Hydrothermal treatment of sweet sorghum bagasse powder
Hydrothermal treatment of the SSB powder was carried out using tap water in an autoclave (DSE-8000, NAPCO, USA). The treatment temperature was selected as 394 K since the significant quantity of heat required to achieve this temperature can be recovered through proper process design (Teramoto, Lee et al. 2009) and will be more effective than simple boiling for the treatment of lignocellul...
... middle of paper ...
...o enzymatic saccharification." Bioresour Technol 100(20): 4783-4789.
Van Soest, P. J. (2006). "Rice straw, the role of silica and treatments to improve quality." Animal Feed Science and Technology 130(3–4): 137-171.
Van Soest, P. v., J. Robertson, et al. (1991). "Methods for dietary fiber, neutral detergent fiber, and nonstarch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition." Journal of dairy science 74(10): 3583-3597.
Wyman, C. E., S. R. Decker, et al. (2005). "Hydrolysis of cellulose and hemicellulose." Polysaccharides: Structural Diversity and Functional Versatility 1: 1023-1062.
Xu, J., J. J. Cheng, et al. (2010). "Lime pretreatment of switchgrass at mild temperatures for ethanol production." Bioresour Technol 101(8): 2900-2903.
Yemm, E. and A. Willis (1954). "The estimation of carbohydrates in plant extracts by anthrone." Biochemical Journal 57(3): 508.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... 3 Nutrition in Riftia completely depends on chemoautotrophic symbionts that fix CO2 into organic matter using energy from the oxidation of reduced sulfur compounds. 4 The host also depends on the symbiont’s nitrate reduction to ammonia for energy and biosynthesis. 6 These tubeworms do not have digestive tracts. 5 Instead, they use their obturaculum to absorb dissolved sulfides and other compounds and deliver them to the trophosome, a specialized organ that houses sufide oxidizing gamma-proteobacteria.... [tags: Photosynthesis, Carbon dioxide]
703 words (2 pages)
- You see a world like no other. Life is abundant and it is all around you. There are strange creatures living in conditions that are extremely deadly. Before 1997 this world existed unknown, lurking in the dark. The only way for you to see this world is to be in a specialized submarine, otherwise you would die from heat, pressure, and extreme levels of toxins. And yet, in the hostile conditions life not only exists, it thrives. That world is here on Earth and it is like no other. The strange world described above was the deep ocean.... [tags: Hydrothermal Vents, Ocean, Earth]
1545 words (4.4 pages)
- Research design can be reflected in the structure of exploration – this type of research gives the base to the design of the project. It holds the project together. We regularly depict a configuration utilizing a compact documentation that empowers us to abridge a perplexing outline structure effectively (Trochim, 2006). In Weeks 2 and 3, we discussed experimental designs and quasi-experimental design. An experimental design is a study in which the specialist controls the level of some independent variable and after that processes the result.... [tags: Scientific method, Experimental design]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- This experimental study will have two groups of participants. Participants will need to be professionally diagnosed with Oppositional Defiant Disorder and have had persistent symptoms for a period of at least 6 months before the study takes place. Also, participants must be between the ages of 6 and 15 at the time that the study takes place. There will be a total of 100 participants. Since, there was no found standard treatment method used to treat patients with ODD, only a waitlist group and DBT group will be used.... [tags: Emotion, Psychology, Psychotherapy]
802 words (2.3 pages)
- Experimental Vaccines As the quote by Tim Hansel states “Life becomes precious and more special to us when we look for the little everyday miracles and get excited about the privileges of simply being human”. The gift of everyday life is something everyone should cherish because people will never know when it will be their last day on earth. People use medicine as a way to live their everyday lives. In today’s society, medication through vaccines is the most used method of distributing medicine.... [tags: Influenza vaccine, Influenza, Vaccine, Vaccination]
1540 words (4.4 pages)
- Experimental designs Experimental designs are viewed as the most accurate, and most demanding of research designs, requiring strict attention to rules and procedures. Researchers use these research designs to manipulate and control testing procedures as a way to understand a cause and effect relationship. Commonly, independent variables are manipulated to judge or decide their effect on a dependent variable (Trochim & Donnelly, 2008). In order for an experiment to be considered a true experimental design, the design must fit specific criteria.... [tags: Research Methodology]
689 words (2 pages)
- Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Design There are basically two main categories of measuring variables with a sample of participants or subjects: experimental and quasi-experimental. According to (Hopkins, 2008), research studies can be carried out using body tissues, cells, animals or humans. The researcher is looking for a relationship between the variables, and this can be accomplished using statistics, relative frequencies, and/or correlations (Hopkins, 2008). One can accomplish this by simply observing without influencing, manipulating, or controlling the environment or interaction.... [tags: Research Analysis ]
1945 words (5.6 pages)
- Introduction In order to safely deliver competent care, a nurse must be armed with all of the pertinent information about a patient. Breakdowns in communication have been known to cause adverse and sentinel events, making it extremely important for nurses to pass on relevant information at shift change in a timely manner. Although no known best practice currently exists for communication during patient handovers, various strategies have been implemented and studied. One strategy to attempt to improve the quality and delivery of end of shift report in a timely manner includes the employment of a standardized template to complement verbal patient handovers.... [tags: Patient, Health care provider, Health care]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- Snowden, Masland, Wallace, and Fawley (2009) examined if ethnic minority youth receiving supplemental managed care decrease the propensity for their need to obtain emergency or crisis care and if minority’s decrease were more than that of Whites. According to the article, Associating Supplemental Case Management Activities with Ethnic Minority Children’s Reduced Use of Psychiatric Emergency Services minority children and adolescents inflicted with poverty perform poorly in school and more often immersed in criminal justice and child welfare systems than their White counterparts.... [tags: Criminal Justice, Child Welfare System]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- Research Paper Requirement For this research requirement I chose three different experiments to examine thoroughly. The first of these experiments came from the Journal of Experimental Child Psychology. The study done in this journal was an examination of orthographic learning and self-teaching in a bilingual and biliterate context. The aim of the study was to figure out the advantages and/or disadvantages of a student learning a native language when they are either monolingual, bilingual, or biliterate, and the study was focused on learning English because this is the most commonly learned non-native language in the world.... [tags: burkina faso, learning, self-teaching]
1587 words (4.5 pages)