Analysis for MHM business Strategies using Management Tools
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Companies use market entry strategies to expand their business in new markets. This research paper aims at analyzing the market entry strategies. External environment and internal environment analysis plays a key role in developing a market entry strategy. Mergers and acquisitions, establishing a wholly owned subsidiary, joint venture, strategic alliance, franchising etc. form the common forms of market entry.
MHM is regarded as one of the leading suppliers of Electrical parts in Qatar founded in 1972. It has diversified into the fields of electrical contracting, MEP Contracting, Manufacturing of Switchgear, and low voltage electrical parts trading. It has the capability of handling huge projects with least assistance. The objective of the firm is to support the Electric
als industry of Qatar with quality parts and technical expertise at a competitive price. The market dynamics of Qatar has been highly influenced by the rapid globalization and changed economic conditions. It has resulted in a highly complex marketplace. The company has been continuously meeting the increased demand for electrical equipments and parts with its comprehensive products and competitive prices. For the past 30+ years MHM main focus was in low current electrics business and never entered into different field of business since then.
MHM management sensed an opportunity in the market for fire Alarm and fire fighting installation and trading business. New law was established in Qatar required all real estate owners to upgrade their fire fighting system to meet the American standards (NFPA).
Very few fire fighting companies working in ...
... middle of paper ...
...ustry characteristics and the industry is analyzed in each dimension. The interpretation of the five forces model is that the stronger the forces less attractive is the industry and vice versa.
Michael porter’s model had great influence in the economic model age with market structure but in the current technology driven internet economy this model has become irrelevant. The emergence of multinational companies, dot com companies and global companies has changed the economic model and the contribution of the companies to nation’s economy is no longer valid (Meyer, K. E., Estrin, S., Bhaumik, S. K., & Peng, M. W, 2009). In the current information economy, globalization, digitalization and deregulation play the major role and in these Porter’s model cannot be applied.
3.2 Strategy Analysis; Internal Capability
3.2.1 MOST Analysis
3.2.2 Boston Box Analysis
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The paper below responds to the following three prompts: 1. “The six forces model of strategy helps firms develop externally coherent business strategies”. Discuss applying the model to real cases. 2. Explain strategic posture and how it helps firms make strategy in uncertain business environments. 3. Evaluate the role of mergers and acquisitions in corporate strategy. 1. “The six forces model of strategy helps firms develop externally coherent business strategies”. Discuss applying the model to real cases.... [tags: Business Development Strategies]
3088 words (8.8 pages)
- 1.1 Introduction Growth strategy is the organisation formulating their plan to accomplish their objectives and goals to grow in revenue and size of the business. However according to (Bridge, O’Neill and Cromie 2003), she defines growth strategy as a “...the movement of the business into bigger premises, taking on more staff, significant increases of turnover, taking on a new product line or lines, buying another business, and so on” Growth Strategies are important for businesses as they allow the business to move in a formal direction.... [tags: business, work ethics, ]
1632 words (4.7 pages)
- Starbucks' Business Strategies 1. What are the key elements of Starbucks. strategy as of 2004. The key elements of Starbuck?s strategy were as follows: a. Grow the business by constantly adding more stores around the world: The Company has had tremendous success in opening stores around the world. It has applied its global strategy effectively and has enjoyed increase in sales from global operations. b. Store design, planning and construction are also part of the strategy. The company began to create its own in house architects and designers to design Starbucks locations.... [tags: Starbucks Business Strategies Marketing Essays]
998 words (2.9 pages)
- In today’s marketing world, every small business seeks to stand out among a myriad of competitors. Because United States consumers have so many choices, businesses who fail to differentiate themselves from the competition struggle to survive. However, an effective differentiating strategy can help a small business not only to live, but also to thrive in the marketplace. Marketing experts Jack Trout and Steven Rivkin combine their genius to describe practical concepts on business differentiation.... [tags: Business, Marketing]
1692 words (4.8 pages)
- Business and Economic Strategies in Taiwan, from 1970s to Present Taiwan has grown over the last half century from a poverty stricken nation to an economically-stable country and this has seriously caught the attention of some developed western countries. The country has had one of the largest populations lavishing in poverty over the years but through hard work from its people as well as the government’s commitment, its economy boasts as one of the fastest growing not only in Asia, but also globally.... [tags: Government, Politics, International Business]
1553 words (4.4 pages)
- Question 2 Business level strategies are also referred to as Generic Strategies. Identify and discuss these Generic Strategies and how firms can use these to create a competitive advantage. Porters Generic Strategies Everyone wants a competitive advantage in this world. A competitive advantage is like a golden ticket to wealth and riches, to a world where your company rules. If one’s organisation is on the higher ground it is always perceived as an advantage over the competition. But that’s just fiction.... [tags: Cost, Analysis]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- The World is changing. Any time, any day, we are witnesses of the global crisis and its effects. This global phenomenon has caused people to be more and more selective, therefore the competition inside each market is higher than ever. Companies need to diversify themselves in order to face the crisis and win over their competitors. One of the instruments they might use is communication. The aim of this essay is to demonstrate that an effective communication and awareness of discourse can contribute to the success of a company, both in terms of sales and in terms of internal relationship with its employees.... [tags: International Business]
1595 words (4.6 pages)
- ... As with broad market strategies it is still vital for companies to decide whether they will pursue low Cost or Differentiation focus. When they have selected a Focus strategy as their main approach the key to making a success of a generic Focus strategy is to ensure that you are adding something extra to the market. The "something extra" that a company could add can contribute to reducing costs (perhaps through their knowledge of specialist suppliers) or to increasing differentiation (though understanding of consumer' needs).... [tags: Alphabet Games]
2251 words (6.4 pages)
- Marketing businesses, products and services has become much more complex with the introduction of the internet. In this paper I will attempt to describe the effect of e-business on marketing strategies today, as well as describe the e-business marketing strategies utilized by Kmart, Inc. The internet is an enormous environment that is advancing and developing at a very erratic pace, and only companies able to adapt will survive. The World Wide Web provides a medium that breaks through geographical boundaries, allows the customer much more control, and has no time restrictions as it is always “open”.... [tags: K-mart business on Internet]
569 words (1.6 pages)
- Firstly, new technology beening a strong growing part of economics in recent years all around the world. Technology progress is the world economic development prime motors. The advance in technology not only naturally has provided the advantageous method for the transformation, also changed various countries' strength contrast. The government more value the important of new technology. Every new technology created a number of rich people. Those few people know what most of people don’t know, that’s why they can make money.... [tags: Business Management Strategy]
1619 words (4.6 pages)