As one of popular ground transportation in Jabodetabek (Jakarta, Bogor, Depok Tangerang and Bekasi) area, commuter and city train network face complex improvements in consequence of technical-operation problems, economic changes, political situation, social issues, and chronical matters of capital city itself (Muthohar and Sumi 2010). Ministry of Transportation of Indonesia pay particular attention for commuter and city train sector seen from the percentage of overall budget, around 33% allocated for development of this sector (Haraguchi 2010). Therefore, several policy related with contracts transformation of railway network has occured during the time. For further, the emergence of Law Number 23/2007 give a chance and boost competitive environment among local municipality, state-owned enterprises, and private company to undertake better service quality in future, at one blow end the monopoly era of PT KAI for many years (Lubis and Nurullah 2007).
Meanwhile, during the transition time of Law Number 23/2007, PT KAI execute some improvement as responsiveness action for those case. PT KAI Commuter Jabodetabek arise in September, 15th 2008 as state owned enterprise, take over controlling authority and maintenance function of PT KAI as commuter service provider previously (Commuter Line 2012). Thus, bring out several relational changes intern organization of PT KAI Commuter Jabodetabek under contract to Ministry of Transportation in the capacity of government in subsidize case, particularly in contract form (Muthohar et al. 2010). Not rule out the possibility in case if private companies already interested play part on this business relationship, government may renew and govern the contracts by public tendering and procu...
... middle of paper ...
...l's Contract Theory to New Directions in Handling plurality of relationship forms in networks: from clans to clubs, from cliques to communities theoretical and managerial perspectives : the 25th IMP conference [at] Euromed Management Thursday 3rd September - Saturday 5th September 2009 Marseilles, France.
The State Secretary. (1998) Government Regulation No. 19/1998 on Institutional change
from state own company to limited company of national railway.
The State Secretary. (1999) The joint decree Surat Keputusan Bersama (SKB) of 3 ministers of Minister of Transport, Minister of Financial, and State Minister of National Development Planning Agency (BAPPENAS) concerning Public Service Obligation (PSO), Infrastructure Maintenance and Operation (IMO), and Track Access Charges (TAC), Jakarta, Indonesia.
The State Secretary. (2003) Law Number 19/2003 on Railways
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Public Relations "Public relations is the management function that identifies, establishes and maintains mutually beneficial relationships between an organisation and the various publics on whom its success or failure depends" - Scott Cutlip Public relations, byname PR, is an aspect of communications involving the relations between an entity subject, to, or seeking public attention of the various publics that are, or may be interested in it. The entity seeking attention may be a business corporation, an individual politician, a performer or author, a government or government agency, a charitable organisation, a religious body, or almost any other person or organisation.... [tags: Papers]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- This reflection paper examines leadership within the public organization, providing some practical examples of leaders managerial responsibilities, and discuss some theories on good leadership. It also discussed some leadership power and the importance of effective communication in coordinating employees in the organization. In any organization, a leader has to carry out the functions of planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, controlling, and implementing the work plan, in order to be successful for any particular task (Holzer and Schwester, 2011).... [tags: Leadership, Management]
1359 words (3.9 pages)
- Arguing Secrets within The Blacklist play a huge role given the audience a sense of urgency. Although to some the show is to be just a form of entertainment, but there are others who believe that The Blacklist is a construction or the “Spectacle” ,as Guy Debord would phrase it, in which the ruling class uses spectacles to deceive the public of things that are really in effect in congress to maintain the status quo. The Blacklist shows a lot of gender stereotyping for example, Red is the main character, but has a female “side kick” which is broadcasted to be Red’s daughter Liz.... [tags: TV Show Analysis]
1945 words (5.6 pages)
- Representative Bureaucracy is a theory examining the internal relationship within a bureaucratic system. A representation from a broader group of people might result in policy-making decision help reconcile the problems of under-representativeness. Representative bureaucracy contributes to resolving the social conflicts, and also to improve internal democracy. This paper will attempt to accomplish three tasks, 1) engaging in a brief overview on Representative Bureaucracy and discussion of the theory both in the passive representation and the active representation; 2) examines principal-agent theory that contributes to the understanding in representative bureaucracy in different views, and 3)... [tags: Public administration, Government]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- 1) What is Conflict at hand, and what is your position on it. In my function as the European and Asian Treasurer I am responsible, among other things, for managing company’s banking relationships, cash investments and foreign currency exchange (FX) risks (mainly by hedging activities with partner banks). One of my co-workers based in France, and partially in Luxembourg, has been developing some of these functions initially and when the company’s European presence was getting bigger, more focused approach for these activities became warranted and even necessary.... [tags: questions and answers]
2175 words (6.2 pages)
- When interpreting characters in novels readers perceive characters by the impressions the author provides to writers. In the novels Within A Budding Grove by Marcel Proust and The Trial by Franz Kafka the characters Albertine and Josef K. can be looked at in many different perspectives. Proust portrays Albertine to be a multifaceted, unpredictable character but when taking a step away from the narrator’s thoughts she can be seem in a completely different light. Kafka’s main character Josef K.... [tags: Within A Budding Grove Essays]
2023 words (5.8 pages)
- Violence has plagued many families throughout history and continues in today’s society. As discussed in class, 1 in 5 women and 1 in 7 men are victims of physical harm by an intimate partner in their lifetime. There are two types of intimate partner violence: situational couple violence and intimate terrorism- which is more severe and persistent (Cherlin 2009). In the case of child abuse, there are various possible perpetrators which include parents, siblings, and caregivers. As discussed in class, several factors influence the likelihood of an occurrence of violence within a family, including social isolation, the community’s acceptance of violence, major family transitions, economic depend... [tags: Domestic violence, Child abuse]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- In Michael Moore’s “Idiot Nation,” the harsh reality behind American education remains quite evident in “the knowledge (students) acquire in school is not going to serve them throughout their lifetimes. Many of them will have four to five careers in a lifetime. It will be their ability to navigate information that will matter” (Moore 141). According to Moore, American education today by no means prepares students for the real world of work. In fact, he infers that students must acquire the acute skill of navigating through information that will guide them into their future careers.... [tags: decline in American education]
1397 words (4 pages)
- In today’s times, athletics are rapidly changing not only on the court but off of it as well. Athletes spend immense amount of hours with their coaches, which causes the question whether athletes should have close relationships with their coaches to arise. Many people believe coaches and athletes should not have close relationships due to the chances of inappropriate conduct to take place between the two. But others feel coaches and athletes should have close relationships because of the knowledge the coach has to offer not only about the game but also life.... [tags: Athletics, Coaches, Relationships, Sports]
1417 words (4 pages)
- Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it, nothing can succeed. - Abraham Lincoln - "Fundamentally, public relation is relations with publics." (Public Relations Writing, 2000, p.10) The publics can be any group of people that shares a common interest. Through communication in different ways organizations want to establish, develop and maintain a positive relationship with different groups. This is just a basic definition of public relation but in fact it is much more challenging to really define and practice public relations.... [tags: Business PR Public Relations]
1308 words (3.7 pages)