• Strengths-Brands catering to varied customer segments. Carnival caters to all lifestyles and locations and has a capacity of ships 1.4 times the closest competitor. They have a lot of ships so they can have many in different ports to cater to the different destinations. Carnival is a well know brand and promotes a good value.
• Weakness- Declining profits affecting margins. With rising costs to run, maintain, and protect ships, passengers, and the environment it takes a chunk out of the bottom line.
• Brands catering to varied customer segments
Carnival has a portfolio of widely recognized cruise brands. The company's portfolio of brands includes: Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Costa Cruises, P&O cruises (UK), AIDA Cruises, Cunard Line, P&O Cruises Australia, Seabourn Cruise Line and ibero Cruises (phx.corporate-ir.net ). These brands cater to diverse people with different lifestyles and budgets. They also target different cultures and demographic groups, while taking into account people's diverse entertainment and holiday preferences. Being like this helps Carnival expand its markets and strengthen its position in the industry.
• Significant presence in diverse geographies helping mitigate dependency risk
Carnival, through its broad portfolio of cruise brands and the fleet of 100 ships, caters to its
customers globally. The company targets its largest market, North America, with four brands: Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn (.phx.corporate-ir.net ). In the UK, the company offers its Carnival Corporation & plc. Germany is one of the fastest growing markets in Europe. Costa Cruises offers its services in Southern ...
... middle of paper ...
...ation & plc. (2011). Carnival Corporation SWOT Analysis, 1-8.
• Johnson & Weaver, L. (3). Shareholder Rights Law Firm Johnson & Weaver, LLP Announces Investigation of Carnival Corporation. Business Wire (English).
• PR, Newswire. "CARNIVAL PLC - Carnival Corp & plc Reports Financial Impact In 2013." PR Newswire UK Disclose 13 Feb. 2013: Regional Business News. Web. 7 May 2014.
• PR, Newswire. "Carnival Corporation & plc Reports Financial Impact Of Voyage Disruptions In The First Half Of Fiscal 2013." PR Newswire US 13 Feb. 2013: Newspaper Source Plus. Web. 7 May 2014.
• Palmeri, Christopher, and Margaret Newkirk. "Will Carnival Party On?." Bloomberg Businessweek 4318 (2013): 16-17. Business Source Premier. Web. 7 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It is a great honor to write a letter of recommendation for Alejandra Galaviz. I have known Alejandra for three years in an academic setting. She was one of my finest Spanish students three years ago and she always motivated other students to succeed as well. She has been my most trusted teacher’s assistant for the last two years. She is one of the most mature, helpful, reliable and trustworthy students I have taught in my 12 years of public teaching. As a public high school teacher, I have seen hundreds of students walk in and out of my classroom over the last 12 years, and Alejandra is in the top 1% of students who have had a positive impact on me.... [tags: Recommendation]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- Keyboarding Software Packages: Analysis and Purchase Recommendation TABLE OF CONTENTS I. INTRODUCTION A. Purpose and Scope B. Procedures II. FINDINGS A. Overview of Software Being Evaluated B. Evaluation of Software 1. Based on Cost 2. Based on Ease of Use 3. Based on Feature Set 4. Based on Help and Support 5. Based on Supported Configurations III. SUMMARY, CONCLUSIONS, AND RECOMMENDATIONS A. Summary of the Problems and Procedures B. Summary of the Findings C. Conclusions and Recommendations INTRODUCTION Every company needs to ensure that it is receiving the utmost in productivity from its employees.... [tags: Software Recommendation]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- Analysis and Recommendations on the Plénitude Strategy Analysis of the Problem Plenitude by L’Oreal was introduced to the US market in 1988. Eight years since its introduction, it has quickly become the #2 brand in the market only to lose it later to Pond’s. Plenitude also hit a four-year sales plateau and was still not making any money in the US market. L’Oreal’s problems and root causes should first be identified and addressed. The root causes of L’Oreal’s problems are: 1. Wrong assumptions of the target market 2. Applying a market strategy based on the those assumptions 3. Continuing to do so for an extended period even given the results The target market When L’Oreal planned to release... [tags: Business Strategy Analysis]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Spring Break Cruise Have you ever wanted to have a whole month of just pure relaxation and enjoyment at an affordable price. Will now you can with Santa Blue a cruise ship to the Caribbean. Rooms start at $4,000 that 's a steal compare to other places. Some other cruise ships will charge you around $10,000 for 25 days maybe even 30 days out in sea. With that said you will be able to visit some of the most entertaining Caribbean islands. Not enough for you no worries on the cruise we will have a bunch of entertainment for your liking.... [tags: Ship, Cruise ship, Cuba, Caribbean]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- Consumers today have high standards for determining what products meet their specific needs. As such, a satisfactory shopping experience is defined as one where consumers can quickly find what they’re looking for. Electronic commerce, or e-commerce for short, has addressed these high standards, allowing consumers to input search terms to narrow down an online retailer’s inventory to the item they’re looking for, and subsequently place orders from the comfort of their own home. However, online retailers must be quick in matching consumers with the products they want; if the customer feels that their search isn’t going well, they will simply leave the online retailer to complet... [tags: Personalized Links Recommendations]
2846 words (8.1 pages)
- Sainsburys Analysis and Recommendations Management Styles There are three main types of management styles. These are autocratic, consultative and democratic. Autocratic ---------- The autocratic management style is one where the manager is used to give instructions. They tell people what to do instead of asking for their opinion on the matter in hand. The manager is the only person contributing to the decision making process in the business. Consultative ------------ The consultative management style is where managers consult other people before making a decision.... [tags: Business Management]
4039 words (11.5 pages)
- Business Analysis and Recommendations The world has moved at a considerable pace in the last few decades. Life has transformed completely with the invention of a number of useful modern machinery and gadgets that have eased the workload on people noticeably. Machines have replaced manual labour in so many fields of life.... [tags: Papers]
5814 words (16.6 pages)
- Singapore Airlines Recommendations to Management While performing the SWOT analysis, the several key issues are to be recommended to the management. These recommendations are intended to assist the Singapore Airlines in in keeping its pre-eminent position as it continue strives to be one of the best airline companies in the Today's airline industry. 1) The Singapore Airlines needs to keep its superiority and stay on top of the competition in the international market, despite the bad times associated with a global economy or strategies implemented by main competitors.... [tags: Business Analysis]
778 words (2.2 pages)
- RECOMMENDATIONS The cruise industry is under a bit of a makeover. Due to economic conditions and shifting demand, the cruise line industry is looking for new ways to attract cruise vacationers while maintaining the market that already exists. There are numerous ways to go about this. Royal Caribbean is being creative in its methods. Generally, Key West is one of the most frequented ports of call. However, as Phillips (2005) states The Sentry is canceling 26 port calls next year, and the Rhapsody of the Seas normally goes every week while next year it will only go every other week.... [tags: essays research papers]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- Dear Sir/Madame I am writing this letter to give my highest possible recommendation for Mr. Smith. I know Mr. Smith through his work in my office. Mr. Smith first approached me two years ago about the possibility of an internship in our company for the summer. At our first meeting I described the general outline of the project the he might work on. He asked good questions and appeared intelligent. He then went to the library and found many papers on the subject and read them carefully. He did this independently - I did not ask him to do this.... [tags: Letters of Recommendation]
356 words (1 pages)