accord, have souls. Though there is no disagreement about the existence of souls, the views of human souls vary.... [tags: Soul, Metaphysics, Life, Spirit]
1603 words (4.6 pages)
- Aristotle was a student of Plato, learning everything that his teacher passed on to him including his understanding and beliefs of the soul. However, Aristotle completely rejects his teachers ' belief about the soul. Aristotle wrote the De Anima to explain his thoughts on the Soul. In his writings, Aristotle says to forget the beliefs on the soul that our teachers have given us, and lets try to understand what the soul truly is (Cahn 230). When trying to determine the true nature of the soul, Aristotle takes a scientific approach to see the soul for what he believes it is.... [tags: Life, Soul, Mind, Logic]
1722 words (4.9 pages)
- ... The soul Dickinson describes in her work is made to symbolize any person. However from reading the poem, the soul might quite possibly represent Dickinson herself. Scholar Barton Levi St. Armand states that “ Dickinson was a soul who carefully selected her own society from her culture, just as from all other souls she “elected” only one.” (St. Armand) St. Armand’s research supports the idea that Dickinson made the decision to isolate herself from the outside world. Therefore the influence of others would not have a major effect in her society.... [tags: Soul, Life, Poetry, Immortality]
1436 words (4.1 pages)
- ... Ahmad is young but observant, and starting with his clues we learn that Teri and Mile 's marriage has lost its spark Teri is a workaholic who 's not interested in her husband 's music. Bird and Lem are struggling, not least because of the shadowy presence of her former boyfriend (Mel Jackson). The whole family is apprehensive about the arrival back in town of Faith (Gina Ravera), who is thought to have been a stripper in California and also well remembered for several loans she still hasn 't paid back.... [tags: Family therapy, Marriage, Family, Soul Food]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- The Soul The topic of this paper is the soul. In this paper I will be discussing how the soul exists, what the purpose is and the difference between the body and the soul. Most people define the soul as the spiritual part of a human being or animal considered to be immortal. I do believe it differs from the actual body and that it continues to live on after the body is gone. I believe that there is a soul, because that is what I was taught in church. The Bible has taught me there is a body and the soul is the life and personality that fills the body.... [tags: Soul, Spirit, Mind, Psychology]
1041 words (3 pages)
- ... Ergo, through this passage the beginning of the soul is introduced and it is exemplified that it was given to humans from God and without it humans would be nothing more than dust from the ground. Over time things tend to wear away. Even the life of a human will end one day since bodies disintegrate. However those are corporeal things, how about incorporeal things like a soul per se. In Judaism, “[t]he doctrine of immortality normally refers to the immortality of the soul—in contrast to the mortality of the body” (Arkush 1).... [tags: Soul, Life, Immortality, Death]
1245 words (3.6 pages)
- Immorality of the Soul Is the human soul mortal or immortal. With death does one fall into nothingness or does one survive death, passing into another way of existing. This is a question that has agitated thought for ages. There is something within all human beings that lives on forever. Even when death is upon us, the soul of a human being never dies. Thus, we arrive at the statement that the human soul is immortal. The purpose of this paper is to explain how the human soul is immortal through analyzing various philosophies.... [tags: human, soul, life, society]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Santana All the world knows the special magic of Carlos Santana as expressed through his music and his guitar playing, which is among the most distinctive and recognizable in all music. His is a tone of vibrant energy that bathes the human soul and awakens the unconscious spirit. The spirit of truth, the spirit of Brotherhood. In every performance, Carlos shares with his audience a personal communication that crosses all boundaries and differences, and makes all people, one people, one family.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- Carlos Santana Carlos Augusto Alves Santana aka Carlos Santana was born July 20 1947 in Autlan de Navarro, Jalisco, Mexico with a father of musical arts. When at the age of five he took up the violin which then developed his interested in music. Years later after his family moved to Tijuana it was then he began to play with the guitar, the instrument that would lead to his greatness. He was fascinated and surpassed his guitar heroes; they were John Lee Hooker, T. Bone Walker, and B.B. King. In 1961 Santana moved from Mexico to San Francisco, United States.... [tags: Biography]
1177 words (3.4 pages)