My most proud activity is without a doubt is the “PeacefulK”. The reason is simple because PeacefulK is me, and something that represents my music to the people. It is something that I genuinely enjoy without actually earning any income from it. It shows to the people, and to addition to myself that this is me, and this is my music alone. Sadly, I have not been uploading any music for a while, but as the PeacefulK, I have still been making musical pieces. It is my own form of passion and also motivation to make music. So it is my pride and joy of being a novice music composer, and is my future as an expert music composer for games and films.
List the titles of the required readings from courses during the school year or summer that you enjoyed most in the past year. (150 words or less)
I did not have any courses that I have taken this year, but if I can say the classes that I have taken during the fall (the community college or credit) and something that is not what you would really call a “required reading” I would say it is the music theory textbook aptly titled Theory for Today’s Musician. Music theory has always fascinated me, and there were some theories that I have not been able to study, so actually knowing the name of the techniques and chords that didn’t know about was absolutely enjoyable.
List the titles of the books you read for pleasure that you enjoyed most in the past year. (150 words or less)
Aion by Carl Jung, and the Psychological Types by Carl Jung are the books that I have read this past year. Fictional books were something that I have hard time reading, because I had to imagine ...
... middle of paper ...
...haracter was going through. Then I saw the video of where the music was applied and it was nearly an exact match. That was when I truly started to have my interest in music composition, to make a music (that could be simple) that provokes such raw imagination in human’s mind, but makes it possible to connect with other people even if they do not know what the origin of that music may be. The music I make is not for games or films every time, but I do try to make music that can cause emotion in peoples’ heart. I know that I am still very inexperienced, but that is the reason why I have specifically chosen music composition as my playing field. It is something that I actually and truly care about and it is a subject that I wish to indulge myself in and grow so that I can let other people feel the emotion that I have felt while I have listened to “The Price of Freedom”.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I would like to start my report by saying that this is not the composer I was originally going to write about. I started out by looking up all the composers, and choosing Johannes Brahms because he looked like Santa Claus. I also liked him after reading more about him and then listening to one of his works called A German Requiem. However, I was not fully satisfied and began reading about other composers when I came upon Carlo Gesualdo. His story has the most drama and shock factor that I have read so far and thus caught my attention and provoked me to write my report on him.... [tags: composer, music, events]
603 words (1.7 pages)
- John Dowland (1563-1626) was a composer of Renaissance England and considered one of the most prolific and well-known composers of English lute song. A composer and accomplished lutenist, he is probably the most well traveled English composer of his time. Through his travels he was exposed to the musical elements of his Italian, French and German contemporaries. He developed his own musical language, in which he created a unique style for the lute song. As a composer, he focused on the development of melodic material and was able to elegantly blend words and music with a wide range of emotion and technique.... [tags: lute, composer, music]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- There were two great composers in the romantic music period. One was Frédéric Chopin and the other was Franz Liszt. They had great talent and composed excellent pieces that were really hard to play. These composers also had an interesting childhood. Chopin’s most heroic pieces were the polonaise in a flat major, the Nocturne in E flat major Op.9 No.2, and the Fantasie Impromptu Op.66. The Polonaise in a flat major was nicknamed the heroic. Chopin composed this piece when he was thirteen as a present for his teacher.... [tags: composer, music, childhood]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- My composer is known as an influential minimalist and has written a variety of works such as opera, musical theater, symphonies, chamber music, and film scores and much more. This composer’s identity is none other than Philip Glass. The major focus in this paper are to give a moderately brief background on Philip Glass, examining his style of music along with how others view it and describe one of Philip Glass’s musical pieces. The background or bio about Philip Glass has information primary associated with events surrounding his career.... [tags: influential minimalist]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- The Works of Composer Albert E. Brumley Composer Albert E. Brumley, a pioneer in gospel music, was born on a small town family cotton farm on October 29, 1905. Growing up in the small town of Spiro, Oklahoma, Brumley experienced hard work first hand. Although Brumley always had a love for music he was not a composer as a young child or through his teenage years. In the 1926, Brumley expressed an interest in attending a music school where he could further his knowledge of composing and of music in general.... [tags: Music, Musical notation, Albert E. Brumley]
712 words (2 pages)
- Inception is a 2010 science fiction film composed and directed by Christopher Nolan. Hans Zimmer, a German film composer and music producer who create the score for Inception. In the past, he composed music for over 100 films, including the famous Lion King, Dark Knight, Crimson Tide, and much more. His works are important for integrating electronic musical instruments and electronic music technology with traditional orchestral arrangement in his production. He interpret the work he wrote for Inception as “a very electronic dense score’ filled with ‘nostalgia and sadness’ to match the actor feelings throughout the film.... [tags: electronic, music, orchestra, feelings]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- Johann Stamitz: Classical Era composer Born as Jan Václav Antonin Stamic and later Germanized as Johann Wenzel Anton Stamitz, he was an influential composer and violinist. He was born on June 19, 1717 in Deutschbrod, Bohemia, now called Havlíčkův Brod, Czech Republic. Stamitz received a musical education from his father from a young age, and attended the Faculty of Philosophy at the University of Prague for the academic year of 1734 – 1735, and shortly thereafter left the university to become a violin preformer.... [tags: violin, orchestral crescendo, music]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- In film music, composers use compositional techniques to control, manipulate and alter the objectives and foundation of a story, improving the development of characters, emotions or initiating subtext in film. The job of creating music for film has taken different forms, but as film production and technology changes and improves, the process of scoring music for films has been taken to a high standard of work, involving a strenuous and careful process to provide the film 's objectives to reach their potential.... [tags: Film score, Film, Soundtrack, Hans Zimmer]
1580 words (4.5 pages)
- Probably one of the most well-known composers in history is Ludwig Van Beethoven. From having an abusive father, to being a lonely lover, and eventually losing his hearing at an early age, his life was a raging storm of trials. Through these great trials rose the infamous composer known in every corner of the world. His music style of choice was never constant, but his 9 symphonies are some of the greatest pieces in history. Born to a musician father in Bonn, Germany in 1770, toddler Beethoven began studying music by the age of four, but sadly under traumatic conditions.... [tags: music, composer, piano]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- Inspiration may be a form of super-consciousness, or perhaps of subconsciousness—I wouldn’t know. But I am sure it is the antithesis of self-consciousness. Only one man could claim the title as probably the greatest composer in American history for writing so many unforgettable works: Aaron Copland. He lived a life inspired by many things as well as inspiring people all across the nation, and it really led to the opposite of being drawn into himself, as he described in the quote above. He was born in Brooklyn, New York on November 14 in 1900.... [tags: essays research papers]
1190 words (3.4 pages)