Direct response marketing is a marketing effort aimed at driving immediate action from specific action from the targeted audience. Such action could be an opt-in mail, calling to a provided phone number, clicking a link or buy the suggested product. It differs from mass market which simply reminds prospective customers of the existence of products and services for them to purchase. It runs on the idea that the more times clients see a particular ad, the more they are likely to buy. Direct response marketing on the other hand, targets a particular segment in the market and attempts to move the clients to act immediately
Characteristics of direct response marketing.
• Targets specific niche or audience; Direct response marketing looks for prospects within specific zones, verticals or niche marketing. It is meant to appeal to a narrow segment in the overall market.
• There is a specific offer that is made; There is a specific value added offer that is made. Most of the times, nothing is sold. However, the marketing effort aims at getting the prospect to action. E.g. request a free sample.
• The results can be tracked. Prospect response from the marketing effort can be tracked. It is easy to tell which of the marketing efforts generated customer action. In contrast, it is not possible to know what ad generated customer action in mass marketing.
• It is possible to measure results; In direct response marketing, it is possible to know how much in terms of sales or response that the marketing effort generated. It becomes easier to drop the marketing effort that does not give the expected response.
• There is a compelling message; There is a strong message that is passed to the prospective clients to elicit interest and action. There is ...
... middle of paper ...
...to explain their offers to individual customers. This method has a quick response from the prospects.
4. Coupon codes
These are discount offers to clients when they visit the directed store with the coupon number. Coupons can be put in print media or digital. They offer substantial savings when customers buy with the codes within some given time.
When well executed, direct response marketing is both beneficial to the customers and the marketers. Client will have their problems solved within a short period of time and at a discount. To the marketers, direct response marketing is not only affordable but highly effective in delivering the expected results. It can be varied depending on the feedback it generates from the clients. It is just like making money at a discount. It involves putting in little cash into marketing and reaping in big profits from the effort.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Company Overview NextCard was an internet-based provider of consumer credit founded in 1996 with a mission to revolutionize the credit card industry with its online application and approval process. Their product, NextCard Visa, was promoted as the "First True Internet Visa" and was marketed exclusively through the company website. The NextCard Visa could be used for both online and offline purchases and offered product and service enhancements specifically designed for the internet enabled consumer.... [tags: Business Marketing Analysis]
1790 words (5.1 pages)
- Direct mail marketing is also referred to as direct response advertising. This is because it allows businesses and other organizations to communicate straight to customers using techniques like text messaging, interactive websites, display ads online, email campaigns, flyers, catalogs, letters, television commercials, outdoor ads, and newspaper and magazine ads that normally generate response. There are quite a few characteristics that determine direct marketing. First, generating a database that often contains other information that may be relevant from business to business is used in developing the database of target-marketed businesses.... [tags: Direct Response Advertising, Firm Strategy]
2192 words (6.3 pages)
- Industry Overview: There are an estimated 12,100 spas throughout the United States. In the U.S. the largest spa category, accounting for seven of every ten spas, is day spa. Resort and hotel spas are the second largest, with club spas, medical spas, mineral spring spas and destination spas respectively trailing. Geographically speaking, the distribution of spas in the U.S. generally parallels that of the population distributions with the largest region being the North East. According to the ISPA (The International SPA Association) in 2003 there were approximately 136 million spa visits made in the U.S.... [tags: essays research papers]
1316 words (3.8 pages)
- Top 5 Concerns Making Every Social Media Marketer Bang Their Heads on the Table What if you could just read the minds of social media marketers to discover where they stand when it comes to promoting their brands or products across social media platform. How helpful would it be to perceive how your competitors are handling social media platforms, their time commitment, and measurement. Well, social media marketing is like a blessing in disguise. But, having little knowledge could shatter your marketing strategies into pieces.... [tags: Social media, Marketing]
1529 words (4.4 pages)
- Corporate Marketing Communication Overview Although corporate marketing appears to be narrow-minded, its effects go far beyond the consumer; often times it is directed toward multiple stakeholders and used to influence decision-making (Bellow, 2012). A stakeholder can be an employee, a shareholder, a supplier, even a regulator; they are usually identified by one of three relational attributes: power, legitimacy, and/or urgency (Hult, Mena, Ferrell, & Ferrell, 2011). Corporate communication creates commitment between the stakeholders and the company.... [tags: Marketing, Television, Reality television]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Direct marketing The definition of DM is very complicated but it is simply selling a product or service via direct advertising sent through the mail, and also via several Internet promotion methods. The direct selling method enables the consumers to bypass inefficient wholesale and retail distribution systems. Women who left business in order to have children is able to do part time business, and also a very attractive career for woman reentering the work force. According to the “Direct selling Assosiation”, 1,230,000 women engaged in direct selling in 19924.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing Coursework]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- Chapter Overview This chapter explains the effectiveness of online advertising on Facebook among UCSI students. Variables that will covered in this chapter is the reaction of UCSI students after viewing online advertising, include informativeness, attractiveness, credibility, preference and intention. Before the discussion of the effectiveness of online advertising, there are some questions need to be answered. Such as what is internet. What is advertising. What is online advertising. And what is social media.... [tags: online marketing campaigns and publicity]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Reasons for moving to direct marketing and the objectives of the marketer. There are a lot of benefits the T-Mobile can get from using direct marketing and its techniques. If the direct marketing programme is in place then the opportunities of the business progressing are very high. The first objective of using direct marketing is to have customer retention and activation as well as recognising that the best way for a company to improve is by keeping its existing customers. This objective is very important.... [tags: Business and Management Studies]
1758 words (5 pages)
- Markering Introduction Steve Case founded America Online (AOL) in pre-Internet days when the networking of various computer systems was rather informal and difficult for all but the highly computer-literate to accomplish. His goal was to make accessing these networks easy enough for anyone to manage. Though AOL has changed dramatically since those days, ease of use has remained a primary consideration in all changes visible to the user. Much maligned by the more "serious" services (and their subscribers) in the past, AOL has risen to be the industry leader despite challenges and the image of being the J.R.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing BTEC Coursework]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- Direct Mail "Advertising may be described as the science of arresting the human intelligence long enough to get money from it." Stephen Leacock Philosopher extraordinaire "Really good direct mail works like picking your prospect up by the ankles and shaking him until all the money falls out of his pockets." Matthew Samp Direct Mail Copy & Graphic Design As consumers, we are often bombarded by different types of advertisements each day. Whether it’s by television, newspaper, or billboards, advertising has reached us one way or another.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing Coursework]
3088 words (8.8 pages)