The most ironic thing as an opinion about “being a woman in Iraq” is women needed to be “chaperoned” whenever they leave the house (Farzaneh, 2014). A chaperone is something a child needs to make sure they are avoiding any danger as much as possible and keeping safe. Their male guardian chaperone is always a male relative that would convoy them to complete any errands in the public, even doctor visits and also, when doing shopping trips for the household and family necessities. The government is now trying to lift the laws of restriction on women so that it will be possible for them to travel without the permission of their husbands and male relatives (Farzaneh, 2014).
This will allow them to feel some kind of self-independence being granted to leave the house alone sometimes. As a woman taking on all the household duties and including raising the kids mostly alone they do need some time to self. It is essential for every now and then to get away from everyone and meditate to self. This will help them keep their self-insane and preventing from any mentally diseases. Mental disease can be like having a nervous breakdown, a stroke or snapping out the blues hurting anyone unintentionally.
It is imperative that women are unavoidable to the amount of time with men that they are not related to. They also have to be accompanied to business places that are affiliated with males, such as grocery stores in the town (Farzaneh, 2014). Even parks, beaches, amusement parks and transportation are segregated in several parts of Iraq (Farzaneh, 2014). When they do not abide to that law and mix themselves with the company of another man it can lead to criminal charges against both the man and woman. However, the woman often face the harsher p...
... middle of paper ...
...rmal to some countries. People do not change normal routines that is pass on from generations to generations.
In Iran, Afghanistan, and Egypt women are supposed to follow behind the shadow and footprints of their husband (2016). They have no rights for anything they want to do. Everything have to be asked for permission by the husband. Even some countries allow a man to abuse the woman if they feel she was being disobedient. Sad thing about it the law does not permit any of these things from occurring. Where will these men be without a women? Women deserves the most up most respect for what all they does. The message these countries are giving younger girls is it is okay to be mistreated, have no self-esteem, no independence, feeling unworthy and treated like a property have to come to a complete end for a better society including the men and women.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Police officers are an integral part of our society, they exist to establish and maintain stability and safety for the citizens which are in their jurisdiction. However, that great responsibility does not come without a downside, when people are given power there will always be someone who will abuse it. Our law enforcement staff is no exception to this rule; in 2010 there were 4,861 reports of police misconduct in the United States (NPMSRP). Police misconduct can mean anything from fraud or theft, to sexual assault or the use of excessive force.... [tags: Media and Public Opinion]
2039 words (5.8 pages)
- Oscar Wilde's, "The Importance of Being Earnest" revolves around the dichotomy of the true definition of honesty versus the victorian definition of honesty. It is apparent that Wilde's opinion is that true honesty is expressed through being genuine to one's self as opposed to putting on a front as is important in victorian ideals. In this work, Wilde uses humor to off-set the seriousness of the theme of the story. One who has studied this work can also clearly see that Wilde is using sarcasm to say things that would not have been accepted by society if they were said bluntly.... [tags: The Importance of Being Earnest]
537 words (1.5 pages)
- Any girl could say she is a woman. It takes a strong woman to be a phenomenal woman. A phenomenal woman does not rely on others for financial, mental and social needs. A woman like this takes pride in her-self and doesn’t let anyone put her down. Throughout the times a woman strives for her independence to become her own individual in life. Phenomenal Woman, written by Maya Angelou, is a poem which is an anthem for all women’s strength in their own womanhood. (Angelou 1) The poem speaks out to us women as far as of where we are in society.... [tags: feminism, Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou, ]
565 words (1.6 pages)
- ... That might be what an opposing view would think. In that case, blue is for boys. However, no one looked at me differently for wearing what I wore. It had blue on it. As a female I am allowed to wear blue and wear guy clothes and it is seen as normal. For a male, the same situation but in opposite ways would be seen as “gay”, “weird”, “drag”, “queer”, or even “transgender”. Males do not have the privilege to wear female clothes or even like or wear pink. According to Elizabeth Armstrong, males do have the privilege, as one might say, to have causal sex with whoever they please because they are not subjected to feelings.... [tags: Gender, Sex, Female, Male]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- In Mary Wollstonecraft’s The Wrongs of Woman, or Maria and Mary Robinson’s The Natural Daughter women are subject to many hardships economically, simply because they are women. Women are not given sufficient opportunity, as men are, to pursue a living. Even if she is a woman of taste and morals, she may be treated as though she is a criminal and given no means to protect herself. In order for a woman to be sustained, she must marry into slavery, dishonor herself through unsavory work, or be lucky enough to be properly educated and given proper reference.... [tags: Woman, Wife, Maria: or, The Wrongs of Woman]
1848 words (5.3 pages)
- We are brought into a world were everyone has role that we are suppose to perform. Whether you are a man or woman there are expectation that you have to meet. In my opinion women have a lot more on their plate then men do. Women are expected to do the cooking, cleaning, taking care of their children and also maintain a job; while men are the breadwinners of the household, our handyman when needed and our protectors. Don’t get me wrong there are many of super dads out there who perform the same roles as a woman but it isn’t expected of them.... [tags: Gender, Gender role, Woman, Transgender]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- According to Merriam Webster dictionary, a double standard is a situation in which two people, groups, etc., are treated very differently from each other in a way that is unfair to one of them. For years and years there has always been an issue when it comes to double standards. Women have been given them since the beginning of time; whether it is in their relationships with the opposite sex, the household duties, or simply having an opinion. Double standards are still effective in today’s world.... [tags: Female, Woman, Gender, The Scarlet Letter]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- "As Shen Te stretches out her arms to them in desperation they disappear above, smiling and waving." (Pg. 106 "The Good Woman of Setzuan") The ending of "The Good Woman of Setzuan" leaves the readers a sensation that Shen Te was abandoned by the Gods eternally. Instead of the Gods leaving at the end of the play, they ought to stay in town for fairly longer just to assist Shen Te to resolve all the problems among her and her neighbors. It is reasonable that the Gods must teach the neighbors a lesson for using Shen Te.... [tags: The Good Woman of Setzuan]
289 words (0.8 pages)
- Opinion on Abortion My own opinion of abortion is very varied. There are so many different reasons for abortions. Every woman who has had one will have had reasons. I am sure they wouldn't have decided in a few minutes that they were going to abort their baby. They would have thought long and hard about what to do. I put myself in the position of someone else. If I got pregnant now would I really be able to keep it. I would, for one, have to stop school and miss out on the education I would need to bring up a child.... [tags: Papers]
1125 words (3.2 pages)
- Opinion on Abortion Abortion is when a foetus is expelled from its mother's womb before the pregnancy reaches full term (usually 40 weeks). The abortion act says that a woman can have an abortion if the pregnancy would put her in danger, or if the baby was so handicapped that it could not survive independently and it would have no quality of life. The act also says that these reasons for abortion are accepted whereas a woman who simply did not want another child would not be allowed to abort her pregnancy.... [tags: Papers]
1146 words (3.3 pages)