The purpose or intent of this session was to attend a care plan meeting with the facility charge nurse, the hospice nurse, social worker, and family member to voice concerns about the treatment that the current client is experience while in their care; while also providing caregiver support to the client’s granddaughter. The client has expressed to her granddaughter that she feels mistreated because the staff is not allowing her to get out of the bed or take her to the restroom. The staff has now begin to put briefs on the client so that she is able to use the bathroom in bed; the client also, told her granddaughter that one of the a certified nursing assistant inform her that she needed to urinate in the brief twice before they will change her.
As previous stated are the problems that the client has voice to her caregiver, initially when the student social worker visited with this client two weeks ago everything seemed to be going well. The client’s bed was well-mannered and the client was groomed very well. Overall, the environment appeared to be pleasant but as a student social worker and conversing with the client I quickly lear...
... middle of paper ...
...ractices. As previous stated she lost about 30 pounds within months also she went to see a neurologist because she is concerned about her health. I informed her that she has to take at least an hour to focus on herself and not worry about her grandmother.
For my next visit, the granddaughter and I discuss that I would come to visit with her grandmother Tuesday afternoon. With this suggestion it will allow rapport to build between the student social worker and the client’s granddaughter. Although, I didn’t get to sit in on the care plan meeting the social worker suggested that after meeting with her grandmother on Tuesday’s I could call her to see if she would like for me to follow up with her after each visit. By doing so; it will allow her to relax at least through her work day so that her job performance will not be affected due to worrying about her grandmother.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Critical Reflection In this reflective assignment, I am going to be discussing a critical incident encountered in practice early 2015. My second point will focus on reflection; define reflection, types of reflection used and why it is important to reflect in practice. I will apply Driscoll model of reflection. (Driscoll, 2007 cited in Nunn, 2012). Under critical incident, I will define and explain our feelings during the time of incident and what was implemented after the incident. Martin (2014) defines critical incident as an event or episode that deviates from the expected or desired cause and could have potentially negative effects for patients care and safety.... [tags: Nonverbal communication, Communication]
1740 words (5 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction The UK general election will take place on 7th of September 2015. Therefore most of the parties are preparing their strategies. The Labour party is experiencing some difficulties and that being the case they need a suitable campaign, so they can reach a wider audience and show there is something new and innovative, which is worth the time or the voters. The big challenge is to change the way parties communicate and for that reason some techniques and tactics, mainly using social media platforms, are proposed, targeting the young voters, aged 16-22.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Web 2.0, Labour Party]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- Pope Francis ' speech to Congress on September 25th 2015 was remarkable in many ways. It was an historically significant because for the first time a Pope was invited to address the United States Congress. Pope Francis is the Vicar of Rome, the head of the Roman Catholic Church, a priest and a Bishop. When he stood before the assembly he was flanked by two prominent American Catholics, Vice President Joe Biden and Speaker of the House John Boehner. However, Pope Francis was not there to speak only to the Catholic members of the audience, his message was universal and encompassing for all.... [tags: Catholic Church, Pope John Paul II, Pope]
2083 words (6 pages)
- Eventually The day was February 3, 2015. I was getting ready to go to sleep but first, I had to set the alarm for my 8:30am class. I looked down at my phone and noticed that I had a missed call from my dad. I found it extremely unusual because he only calls me maybe once a week and I had just called him the other day to remind him to deposit more money into my bank account. Surprised, I called him back immediately. “Hello. Why’d you call?” I asked. “I don’t want you to worry too much but your grandma was just diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease,” my dad said.... [tags: Family, Interpersonal relationship, Thought]
1925 words (5.5 pages)
- On April 4, 2015 incident occurred that questioned if our officers really following their sworn oath. Officer Michael Slager stopped Scott Walker for non-functioning brake light, which is a minor traffic violation. According to Slager dash camera it shows him approaching Scott car, speaking and returning to his patrol car. Scott exits his car and fled the scene then Slager chased him on foot. According to An eyewitness to the shooting, Feidin Santana, recorded video of the incident on his phone.... [tags: Police brutality, Police, Police officer]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- ntroduction With companies receiving enormous fines for fraud due to unreliable and inconsistent financial statements. It is imperative to follow the conceptual framework created in September 2010, and underlying accounting principles. This report will question and justify any International Accounting Standards (IAS’s) used in the adjustments undertaken. Maximise Plc, a manufacturer and retailer of photographic equipment finalising its financial statements for the year end. The purpose of this report is to analyze Maximise Plc’s finances up to the date of the 30th September 2015, relating any adjustments to the fundamental and enhancing characteristics of conceptual framework and underlying... [tags: Balance sheet, Depreciation, Asset]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- September 11, 2001 (9/11) will always remain in the minds and hearts of all people in the United States. This date brought fear to this country but it also brought hope and a bond that will never be broken for the citizens of this great nation. The extremist group, Al Qaeda, committed a heinous crime against this nation by taking control over four airliners to carry out an attack on this nation. For the most part, they succeeded in carrying out their suicide mission but, they did not destroy us.... [tags: Al-Qaeda, Osama bin Laden, September 11 attacks]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- System Overview The Lake County Library System consists of an administrative office located in Tavares, nine member libraries, and six branch libraries. Member libraries include: Fruitland Park Library; Helen Lehmann Memorial Library in Montverde; Lady Lake Public Library; Leesburg Public Library; Marianne Beck Memorial Library in Howey-in-the-Hills; Minneola Schoolhouse Library; City of Tavares Public Library; Umatilla Public Library; and the W.T. Bland Public Library in Mount Dora. Branch libraries include: Astor County Library; Cagan Crossings Community Library in the Four Corners area; Cooper Memorial Library in Clermont; East Lake County Library in Sorrento; Marion Baysinger Memorial C... [tags: System Overview]
1892 words (5.4 pages)
- Relocation is always an exciting experience and a challenge to the people who have no knowledge about the deployed country. Therefore, we are happy to provide any assistance for your upcoming journey. This article is aim to provide information of Singapore to help you gain your knowledge before your arrival. It includes brief introduction and some suggestions. We hope you may find it useful. History Singapore, strategically situated at the Southern tip of the Malayan Peninsula, between Malaysia and Indonesia, is an island city state with 714 sq km.... [tags: Country Overview, Geography]
1774 words (5.1 pages)
- Issues Encountered in Growing Churches Willow Creek Community Church And New Hope Missionary Baptist Church Overview Willow Creek Community Church The case studies on Willow Creek discussed several issues that were addressed by the leadership. Those issues included burnout of the leadership, overloaded ministries, and the need to expand the buildings for a growing membership. Willow Creek tackled the leadership burnout issue by sharing the teaching duties among several teaching pastors. The explosive growth of the church brought about additional issues such as overloaded ministries and a need for more physical space.... [tags: Analysis Organization Church Function]
1648 words (4.7 pages)
- The Impact Of Culture On An Organization
- Cultural Controversy Over Kylie Jenner And Her Appropriation Of Black White Culture
- Swot Analysis : Pinterest Is An Online Bulletin Board
- Women During The Revolutionary Era
- Should The Human Papillomavirus ( Hpv ) Vaccine Be Mandatory For Early Adolescent Girls?
- The Adventure Of The Speckled Band By Arthur Conan Doyle