The staff and volunteers at the SHCFP had been very friendly, supportive, and willing to assist with the most basic questions. The social workers at the pantry fill a number of roles not only in direct support to the pantry operation but also assistance to the client base outside of the delivery of food. I have been filling as a shopper’s assist and stocking the pantry. This has provided valuable “face” time for with the shoppers. I am able to experience first-hand the cultural, economic, and racial diversity that comprises the population.
Arriving at the facility ...
... middle of paper ...
I will gather more detailed knowledge of the Kosher and Hallal practices, and the societal trends and demographics of those requiring the services of the food pantry. I will at the same time become familiar with the social service delivery model in use at the SHCFP. I will also become competent serving the population of refugees, asylees, and seniors who make up a large portion of the JF&CS service network.
I will better utilize the supervision of Ms. Claire Burbea in my day to day work in the SHCFP, and apply the case work to my emerging role as a 1st year MSW student. Last I will treat everyone associated with JF&CS, clients, shopper, co-workers, and visitors with the dignity all humans deserve.
From the beginning my field experience has been exceedingly valuable. It has broadened my horizons and helped me narrow my focus for the next phase of my education.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This past week has been interesting at my internship site (multiple locations) and as member of a support group in Dr. Sartor’s class. Not only did I get to see group therapy in action, I had actually learned something about myself and the bias of my emotions. During group session, I felt confident in my anger and frustration that I ranted about a situation that occurred at my internship site (Acorn Daycare) with a student client and a teacher. Along with the incident, my emotions had magnified about the unpreparedness I had felt on a quiz that I had finished taking.... [tags: Psychology, Emotion, Family therapy, Psychiatry]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- I. BACKGROUND AND BUSINESS MODEL OF THE INTERNSHIP SITE Ophidion, Inc. is an early stage biopharmaceutical company located in Pasadena. The company is currently developing a new class of safe and effective drugs targeting some of the most important molecules in the central nervous system, the neuronal nicotinic receptors. These drugs will potentially be used to treat several cognitive disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ADHD, schizophrenia, depression, and many other CNS diseases.... [tags: Internship Reflection]
2513 words (7.2 pages)
- Prior to the three days we spent discussing clinical and experimental internships, I had only a vague idea of what internships entailed. I had only briefly spoken with second-year graduate students about their experiences. Thus, I found the psychology professional forum, internship panel, and Dr. Northington’s presentation to be quite helpful. Likewise, all three events provided different insights regarding internships. I had not yet given much consideration to the pros and cons of each internship sites, the experiences that would be the most valuable and lastly, how my internship choice would impact my career path.... [tags: Intern, Internship, Psychology, Health]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- At the On-Site Meeting, we had discussed all of the duties that I was starting to get involved in. For example, imputing information into Coroner ME and working on the year end statistics for 2015. We also talked about the powerpoint I was helping Michael with, called “1000 Ways to Die: Allen County Edition”. I had learned about a lot of different weird circumstances by going through those cases with Michael. I am a little bummed out that I will not be able to attend the Coroner’s Conference to see him present it.... [tags: Police, Sheriff, Crime, Criminal justice]
1712 words (4.9 pages)
- My internship experience this semester was interesting. I interned at ESH/MESH with Bridgeway. My Supervisor was Emilie Banz. I didn’t do much but I did learn a lot from this experience. I met a lot of great people and watch PsyR in action. I met a couple of individuals who were really cool. My experience this semester has prepared me for the next. The first month of my internship interesting but boring. It was interesting because I really had no idea of what to expect while on my internship site.... [tags: Disability, Mental disorder, Psychology]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- Internship Experience During the course of time, I’ve learned many useful things that have led me to be the person I want to be today. From college classes to work experiences, I now have the ability to exceed upon internship experiences that can shape my perspective on life. The purpose of this paper is to summarize, reflect, analyze, and synthesize on my internship experience at the Children’s Home of Reading-Acute Partial Hospitalization Program. The Children’s Home of Reading was originally called Home for Friendless Children which was established in 1884.... [tags: Psychology, Psychiatry, Developmental psychology]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- In order for JP Morgan Chase to consider me as a prospect candidate as one of their summer interns, I will have to demonstrate to the recruiter I poses the type of skills they seek for. On the on-line job web site under description they list that the summer candidate that will be chosen must be able to work under pressure, tight deadlines, able to adapt well and assume high level of responsibility. They also require for this person to have a well rounded academic background in finance, a GPA of 3.0, strong teamwork, communication skills, and high energy level.... [tags: Cover Letter Job Skills Internship]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction The purpose of this report is to discuss the overall internship experience. Topics I will be covering are the four task areas that were checked off by my supervisor on the internship agreement forms. Those task areas were: Estimating, Safety, Project Administration and Management, and Field Layout and Surveying. Also, I will discuss different activities, experiences and lessons I learned throughout the whole internship. Internship Orientation and Preparation There was not much to the orientation process for myself.... [tags: Project management, Construction, Project]
1413 words (4 pages)
- My internship experience as a promotions/communication intern at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio was an outstanding experience that prepared me to utilize my skills, education and training in a professional environment. I had an incredible opportunity to be able to contribute my greatest strengths and assets to a one-of-a-kind nonprofit organization. I am going to discuss how my internship experience, through my daily practices, role and responsibilities, demonstrated an organizational communication theory.... [tags: Communication, Communication theory]
1615 words (4.6 pages)
- I Over the course of the semester I had to find an internship site the intern was at a Non-Profit organization. My dream and passion is to help others, I’ve always had this heart of gold, especially coming from a family that had so little. I migrated to the United States from Cape Verde at the age of six with my family and since then my family has grown so much. I appreciate everything about life and that’s why I feel like I love to help others in need. My dream was always to work with children, so this internship class allowed me to find an internship that I would love.... [tags: Family therapy, Family, The Age, Psychology]
984 words (2.8 pages)