The Psychoanalytic theory was created by Sigmund Freud, who believes a developed human mind is unconscious which means we are not fully aware of our own mental processes such as desires, motives and memories that cannot be available to one’s awareness. On the other hand, the id can relate to the unconscious level because it only desires what feels good in sexual such as pleasure, physically and emotionally. On the preconscious level that is entering the superego personality structure that can show what is right and moral. In other words, is a level where is influenced by parents who raised their children that can teach what is right and wrong to prevent any type of consequences and deviant behaviors. On the conscious level, which is the ego where it make peace and balanced between the superego and id that represents to reason and good sense.
The Social Cognitive Theory was proposed by Albert Bandura, who emphasizes learning, and development. According to learning, we acquire new knowledge, behaviors and comprehension such as observing the behavior of others that influence our own behavior and act in a certain way towards another whether is rewarding or punishment. For instance, one of my family members who is my cousin has been married for eight years and she is experiencing verbally and physical abuse from her husband whenever he engage...
... middle of paper ...
... Humanistic Theory because it can relate to everyday’s life based on how a person can manage their own perception and embrace who they are as an acceptance of their personality. On the other hand, what is more interesting is fully-functioning person that exemplify the differences between high self-esteem that are congruence and low self-esteem that are incongruence. These two different fluctuating self-esteems can describe the positive and negative influences by others based upon how they were raised in an environment by a significant others that can develop a positive or negative effect. For instance, suppose a child were raised by a single parent who is an alcoholic and the parent neglect the child by not giving affectionate love and is always abusing verbally. The child is more likely to grow with an incongruence due to experiencing rejection of love and attention.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Edgar Allan Poe, the father of horror, was born into a life of misfortune. The incidents in his life took place one after the other. Poe had to struggle through his life from an age of three, when his mother passed away. Regardless of all the adversities he faced, Poe remained strong and shared his feelings with the world through literature. Adversity, is known as, “a condition marked by misfortune.” Almost all human beings have to deal with various adversities, whether it is losing a limb or not being able to play for a favorite hockey team.... [tags: Edar Allan Poe literature]
602 words (1.7 pages)
- Every experience in one 's life is an individual puzzle piece that contributes to the overall puzzle of life; however, some may be crucibles, which offer the possibility of complete transformation.(Awk) A crucible is a defining moment that involves a strenuous decision regarding a person’s fortitude, reasoning, honor, or fate. Hardships are virtually inescapable, yet they contribute to the entirety of life and allow individuals to recognize that they may be capable of surpassing more than they believe.... [tags: Parent, Family, Meaning of life, Sibling]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- A memorial is a unique part of an individual life. Its purpose is to keep remembrance of a person or an event that left a mark on the world. Memorials are a symbol of a significant time in history. It is important to society since they bring history alive throughout generations. For instance, when a parent see the excitement to learn about our history in their child’s eyes, they feel a kind of indescribable joyfulness. It articulates that memorials are hold a unique place in every individual’s heart.... [tags: September 11 attacks, World Trade Center, Al-Qaeda]
1151 words (3.3 pages)
- Our individual economic life is impacted by the decisions made in our economic policies. Thus making the country’s economic performance significant. Some of South Africa’s macroeconomic objectives are: inflation between 3% -6%, relative price stability, low unemployment, sustainable economic growth, exchange rate constancy and balance of payments stability. The biggest challenge for any economy however is to achieve these goals all at the same time.These objectives prompt for government to intervene in the economy, to try and achieve most of these objectives at the same time.... [tags: Economic Policies, Monetary Policies, Banks]
1353 words (3.9 pages)
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- One of the more heavily talked about subjects discussed in CORE this semester was the Gallup Strengths, and their impacts on an individual’s life. Thanks to these in-class discussions, I’ve learned a lot about what I am good at and why certain things are important to me. Depending on what strengths a person has there will be certain things he or she will be able to do better, want to have in the workplace, and value accordingly. CORE has let me let me explore these topics about myself to make sure I’m on a path that will lead me to a career in which I will be working at my full potential.... [tags: Need, Want, WANT, Lebanon]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- ... Although this may seem humorous, it also alludes to the vast size of my family. Due to this large family, I had exposure to many lifestyles and cultures. On my Dad’s side of the family, I experienced a middle class, professional oriented family dynamic, while my Mother’s relatives primarily worked on their farms. This exposure to different cultures helped me to gain knowledge of the world from a young age. I rode in both airplanes and combines, heard both sides of the political debates, visited offices in the city and fed cows on a dairy farm.... [tags: Family, Sibling, Cousin, Mother]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- Nowadays education has become a part of each individual 's life. With a specific end goal to survive and be fruitful one need education. Despite the fact that there are numerous approaches to live, education assumes real part in underlining one 's ability. Educated individual with a professional education can lead a happy life and has incredible esteem in the blink of an eye in the general public. A person holding a degree empowers him/her to achieve more and give students strength to pick a right alternative.... [tags: Higher education, University, Education]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Education and its impact on an individual’s life. There is always an incident that one can remember when the person think of a fundamental change that shifted the whole perspective of life. This change could be the result of the lessons that the life gives us through different experiences in our life or it could be learned by making a mistake. Another great aspect that have the ability to produce pattern shift in life is education. My education has produced paradigm shift in my life similar to that felt by Douglass.... [tags: Knowledge, Learning, Education]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Religion is placed throughout many areas of life. It can be used for many different purposes. Historically speaking, religion is something for individuals to believe in for strength and security. While religion plays a large role in an individual’s life, it is to be seen if religion is something that provides individual identification or if it is something that is manipulated during changing times of life. There have been many studies that point toward religion being a thing of centering an individual’s life.... [tags: Religion, Strength, Security, Individual Life]
1264 words (3.6 pages)
- The Sociological Themes Of A Nuclear Family
- The Differences Between Liberal, Marxist And Neorealist Approaches On Globalization Theory
- My Family Is A Nuclear Family
- Obesity Is Not Be Blamed Solely On The Individual, Big Business, Government, And The Capitalist System
- Industrialization Of Industrialization And Imperialism
- The Legal Ideals Surrounding Consent And How One Can Be Charged With Sexual Assault