The agency I chose to do is the Hillandale golf course, which is located in Durham North Carolina. The reason why I chose to do my project on Hillandale golf course because since the beginning of the semester I have been traveling over to the golf course twice a week for a class learning the rules and the way the game of golf is played. Hillandale golf course is named the “Granddaddy golf course of Durham/ Research Triangle golf”. Hillandale was donated to the Durham area back in 1911 through the philanthropic interests of long-time Durham resident John Sprunt Hill. Donald Ross and Perry Maxwell originally designed the course. Donald Ross had designed the first 9 holes and Perry Maxwell came up with the last 9 holes. Since 1960 over 1.7 million rounds of golf have been played that being an average of 45,000 yearly. This public golf course provides a challenge from each level of players in the game of golf. In 1960, the Hillandale Golf Course was moved to its current location in Durham and was redesigned by George Cobb, who is also the designer of the Surf Club in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
The Mission Statement for the golf course is “To maintain and operate Hillandale golf course, a public recreational facility, open for all area residents”. When I first started taking classes at the golf course they told us to that Hillandale was a place for everyone and they allowed everyone to come to the golf course and learn the game and they also would like to bring members in the community together, and for a long time the course has been a good way to bring people together in the area. The golf course is located in a good area close to a lot of houses and also close to Northgate mall. As I attended the course I noticed that older men attend t...
... middle of paper ...
...golf. This clinic allows him to come on the golf course and still play the game of golf in his wheel chair. The mission of the Hillandale Golf Course Adaptive Golf Program is to provide a no cost nurturing golf environment four times a year for individuals who have experienced a birth defect, illness, traumatic accident or military injury. These 2 programs play a big role in patients with disabilities lives.
My most impressive aspect about this facility is the way the shop and the golf course is set up to their guest. In the shop they have a area that allows people from the public to come in and watch golf or just lounge around in the lounge area. They even have a few golf related games on the inside for the younger crowd they attract. I also admire how the club looks into making everyone around the community happy by giving free lessons out on special occasions.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Swing of Things Where can lush fairways, meticulously carved acres of beautiful pine, and oak trees be seen. A golf course presents an opportunity to see the beauty of nature, in a calming, and enlightened environment, while giving a competitor of any age or skill level a challenging, but exciting experience. Golf is perhaps the most intriguing, deep-seated game due to its beautiful golf courses, intense preparation, and clear mindset. Firstly, a golf course is the centerpiece of the game, carved through thick forests, laying stunningly next to the ocean, or streaming through gaping valleys.... [tags: Golf, Rules of golf, Driving range, Tee]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- Golf is becoming a huge sport in the retirement communities around Florida. Whether someone is playing a round of eighteen holes or watching the Rider Cup series on the television, this sport has had a huge boost in play in the past couple of years. Southern Woods country club is a private golf course that has been getting a lot of new players coming in and trying it out. The reason being is that it is one of two courses that you can play at during your stay. But that is not what this paper is about.... [tags: Golf course, Golf, Stress, Stress]
1735 words (5 pages)
- Did you ever want to do something perfectly. How about being at the top of something and being number one at it. I am sure everyone nowadays has that want. The want for being the best that you can at something you love to do. I am no exception to the rule. I worked at being the best at the game of golf. I was first introduced to the game of golf through my dad at the young age of three. My dad played and he bought me a child’s plastic golf club and ball so I could play with him. Several times we went to Myrtle Beach National Golf Course, as dad played late in the afternoon before dark during the spring and fall.... [tags: Golf, Rules of golf, Horry County, South Carolina]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Golf Courses Made More Environmentally Friendly Through the Advancement of Technology The human race has inhabited this planet for only a small window in the geological time scale, however, the advances and changes in lifestyle that humans have made throughout the course of history are amazing. The field of technology is by the far the most interesting aspect of human societal growth because it is our ability to build these products that separates from the other species we share this planet with.... [tags: Environment Golf Environmental Essays]
2867 words (8.2 pages)
- The Big Experience On the Golf Course Golf is a big experience for me in the first place. Three reasons why this certain tournament was such an experience was because I was the leader of our team. It was for pride against the other players we were playing, and it just was not for the pride it was also for the money and that played a big role in it also. Golf has brought me a long way like going to college and the way I look at certain things now. Being the captain of our team was a big privilege but it also made me very nervous.... [tags: essays research papers]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- Golf is the ultimate battle between man and nature. It is a beautiful sport in which dreams come true and hearts are broken. Man is challenged on every stroke by nature’s elements. Wind and rain are only a few of the conditions that affect this great game. Undulating hills, sand bunkers, thick rough, and even creeks and ponds come into play on most golf courses. These features are fierce at Augusta National Golf Course. Located along the fall line, the natural beauty of the region is the perfect complement to this championship golf course.... [tags: essays research papers]
400 words (1.1 pages)
- Many golf equipment companies are constantly trying to improve the different “tools” used during the game. And with the incredible rate of technology, golf equipment is constantly being taken to higher and higher levels. In fact, technology now allows golf equipment so precise and accurate, that many people believe it requires less skill to be a really exceptional golfer. As technology and the study of physics progresses, only newer and better equipment will be produced. This is why a line must be drawn between technology and the skills of today’s players.... [tags: physics sport sports golf]
3708 words (10.6 pages)
- The game of golf is one of the oldest of today’s modern sports. Its exact beginnings are not known; however, some historians trace golf back to the Stone Age while others claim it originated from the “idle antics of shepherd boys knocking small stones into holes in the ground with a crook while their flocks grazed nearby” (Peper 1). Researched back to the time of the Roman Empire, it is also believed the sports-oriented Romans played a forerunner of the game of golf called paganica. This sport involved the use of a bent stick and a ball stuffed with wool played in the open countryside.... [tags: Golf Sports Athletics Essays]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Ghost Creek, A Great Place to Play The July 4, 1998 issue of Golfweek magazine contains an advertisement about a well-known golf course in Cornelius, Oregon. The golf course is called Ghost Creek and the owners’ claim of policy is that they want people to come and play their golf course. The owners’ use a beautiful picture of the course to entice the reader to come and play the golf course. The advertisement uses claims of both fact and value, to further the claim of policy as well as offering supports and warrants to give credibility to the claim of policy.... [tags: Advertising Marketing]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Water and Salt water sound similar, at first you would think that but as soon as you research either of them you’ll find that the only thing they have one thing in common water. This pair brings to mind somewhat of a similar situation in golf and frisbee golf. One would think that you frisbee golf is just golf with a frisbee but this is not so it s deeper than that. When you experience both of these it come to you, although they share similar names golf and frisbee golf have many differences between them.... [tags: Ultimate Frisbee Golf]
986 words (2.8 pages)