The information about this school’s organizational success was gathered in an interview with Andrea Williams, Principal of Theresa Bunker Elementary school. A vital way to make sure a school will become successful in achieving its goals is to have a leader that will strive to create an environment in which growth and success are not only evident, but highly encouraged. The leader this school has is one of those leaders. One definition of this type of leader is a “transformational leader [who] inspires others toward collaboration and interdependence as they work toward a purpose to which they are deeply committed” (Ubben, Hughes, & Norris, 2011). Consequently, this school has an eye on what it is that defines success for them. They work together and strive to find success in various ways as they work toward the ultimate goal of student achievement. Mrs. Williams elaborated on what exactly defines success for this school by saying that it comes down to data defines success (Williams, personal communication, 8/26/16). The school is proficient at looking at a variety of data to define where the successes are and how to improve areas where there is not as much success. The goals laid out in the district’s strategic plan guide the school to know what areas to focus on in defining success. The new district goals for the current school year are that students will be proficient in reading and math by 3rd grade and will be ready for college and career after high school. The data gathered to show success in these areas comes from various tests used in the school by all teachers.
These success indicators used by this school are the Response to Intervention Model, RTi in which 80% of students should be served by the t...
... middle of paper ...
...hrough the year to keep in the know about how the school is doing on working toward the goals mentioned in the vision and mission of the school and district. With data that is current, relevant and valid the school administration and faculty are able to work together to make decisions based on what is best for each child in the school. Mrs. Williams’s leadership style helps her to put the bigger picture together. She looks at all the pieces and then puts them all together to make decisions about how best to move the school forward. Feedback from the teachers and parents can also be a helpful tool. Without the support of the teachers and the district the school would not be able to be such trailblazers and innovators in moving this school towards making some choices that are not always the popular choice, but may be the right choice for them and their students.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Andrea Yates murder trial was one of the most highly publicized cases of 2001. Perplexing and complicated, it appealed to the public audience for various reasons. A mother methodically, drowns her five children in the family bathtub after her husband leaves for work. Was this an act of a cold calculating killer, or was this the act of a woman who lost touch with reality. Is this a case of medical neglect, and psychological dysfunctions, or is this a battle of ethics and deviant behavior exploiting medical and legal loop holes.... [tags: murder trial, andrea yate, classical theory]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- The Renaissance produced a wealth of great skill and craftsmanship. Describe in detail the work of one of its great artists or architects. Andrea Palladio (1508-80) was one of the most influential figures of Renaissance architecture, who worked in Vicenza in northern Italy as well as in Venice and the surrounding Veneto. Born in Padua, Palladio trained as a stonemason moving to Vicenza in 1524 to continue his training. Giangiorgio Trissino (1478-1550), his patron, introduced him to classical and humanist studies and took him on his first trip to Rome – where he later spent two years studying.... [tags: Andrea Palladio]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- Leadership Style Since August of 2015 I have had the privilege of working with an incredible leader in Andrea Williams, principal of Theresa Bunker Elementary School. She is the epitome of a well-rounded leader who exemplifies all of the qualities of a leader as described by House’s path-goal theory of leadership. Mrs. Williams works diligently each day to create a productive work environment. She is direct when she needs to be and is extremely respected by her faculty as a fair leader. As I have observed her over the past two years I have seen her leadership skills in action.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Servant leadership]
1661 words (4.7 pages)
- Case Study 3: Beachwood High School In 2010, Beachwood High School hired Dirk Dagger as principal. The previous principal was beloved Phyllis Knowles who worked at Beachwood for two years. Prior to Phyllis was Joe Gates who left his first principalship after only two years. Preceding to Joe, Lonna Self led the high school for four years and was forced out by the board. All of the principals lived outside the local community and commuted long distances to work. Dirk's two assistant principals, or AP's, were Frank Fischer, a young, highly talented former business education teacher for six years, in his second year as AP.... [tags: culture, counselors, leadership, principal]
1232 words (3.5 pages)
- ... The PCA has characteristics and ability to reduce redundancy and un-certainty. So, we used the PCA as the preprocessing step on the multispectral images to reduce the redundancy information and focus on the component; that has a significant impact on the data. Assume thatfx t gwheret= 1;2:::;N are stochastic n-dimensional input data records with mean (). Then, the mean () is illustrated by the following Equation: =frac1N N X x t (1) The covariance matrix ofx t is defined by using Equation (2).... [tags: principal, concepts, analysis, fuzzy]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- Andrea Yates and the Drowning of Her Kids How does a perfectly normal woman, living in a typical suburban neighborhood wind up in jail on charges of murdering her five children. On June20, 2001, Rusty Yates receives a call from his wife Andrea to return home from work. He learns that his wife of eight years has systematically drowned each of his five children in the family bath tub. She is arrested in Texas on charges of capitol murder and is convicted and sentenced to life in prison. Andrea Yates was born in Houston, Texas on July 2, 1964.... [tags: Andrea Yates Mental Disorders Murder Essays]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- Robert Browning’s Andrea del Sarto Lucrezia del Sarto (To My Dear Husband) My dear husband, put away your plate of bread Or, pray you, hand it to the dogs; the sun Has but an hour to make its mid-way trek, And here sit you etching pewter with crust, And smearing cheese and jam with lazy thumbs. Ah, yes. Kiss me so. Then kiss me better To smother my lips. Your artlessness is What makes me smile so, dear, and not your kiss. No, I will speak. And should you be so kind As to listen, you’ll find me plainly spoken.... [tags: Andrea del Sarto]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- Dear Mr.Johnson, This Letter is on the issue of closed campus, in my opinion this should not even be an issue. County High Scholl students should be able to go out during lunch, we have a right to choose what we pay for and we have the right to seek a comfortable environment. I have very strong reasons to back up my opinion. If I want to not wait in line for at least five to eight minutes for food I must skip the trip to my locker and lag around a heavy bag which has my first, second, third and fourth hour books in it.... [tags: Letter To The Principal]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- Changing Feelings Towards Peter and Andrea in Once in a House on Fire 'Once in a house on fire' by Andrea Ashworth At the beginning of the Novel, A freak accident robbed Andrea of a loving father at the age of five. Her mother Lorraine, widowed at just twenty-five years old, was distraught, not least because she was left alone to raise Andrea and her younger sister Lauren ( also known as Laurie). By the time Andrea was six, she had a new 'father'... When the reader first meets Peter, it is difficult to contrive a clear opinion of him.... [tags: Once in a House on Fire Andrea Ashworth Essays]
1865 words (5.3 pages)
- The myth of Andrea`s first love is a story of the things anger causes a person to do and the power it gives someone. As one of many of the daughters of Zeus and Hera, Andrea was young, beautiful and wealthy. She lived on Mount Olympus with her maid in a beautiful palace made of gold and exquisite carvings which was given as a gift from Hestia. There was never anything that made her special from her many other brothers and sisters. She didn’t have a hundred hands, powers or talents. Zeus thought she may be mortal like his other 32 children who became leaders of different states of Greece.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
1087 words (3.1 pages)