The Montgomery County Department of Mental Hygiene has nine different contracts in which it funds. Each of these programs offers mental health services to the county and works with the community. The nine contracts Montgomery County funds are, St. Mary’s Mental Health and Alcohol services, NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness), HFM Prevention Council, Mental Health Association of Fulton and Montgomery Counties, Catholic Charities of Fulton and Montgomery Counties, Liberty, Capital District Respite, and SPOA (Single Point Of Access). The Montgomery County Department of Mental Hygiene also works with the Courts for Kendra’s Law or the Assisted Outpatient Services (AOT). These...
... middle of paper ...
...with his sister with result of their parents passing away a year ago. On top of taking care of the young man, their other sister was severely mentally retarded as well. The care taking sister switched overnight from being a sister to their mother. My ignorance in the field showed when I felt that the sister was doing the right thing by disciplining the brother when he would become violent and not give in to his bad behavior. The professionals around me explained that this motherly role isn’t her’s to take. Because of the pressure she has put herself in, she can no longer handle taking care of her brother. Starting to hate him and his behaviors, she was lost as to what to do. Unable to live on his own completely and unable to afford someone to take care of him, the sister turned to MHA, Liberty, his therapist at St. Mary’s Hospital and other related services for help.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Montgomery County Fairgrounds “When people arrived in the morning on the 17th there was a display of horses, cattle and farm products” (Drury 807). “The first Montgomery County Agricultural Fair was held in Dayton at Swaynie’s Hotel on East First Street October 17th and 18th, 1839” (Drury 807). 1853, the state fair was held on Washington Street, the same year the county fair was held there (Drury 807) then in 1874, “the Southern Ohio Fair Association began having fairs on the Montgomery County Fairgrounds for fifteen years” (Drury 808).... [tags: Local History]
1376 words (3.9 pages)
- Montgomery County consists of the Blacksburg and Christiansburg areas. Upon examination of the mental health service providers for children and adolescence it became a challenge to contact someone who would speak with or return inquiries about their practice. Three practices were willing to speak and give information about the services they provided. The first was Cindy Blevins, Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). Ms. Blevins practices at Life in Balance Counseling and Wellness Center, 125 Akers Farm Road, Suite D in Christiansburg.... [tags: Licensed Professional Counselor]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- ... The article define pictographs as images that are drawn in black pigments and the petro glyphs is define as images that are engraved into the limestone of the cave wall. In one of the circle glyphs there were many circles involved and some were more complex than the others. It is believed that circles are one of the most common design elements in prehistoric art in the southeastern US. The authors hypothesized that the charcoal was use to produce the pictographs because all of the pictographs were black.... [tags: pictography, early man]
569 words (1.6 pages)
- My lesson plan was to use open-ended questions to draw out what their habits are in regards to their hygiene. Also, to use factual information based on multiple resources to support the importance of good hygiene. Based on some homeless individuals having mental illness, developmentally delayed and younger age groups, I wanted to give step by step information to implement hygiene practices. Recommendation was made to use a hygiene log for those with poor record keeping o keep. Importance was stressed to make sure hygiene care was completed, and supplies used for personal care is also maintained in a cleanly manner (see Appendix A and B for more information on the Lesson plan).... [tags: Hygiene, Health care, Health, Homelessness]
1698 words (4.9 pages)
- Hamilton County Schools Hamilton County Department of Education, HCDE, ranks as the largest employer in Chattanooga Tennessee with barely over 4500 full time and just under 1500 part time employees (Chattanooga Chamber, 2016). This organization claims to provide 42,000 students with a world class education (Hamilton County Department of Education, 2015). The 2015 fiscal year posted total revenue of 413,372,112 dollars (Tennessee Report of the Department of Education, 2015) The Hamilton County, Tennessee school district is led by a school board made up of nine elected members, and the Superintendent of the school system.... [tags: Education, High school, School, Teacher]
710 words (2 pages)
- The elderly community is rapidly increasing. This is one of the major causes for increased health problems and inability for these patients to comply with medical standards. Oral hygiene, among others, is one of the most disregarded. As one’s age increases dental hygiene becomes more and more important to maintain a healthy lifestyle because the elderly are more susceptible to infections and diseases of the oral cavity that can easily spread through-out the body. Oral health is much worse for elders who are in the nursing home setting as opposed to those who are not.... [tags: Oral hygiene, Periodontitis, Dentistry, Halitosis]
1329 words (3.8 pages)
- The 1955 Montgomery Bus Boycott may be sometimes characterized as furious African Americans who wanted equal rights to whites. Blacks began to get tired of the treatment they had been receiving throughout the years. The laws stated that blacks should never sit to the front of the bus and if whites wanted to sit, then the blacks should move to the back. African Americans of Montgomery, Alabama were tired of segregation and being mistreated and they wanted to do something about it. The Montgomery Bus Boycott is still known to be an important civil rights movement in history, and it came about by the arrest of Rosa Parks, the organization of boycotts by Martin Luther King Jr, and the organizati... [tags: Rosa Parks, montgomery, segregation]
569 words (1.6 pages)
- Future State: Proposed Improvements When overcoming concerns and challenges of the current state of hand hygiene compliance, many new strategies must be implemented to promote and progress hand hygiene behavior. One strategy is to continue to observe nurses using recommended practice using multimodal and multidisciplinary technology. Another strategy to increase compliance exists in making hand hygiene an essential part of nursing culture and creating an institutional priority where administrations provide appropriate support and financial resources (Pfoh, Dy, & Engineer, 2013).... [tags: Hygiene, Health care, Hand washing, Better]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery Summary: Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert are brother and sister who live on their family farm, Green Gables, in the quiet town of Avonlea in Prince Edward Island, Canada. Matthew is sixty, and since he is getting older decides he needs help on the farm, in which, the Cuthberts decide to adopt an orphan boy to help him. Mrs. Rachel Lynde, the town gossiper does not think Matthew and Marilla are fit to raise a child. Matthew who is terrified of women arrives at the train station to find an orphan girl instead of a boy; the orphanage sent the eleven year old Anne Shirley by mistake.... [tags: Book Report Montgomery Green Gables]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Shiawassee County Community Mental Health Shiawassee County Community Mental Health (SCCMH) is an agency that provides various services to the people of Shiawassee County Michigan. This paper will explain SCCMH and their mission to the public, core values, and vision of the future. Mission Statement. "To provide individualized behavioral health care services to members of the community to assist them in improving and maintaining quality of life by reaching their personal goals." Core Values.... [tags: Papers]
2338 words (6.7 pages)