An intern is expected to work 40 hours per week during the summer and 8 hours per week during the school year.
• 8 hours/week during the school year
• 40 hours/week during summer
• Basic hospital orientation, 1 day.
• Aseptic technique training, 2 weeks.
• Chemotherapy preparation training, 2 weeks within chemo pharmacy. Chemotherapy preparation evaluation form is included in Appendix A.
• CITI training, 1 day.
Detailed training schedule is outlined in Appendix B.
First Year intern activities
Goal: To work as an accurate and effective technician with a good understanding of study drug regulations and the IDS distribution system.
• Review and enter medication orders into CPOE
• Fill and dispense non-sterile medication (e.g., counting, labeling)
• Prepare and dispense nonhazardous and hazardous sterile medications
• Compound medications
• Complete inventory records and other documentation related to disp...
... middle of paper ...
...ity for the pharmacy students to get involved in the research pharmacy operations and provide pharmaceutical care to patients involved in clinical research. Participation in the program will prepare students for postgraduate education and will allow gaining knowledge and skills necessary to participate in clinical research pharmacy practice after graduation.
Implementing an internship program may free the pharmacist from basic tasks, such as inventory management, documents preparations, and protocol reviews and focus on direct pharmacist responsibilities, like attending site initiation visits (SIV) and working with sponsors and principle investigators (PI) on improving protocol implementation and maintenance. This will support the IDS pharmacy future growth and provide an opportunity to achieve goals of the institution in becoming a leading research hospital network.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This paper is about a reflection on a class interview for a senior social worker. The teacher gave every student ten minutes for this interview. The students did not have an idea of what their situation was about until couple minutes before the interview. This paper will focus on the limits of confidentiality for the client, potential assessment for the client, engagement with the client, and evaluation of the social worker. Scenario The story was about a social worker intern who was placed at the hospital emergency room.... [tags: Child abuse, Sociology, Social work]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- For the UCDC summer 2014 program, I worked as a business intern at National Education Association (NEA). NEA is the largest professional association as well as the largest labor union in the United States. Members include teachers, professors, school bus drivers, and people working in the US educational system. The organization has more than 3 million members and the association operates on membership payments. Since I am majoring in economics and accounting, my main interest while finding a summer internship was to acquire corporate experience related to the field of accounting and to learn more about the business aspect of how an organization operates.... [tags: Intern, Internship, Purchase requisition]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- 1. During the intro session at Tech, how would you rate the level of information given and was it thorough enough in describing Rockydale. I would rate the level of information given at the session, from the best of my memory, as excellent. The information showed a company geared towards growth and expansion. This says a lot about a company in current economic conditions and is what a future employee is looking for in a company. The session also touched on green alternatives that Rockydale is pursuing as well as the type of products produced by the company.... [tags: Intern, Internship, Learning, Skill]
783 words (2.2 pages)
- I sat there, nervous, worried and confused as to why I was sitting in the Intercontinental Hotel for my interview to work with the former Attorney General of New South Wales. Up until this point the only knowledge I had of this man was of his tremendous accomplishments and of the many interns he had taken on from Boston University. I had no prior communication with him directly as his assistant Zdenka had been the one emailing me and taking on all correspondence with me. It made me incredibly nervous that I was going to walk into an incredibly challenging interview.... [tags: Webster's Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, Intern]
1966 words (5.6 pages)
- Modern Comedy Criteria: The Intern The movie I will be evaluating is a comedy film titled The Intern. It includes well-known actors like Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway. This film is about a 70-year-old widower named Ben Whittaker. He takes the chance to become a senior intern at an online fashion site after being a retired marketing executive for quite some time, Ben is looking for something to keep him busy. Whittaker doesn’t hit it off right away but he soon becomes popular amongst his younger co-workers as well as his boss Jules Ostin.... [tags: Film, Comedy film, Comedy, Young Frankenstein]
1724 words (4.9 pages)
- I conducted an information gathering interview to gain knowledge and experience to become a cutting edge hire for a job in my desired industry. I found a professional to interview and I set up the interview. I opened, processed, and closed the interview, while keeping my interviewing responsibilities in mind. I asked open and closed questions in my interview schedule to gain useful information. I identified my interviewee using LinkedIn. I looked for buyers that graduated from FIT. I signed up for a free trial and emailed Jennisa Visram and asked for an interview.... [tags: Interview, Semi-structured interview]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- I have landed every job I’ve ever done an interview for. Even though I’ve landed great opportunities, I know that this assignment has helped me grow in my own ability to interview and to be interviewed. To demonstrate some of the success and downfalls of our interview I will first, discuss my interviewing of Matthew Nelson. Secondly, I will discuss Matthew interviewing me. Finally, I will conclude with the overall success of the interview and this assignment. The questions are woven throughout my paper.... [tags: Interview, Question, Answer]
1655 words (4.7 pages)
- Ever since I was a senior in high school when I got the opportunity to be an intern at the elementary school library, I have found a niche in the library environment. On Friday, February fourteenth, I got the opportunity to interview and job shadow Amy Bowman, the Media Center Coordinator at Community Schools. By having both of these experiences with Amy, it really proved to me that I want to work in library sciences when I graduate from college. Amy began her post-secondary education at State University.... [tags: Interview Essay]
2025 words (5.8 pages)
- Approach no.3: A “speeddate” day is occasionally held, which involves each Managing Consultant and Manager meeting all the invited candidates for 15 minutes. This allows the Managing Consultants and Managers to have an idea of all candidates in a shorter period of time in comparison to having regular interview sessions. The “speeddate” day cannot be held frequently because it is difficult to find 5-10 candidates that are available at the same day and time for an interview. This approach can be considered as an efficient way of recruiting candidates, because Managing Consultants and Managers work together on this by asking predetermined competency based questions and can all share their imp... [tags: Training, Management, Recruitment, Skill]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Video Interview and Reflection Paper This paper will cover the reflection on a class interview for a senior social worker intern. The teacher gave every student ten minutes to complete the interview. The social worker intern was prepared for the interview. She found out her scenario just minutes before the interview. This paper will focus on the limits of confidentiality for the client, potential assessment for the client, engagement with the client, and evaluation of the social worker. Scenario The story was about a social worker intern who was placed in the hospital emergency room.... [tags: Child abuse, Sociology, Social work]
1471 words (4.2 pages)