MyPlan is an online career planning and assessment tool that helps college students and professionals to identify their strengths and narrow down their career options. Found in MyPlan.com, the instrument helps users to: learn about careers and career options; assess their interests, personality, values and skills; identify what to major in; and learn about college rankings. MyPlan assessment tool has various career assessment tests including personality test, interest test, values test and skills test. Each of these tests can help students and professionals to make informed decisions about their education, careers and professional lives.
MyPlan is an easy to use instrument that requires users to create an account, log in and assess their personalities, interests, skills and values. Most of the information in the website that hosts the instrument is affordable or free. However, users have to pay a fee for some of the assessment tests. According to MyPlan.com, the fee is used to cover some of the costs and expenses of researching and developing the assessment tests. Nevertheless, the prices are relatively low and this makes it easy for people facing challenges in choosing careers, colleges and majors to access vital information regarding education and career options.
The career assessment tests that I did using MyPlan instrument include personality, interest, values and skills tests. Each of the tests provided a report with vital information about my personality, skills, values and interests.
The personality test report generated by the instrument described my personality type on the basis of principal preferences which are then translated to realistic career advice. The career p...
... middle of paper ...
...tion, it is important to seek the services of a career counselor in interpreting the instrument’s results. Career counselors are trained in career guidance and can accurately interpret and analyze the instrument’s results while considering an individual’s personality.
While using MyPlan assessment tool in career counseling, counselors need to possess the appropriate knowledge in the basic principles of the instrument, how to administer the tool, and how to interpret the results. Moreover, counselors should follow through to help clients to utilize the instrument’s results for action planning. In addition, counselors need to follow ethical guidelines while using the tool on clients. Whereas MyPlan assessment tool is excellent in helping students and professionals prioritize their career choices, proper use and interpretation of the instrument’s results is necessary.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Naviance is an all-inclusive college and career readiness program to assist secondary school students prepare for their next steps. The program is fee based; available through participating schools. Utilizing an online platform, students complete assignments to broaden their understanding of postsecondary opportunities. Students explore areas such “self-discovery, developing success skills, building a network, exploring career options, and planning for college - academically, socially, emotionally and financially” (Naviance, 2014).... [tags: Education, Higher education, Secondary education]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration This paper is an over view of my profession and future Degree in my Bachelors of Science in Health Care Administration. I would like to use my degree to work in Employment services management, and I would like to work in the hospital as well. To learn about my future career in Health Care Administration I researched different aspects of my degree. Most of the information I found was very informative. I learned about how my personality fits with my career as well I also went to the Kaplan University Career Services.... [tags: Health care, Health economics, Health informatics]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- Abstract: Title: Choosing a Career as a Project Manager. This research will summarize what a Project Manager is, and the steps explained, to complete a project, if the career that is chosen is to be a successful Project Manager. The research touches on the many qualities, and skills a person needs to learn, and possess to become a Project Manager. This report will not cover the total execution of the project. Putting together a project from start to finish is an enormous amount of work and there are steps to follow to make sure nothing is left unnoticed.... [tags: Jobs Careers]
1837 words (5.2 pages)
- It is necessary to establish an enterprise internal training mechanism and a career development system, because LFA is a social venture who earns profits by services and has a demand for a large number of skilled workers when implementing expanding strategy. Training mechanism Enterprise training is a premeditated and systematic training activity which focuses on improving working quality, ability, achievement and contribution (Lee and Pershing, 2000). In other words, the training is a systematic intellectual investment.... [tags: Employment, Human resources, Skill, Evaluation]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- Computer-Based Career Information Systems The adage "information is power" can certainly be applied to the marriage of career information with computers. In an era that is characterized by a rapidly changing employment and occupational outlook, the ability to access computerized career information has been empowering to both youth and adults (Bloch 1989; Tice and Gill 1991). Defined as "all that people need to know to make choices and take action . . . in relation to their paid or unpaid occupational activities and in relation to their preparation for these activities" (Bloch 1989, p.... [tags: Technology Internet Essays]
1769 words (5.1 pages)
- A prospective student may begin a nursing career by consulting various nursing schools. Typically, a prospective student considers some basic nursing programs, including a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), and a bridge to Registered Nurse (RN) program. The American Nurses Associations defines nursing as the act of protecting, promoting, and optimizing an individual's health, preventing sickness, disease and injuries, diagnosing and treating human ailments, and advocating patient care, including the patient's family, community, and others.... [tags: Nursing Essays]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- In the hospitalized adult patient, will the use of multifactorial fall risk assessments and management planning (Morse Fall Assessment) be more efficient in comparison to the current risk assessment (Heinrich model II) practice to prevent falls in the months of November- December in comparison to September- October. -Falls are a major health issue for older adults. One third of the population aged 65 and older will fall each year, and of those five to ten percent of falls cause serious injury. -Direct injuries result from falls and have potential long-term consequences.... [tags: Nursing, Nurse, Risk assessment]
713 words (2 pages)
- In the first four chapters of the book, Hood and Johnson examined closely the uses, nature, measurement concepts and initial and outcome assessments of psychological assessments used in Counseling Psychology. Psychological assessments are used by counselors to “identify the nature of a client’s concern and to consider possible treatment approaches” (p.3). Additionally, the assessment data derived from assessments is used by counselors for planning and evaluating programs. The assessment process is therapeutic in that it assists clients in clarifying goals and gives them a “sense of perspective and support” (p.3).... [tags: Psychometrics, Assessment, Psychological testing]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- As I expand my knowledge in the different counseling approaches, my values appropriately fit in with the humanistic theoretical orientation. The career theory Integrative Life Planning (ILP) also resonates in my future ambitions as a counselor. I am very interested in working with high school and/or college students and helping them successfully prepare for their future. The holistic approach has stood out to me from the start of the program and has been useful in my personal life. My goal is to help the student/client to be able to discover their own personal motivations and self-satisfaction within them, as well as a way to benefit society.... [tags: humanistic therapy, career development]
2244 words (6.4 pages)
- It is important to ensure that the Learning Objectives have been achieved and that learning by the students have mastered the course. To decipher the level of learning, assessments are developed to make such determinations. This paper will provide examples of assessments of the learning objectives created in the previous Module. It will also discuss the use of Outcome-Based Assessments (OBA), and provide an outcome based assessment for an adult keyboard course. It will define and discuss the purpose of an Outcome-Based Assessment, the challenges such an assessment, and describe solutions that can be utilized when implementing this assessment into a program.... [tags: Assessment ]
1027 words (2.9 pages)