Essay PreviewMore ↓
Team Achieve identified three different potential types of consulting firms in our first meeting. We have since decided on the strategic model of consultancy. The new strategic consultancy firm will be named Achieve after the team. As a strategic firm Achieve will have the benefit of founding members with varied professional backgrounds. The drawback to the strategic format without a specialty niche is the need for continual refocus of team efforts to ensure the specific client¡¦s needs are met. The goal of Achieve will be to provide the best possible opportunities for growth, development, marketing, research and implementation of their industry specific goals.
The other possible considerations for type of consultancy were a Human Resources type or a Generalist firm. The Generalist firm has the possibility of requiring an increasing number of skills with each new client, while quickly enhancing the skills of the team members. The Human Resources consultancy is a specialty firm that requires specific knowledge of current industry trends in salaries, benefits, affecting legislation, and provision of employee education and training. The nature of the Human Resources firm would require members of Achieve to undertake additional degrees and certifications in that specialty area. It is clear that focusing on strategies that can be applied in all industries will provide Achieve with the best plan for success.
As Harvard School of Business (1999) explained it ¡§a powerful strategy makes a powerful competitor¡¨. A strategy development follows the creation of a competitive advantage organization; this can only accelerate the birth of a global competition innovation. As a strategic consultation firm, we will develop a strategy that benefits your organization¡¦s needs by providing the appropriate path to effectively reaching your goals. Strategy formulation is a combination of research and data analysis, analytical investigative techniques, report writing and personnel management. For some individuals, the idea of developing strategies may be a little overwhelming, but it can be a fun and invigorating process. As professionals we can key select key objectives and appropriate targets, such as people, organizations and laws. Review your resources by understanding your allies and opponents, deciding which tools and tactics to use and the proper time to use them, and monitoring and assessing the results in order to plan for the next step. Our firm specializes in the following:
Ï examining the organization's critical issues
How to Cite this Page
"Analysis Of Business Specialties." 123HelpMe.com. 08 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Virtual Organization Business Analysis In the business world today, businesses are established and created as the demand for their particular specialty increases. The demand for these specialties can come from a multitude of influences. These influences include economic, government, and legal. There are five particular businesses that were established due to the influences talked about earlier. I will talk about each of these businesses, what key economic, government, and legal influences impacted each of the businesses, and my opinion on which company influences had the greatest impact on them.... [tags: Business Analysis]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is to summarize a service that will create opportunities to enhance patient care. This will be accomplished by identifying a justifying the need and rationale for its service, its potential effect on patient care, and the way it will positively impact revenue. Next I will identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats when implementing this mini project plan; an “environmental scan” or SWOT analysis. Finally I will provide a mission statement for the new service and describe how this service aligns with the organization’s mission statement and strategic plan.... [tags: Business Management ]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- ... John Hopkins Hospital (Mason medical archives 2010). This hospital happens to be the first amongst a few in the United States that admitted first women into Medical school, first hospital to use rubber gloves during surgery, the first in the country to develop renal dialysis and CPR centers What drives demand of the John Hopkins Hospital. Since the establishment of John Hopkins Hospital in 1889, many research and clinical findings have been brought forth as a result of the efforts made by the team of committed researchers, physicians, and staff of this hospital.... [tags: business and operations analysis]
1996 words (5.7 pages)
- Checkers Business Plan Organization and Mission Checkers®/Rally’s® is the nation’s largest chain of double drive-thru restaurants. With two drive-thru lanes and a walk-up window at our more than 800 locations, we are ideally positioned for today’s on-the-go guest. Known for our full-flavored, hand seasoned burgers, thick shakes and famous fries, Checkers/Rally’s provides the great tasting, fresh food with the robust flavors you crave – making our brand slogan, “little place. BIG TASTESM,” undeniable.... [tags: Business Analysis]
2308 words (6.6 pages)
- Assessment Banner Medical Group (BMG) was created in 2009 and is a large multi-specialty physician health clinic, owned and operated by Banner Health, an integrated delivery healthcare system. BMG employs over 1,000 physicians in more than 40 specialties and sub-specialties and approximately 3,000 employees. The system is led by a Chief Executive Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Human Resource Officer. Clinics are located in 3 regions: Arizona East, Arizona West and Western Region (including clinics in Alaska, California, Nevada, Colorado, Wyoming and Nebraska).... [tags: Business]
1961 words (5.6 pages)
- Executive Summary Sonic is the largest drive-in chain in the United States. Under the slogan "America's Drive-In," a Sonic features fast service by roller-skating carhops and unique menu items that cannot be found at McDonalds, Burger King, or Wendys. Sonic restaurants operate in 27 states so it is smaller than leading fast food chains however it is still a significant competitor. Founded by Troy Smith and Charlie Pappe in 1953, Sonic went from a single root beer stand to a popular franchise.... [tags: Business Analysis Sonic Management]
1980 words (5.7 pages)
- XYZ Construction Inc. is headquartered in Denver, Colorado; the company has 16 field offices spread throughout 11 States. There are 2,300 year round employees with a surge of 4,500 employees during the peak construction periods. XYZ Construction Inc. began in the late 1950’s as a privately owned family business. Recently, the family would like to move the company into the public sector within a 12 month period. XYZ Construction, Inc. performs horizontal construction with specialties in: Roads Bridges Airfields (Klinger, 2012).... [tags: Ethics, Business ethics, Ethical code]
1577 words (4.5 pages)
- VTB's operational capabilities To maintain a competitive advantage, VTB needs to build their business model keeping 5 strategic pillars in mind in order to achieve a high-performance company – Leadership, Innovation, Information Technology, Organizational excellence and agility and Knowledge. The Vermont management team grasped this concept in the initial stages of their development, but did not continue to embrace these pillars to ensure on-going success. VBT has most of their operational capabilities and strengths in the IT field as their business model is heavily based on IT.... [tags: business model, high-performance]
1637 words (4.7 pages)
- InterClean Human Capital InterClean is a very profitable monster that, if can create the products and services that its clients need, could be at the top place in the market. The company is facing the problem that clients need more effectives in the results of the cleanings, it is because of the previously said that they have to focus on that maintain the cleaned area save for those who use it. The most subtle to this situation are health care industry; they need to follow very strict rules in order to be able to expire with the regulations assigned to this industry.... [tags: Business Analysis]
1547 words (4.4 pages)
- Coles Myer Ltd Background and Issues In 1985 G.J Coles, primarily a Melbourne-based supermarket chain, merged with Myer Ltd, an upmarket Melbourne department store, becoming Coles Myer Ltd. The merger was brought on by an expectation of significant cost savings from sharing services and overheads such as purchasing, warehousing, information technology and property. However these benefits never occurred. Coles Myer was burdened with poor management, bad strategic decisions, and internal conflict.... [tags: Business Analysis Management]
1812 words (5.2 pages)
Ï analyzing opportunities to synthesize the situation
Ï exploring and choosing the best approaches for the organization.
One effective method of strategy generation is to list critical issues and or organizational strengths into what we call strength, weakness, opportunity, threat analysis (SWOT). Our firm refers to this tool as a strategy of development. Our firm has had great success with the SWOT along with the different elements and extensive research and data analysis that we collect. Based on the gathered information, we can examine potential problems in a company as well as provide the forecast growth and necessary improvement of your company.
At some point in time, nearly any company can come face to face with a crisis situation which involves communication or in many instances, miscommunication. In some cases this could be rumor control and/or response, negative press or even breakdowns in crisis communication response. Whatever the situation, even the smallest of communication crisis can overwhelm even the strongest of companies.
This is where Achieve would involve its winning crisis communication team in to keep the confidence and trust of key factors (media, employees, management, shareholders, stakeholders, suppliers, etc.) when things suddenly happen to go array, Achieve is about developing strategic plans of action, communication counseling and training in communications with key personnel so that each company can anticipate and respond quickly and efficiently in the face of a crisis situation. We will also address risk assessment, crisis management plan development and personnel awareness training development. Achieve would also identify who is impacted by the decision, which are the decision makers and identify what knowledge or expertise is needed to make a decision. Identify what information or resources currently exist to help with the decision-making process. The expertise of the team members are skillful to accommodate any type of problem or issue that may arise. Once the problem or issue is assigned scheduling of all required resources are executed. Achieve understanding of the different processes and implementing sound critical thinking elements, such as clarity, precision and accuracy will virtually assure flawless execution.
The need for this type of consulting firms is basically practical methods. It is designed to ensure that the results of the action are well developing for the organization client or customers in the organization. It has to do with the clients financial expectations the operational capability, the strategic interest and the long term shareholder interests. The need for use of a strategic firm to a business is the success of avoiding of risk, communication, a measurement that is able to determine if the needs have been met. The strategic firm¡¦s management time and effort is important to the success of the organization.
The needs of consulting firm are improvement of consulting and best practices in supply chain and the individual service for each individual client. These are also some of the needs for the strategy consulting firm. The strategy firm needs to be responsible for its unique market solution as well as analyzing of macro trends, the product that is offered and the business model and clients. Those are the types of need for the strategy consulting firms.
As Achieve prepares to undertake the formulation of a strategic consulting firm we focus on the skills we possess, the skills we must acquire, and the services we will provide for our clients. Achieve is made up of five professionals with strong, varied professional skills. This enables us to apply these skills to all industries and develop appropriate strategies for our clients. According to the Management Consultancies (2006) website; companies hire consultants to provide them with skills they do not possess. Achieves members possess a diversified skill set that would please any client.
Harvard Business School Website, (2006). Strategy: Introduction. Information retrieved on
November 23, 2006 from http://www.exed.hbs.edu/programs/sbsca/
Management Consultancies Association website, (2006). Why use consultants. Retrieved
November 12, 2006 from http://www.mca.org.uk/MCA/Consultancies/HowTo.aspx