During my undergraduate studies, I was exposed to several interesting yet challenging issues of Mechanical Engineering. The varied mechanical engineering courses have implanted a lot of enthusiasm in me. I have been introduced to several topics ranging from Fluid Dynamics, Manufacturing Technology, and Metrology to Computer-Aided Design and Manufacturing. Out of my strong conviction that knowledge of computers is a prerequisite in today’s research, I’ve gained a special predilection towards Computer-Aided Design. This opened up a realm of possibilities in the field of Finite Element Analysis that I never imagined in my life. These courses have helped me build a strong foundation in mechanical engineering and laid the necessary groundwork to pursue graduate studies. Right from the second year, I was preparing myself by working towards gaining knowledge in depth rather than only fo...
... middle of paper ...
...e because of the flexibility incorporated in its learning system and the practical approach towards concepts. Browsing through the information brochure and the university home page I feel that the graduate study at your university holds a lot of promise to me. It would also help me learn global standards in this field, which I consider would be beneficial to make a justified contribution to the field of Mechanical Engineering.
I would be honored if given a research or teaching assistantship because in addition to easing the financial burden on me, I’d be able to gain extra knowledge and experience working closely with a highly skilled professor. I look forward to a challenging research oriented career in an industry and I’m confident that if given a chance, I shall strive to live up to the expectations.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express myself.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I am applying for a Masters in Mechanical Engineering with a concentration in Solid Mechanics to expand on my study of and experience with materials. I have thoroughly enjoyed studying Materials Science and Engineering as an undergraduate at UCLA. I now look forward to moving into graduate study in a field of engineering with a related, but different perspective. Materials Science and Engineering has allowed me to explore both materials and other fields within engineering, contributing to my strong interest in combining my study of Materials Science and Engineering with Mechanical Engineering.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Everyone wants to be something from a doctor to a stylist, I want to be a mechanical engineer. This is something I have always wanted to do in my life, the opportunities that exist in this field can lead to anything. Mechanical engineers are able to do many tasks in the job environment from designing, to developing, and also building. In addition, as new companies are starting up they will need mechanical engineers to help them develop their product. All of the engineering fields have great pay, that is able to support my family and also my parents.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- Mechanical Engineering Mechanical engineering is seen as a broad level of engineering. There are several different ideas that could be addressed in this profession. For example, mechanical engineers have many responsibilities, some of which include developing processes and products, and testing designs. Engineering is its own branch of science and technology that concerns the designing, building, and usage of engines, machines, and other structures. Mechanical engineering focuses more on the machines.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Steam engine]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest and most diverse engineering field in existence. It has a long history, as it first came about during the Roman Empire. There were inventions prior to this that could be considered major feats in the mechanical engineering field also, but mechanical engineering didn’t always have the name it has today. The fact of the matter is that mechanical engineering has always been in existence and it always will be. Mechanical engineering has been around ever since man started making tools; although, the first mechanical engineering degree was not awarded until 1878.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- Mechanical Engineering The Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology defines Engineering as, “ the profession in which knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to utilize, economically, the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind. “(ABET). An Engineer in my own words would be someone that is a problem solver and enjoys finding ways to improve imperfect designs. Examining closer at the specific discipline of Mechanical Engineering I have found the specific fields of study many Mech.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- Dreams Do you remember what it felt like to be a teen and wonder what your future would become. That is right where I am at. As a freshman in high school, I have begun thinking about what my future in life will be. Which school, what career path, and where. All of these options are very overwhelming. At the moment, I would like to follow the path of engineering, manufacturing, and technology, and pursue college degrees in computer science and mechanical engineering. In order to achieve my dream, I can use background career knowledge, ACT test requirements, and habits designed to help you get to where you want to go.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Proactive]
2578 words (7.4 pages)
- Search Story It took me a while to finally realize what I wanted to do for my project. It took me sometime but I finally realize that cars have always been my life. For this very reason is why I choose to go with something that involve cars. Mechanical Engineering stood out to me because it involves the creation of the cars. The way the engine works is due to Mechanical Engineers, without engineers like them we would be lost. I choose Mechanical Engineering because I already have some knowledge when it comes to cars.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1241 words (3.5 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE I am at the determining stage wherein I have to decide what I would be doing to make better my walk of life. I have a great urge towards pragmatic industrial work environment and therefore I wish to pursue graduation study. I pen down this statement of purpose to describe my educational background and career objectives that motivated me to pursue under graduate in Mechanical Engineering. Right from the age of 6years i.e.... [tags: statement of purpose, career choices]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- One of the happiest moments in my life was when I cleared my engineering entrance test, and got an admit at PES Institute of technology for Bachelor’s in Mechanical. Having been part of this institution has given me a strong foundation in Core Mechanical subjects such as Dynamics and Kinematics of Machines, Solid and Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Manufacturing Sciences and Vibrations. It was my dream to be a mechanical engineer since the time I experimented with a Simple Pendulum in my high school Physics lab.... [tags: machines, science, dream, school]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- Electro-mechanical Engineering One of the quickest growing types of jobs is engineering. With the world progressing the way it is we need more engineers to come up with new, environmentally friendly products. Our world won’t be able to hold human life as we know it forever so humans need to come up with a more efficient way of living. Taking an issue one part at a time and eventually making our world better, healthier and more pleasant is the goal of this profession. More engineers are needed than ever before because it is getting harder to come up with new and more efficient products that consumers want.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1284 words (3.7 pages)
- The Imperial Period in Japan
- The Confrontation of Familiar and Alien in Blade Runner Directed by Ridley Scott
- Statement of Purpose for a Masters in Management
- A Treatment Plan for a 21 Year Old Male With Schizophrenia
- Statement of Purpose for a Masters in Computer Science
- The Fight for Gay Marriage Rights