The people were wonderful at ArroGen. Everyone was polite and courteous. And I was able to communicate with everyone reasonably well. The people at ArroGen generally seemed to listen to my ideas and take on into consideration, and they answered any questions that I had, no matter what it was. My supervisor was Dr. Kimberly Sandquist, and she was an awesome person to work with. She helped me with everything I needed help with.
I think by having me there I was able to help people with whatever assignments I was given. I always tried my best to be a contribution t...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Internship Report Format 1. Title Page One original title page, prepared in the same format as the Sample Internship title is given at the end. Page submitted with the original signatures of Program coordinator. The date on the title page will depend on the semester you will receive your degree. 2. Acknowledgements If you wish, you may include a page with a brief note of dedication or acknowledgment of help received from particular persons. 3. Table of Contents The contents page should clearly and accurately index the page numbers of the various sections of the dissertation.... [tags: Internship Report]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- I. BACKGROUND AND BUSINESS MODEL OF THE INTERNSHIP SITE Ophidion, Inc. is an early stage biopharmaceutical company located in Pasadena. The company is currently developing a new class of safe and effective drugs targeting some of the most important molecules in the central nervous system, the neuronal nicotinic receptors. These drugs will potentially be used to treat several cognitive disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ADHD, schizophrenia, depression, and many other CNS diseases.... [tags: Internship Reflection]
2513 words (7.2 pages)
- In 2012, eighty-four percent of Santa Clara University graduates who responded to a survey from the Santa Clara University School of Engineering obtained one or more internships during their undergraduate studies. Of those who responded, eighty-two percent were employed full-time after graduation earning a median salary of $62,500 (Santa Clara University). This research exhibits that internships can be an important strategy in the efforts toward job search for both students, as well as for employers looking to hire valuable employees.... [tags: Student Internships]
1539 words (4.4 pages)
- Every college student is concerned about his or her academic future, especially nowadays in times of the economic crisis. College students are desperate for experience that might distinguish them later from other job applicants and improve their chances of getting their desired jobs. Internships provide valuable experience necessary for jobs and are an important part of the academic career. However, when it comes to internships, the issue of unpaid internships may be raised with opinions differing on the question of the benefits of such unpaid internships.... [tags: Internships]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- Business internships are helping students gain real world experience while they are not actually out in the real world yet. Internships are becoming more and more popular with college students in today’s world. An internship is basically when a student in college goes to a company or business and works while they are still enrolled in school and still getting academic credit. The main purpose of the internship is for the student to gain valuable on the job work experience. But there are also other things that a student can get from internships.... [tags: Internship Programs]
1333 words (3.8 pages)
- I was born and raised in Japan, but I have moved to U.S. for seeking advanced education and lived in the U.S. for over 10 years. While I lived in Japan, I recognized people’s common dietary practices were changing dramatically from traditional Japanese food to foods from western cultures. The changes seemed to play a critical role in the rapidly increasing incidences of chronic diseases such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, obesity, and some types of cancers in recent years.... [tags: Career Goals]
683 words (2 pages)
- The internship program that I had was a great experience to me. The internship is important for any student to improve his skills in his career. My internship program was a fantastic experience because I worked and visited many agencies and I learned impressive things about their ways to work. There are many things I would like to take them with me to Saudi Arabia and apply them there. In March 2015, I started my internship with New Haven Police Department. The police system in the United States is different from Saudi Arabia.... [tags: Police, United States, Saudi Arabia, Constable]
1462 words (4.2 pages)
- This summer I was offered an internship for Merrill Lynch in my hometown of Towson, Maryland. For eight weeks, I worked five days a week for an average of thirty hours. There are numerous Merrill Lynch offices in the Baltimore and Washington D.C. area. Offices in Annapolis and Baltimore are greater in numbers and advisors. The Towson region only has about fifteen advisors and four client assistants. However, almost all of those advisors started their careers in Baltimore. The Towson office was for more established advisors who already have a distinguished client list.... [tags: Personal Narrative Descriptive Internship]
1771 words (5.1 pages)
- Internship with the Police Department Throughout my one hundred and twenty-hour experience with the Gloversville Police Department, I learned many skills, values and the ways of this Police Department. Many of the calls and situations I went to often could relate to a certain theory that I learned in any of my law classes. I would recommend any student majoring in Criminal Justice to try to take an internship with a local law enforcement agency. I am currently signed up for the civil service test for Gloversville Police Department, If I do qualify for the Police I believe that this internship will give me a huge head start.... [tags: Internship Police Department Criminal Essays]
2172 words (6.2 pages)
- Internship I have now come to the conclusion of my internship at END DWI (End Driving While Intoxicated). Our organizations mission is to reduce, if not end, the number of deaths and tragedies that are caused by the carelessness of drunk driving. The amount of people killed every year by drunk driving is astonishing. Picture this, you could fill every seat at Madison Square Garden with people killed by drunk driving. END DWI is committed to limiting this senseless tragedy and has done an excellent job in many factors relating to this subject.... [tags: Papers]
800 words (2.3 pages)