Thank you for your post, Petra!
Protecting individuals who are participating in a research should be protected from poetical adverse outcome, and other possible issues such as social adverse effect and/or criminal or civil liability (The Regents of the University of California, 2014).
As you have stated, the projection for patient confidentially, including limited access only to the developers, will certainly provide participants with confidentiality.
The Regents of the University of California. (2014). Privacy and Confidentiality. Retrieved from http://www.research.uci.edu/compliance/human-research-protections/researchers/privacy-and-confidentiality.html
Jill, thank you for your posting! It is very detailed and clarify some of the questions that I had regarding data collecting.
I have chosen to use Paper-pencil-questionnaires in an clinical settings for my patient population.
From my understanding, quantitative approaches have advantage because it is cost effective, easier to make comparisons because it can be standardized, and outcome can be measured.
Western Australian Centre for Health Promotion Research. (2010). My-Peer Toolkit. Retrieved from http://mypeer.org.au/monitoring-evaluation/data-collection-methods/
Improved Strategies to Deliver Health Care to Non-English Speaking Populations
Graduate Project in Nursing | NSG6999 S 01
Faculty: Cheryl Williams
South University OnlineImproved Strategies
This study is to determine, based on the evidence, implementation of medically trained interpreter service for the Hispanic adult LEP patients improve health care outcome in comparison to the Hispanic adult LEP patients without medically trained interpreter services.
The Setting and...
... middle of paper ...
...x months. The patients will be provided with a questionnaire written in Spanish and English. The pre-test is not required for this study and the outcome are measured by patient’s report on A1C results and infection rate.
Measurement Instruments To Be Used
The participants in the study are identified by first six questions (questions one to six); there are three baseline questions to eliminate bias (questions seven, eight and nine); quality of service evaluation for medically trained interpreter and non-medically trained interpreter (example:family member) are evaluated by three questions (questions 10, 11 and 12); the healthcare outcome will be based on the LEP patient’s changes in A1C result and rate of infection (questions 13 and14). The data are then entered into the Excel program for calculation of the mean and standard deviation for the each area measured.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Core Competencies In the clinical setting there are clinical and non-clinical advanced roles. A clinical advanced nursing role is one that involves direct patient care. An example of this is a nurse practitioner who provides treatment to patients and medical testing. A non-clinical advanced nursing role is one that does not provide direct care to the patients. Examples of this include nurse educators and nurse administrators who do not provide direct treatment to the patients. Both the clinical and non-clinical advanced roles have core competencies specific to their specialties.... [tags: clinical advanced roles, nursing]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- The field of clinical psychology integrates the science of psychology with the treatment and assessment of complex psychological human problems, making it an exciting career choice. Further, the study of the mind will likely never “ end” such domain will always hold value. Clinical psychology is a fascinating science that is anxious with the assessment and treatment of mental illness, abnormal behavior, and psychiatric problems. This research will describe the career of clinical psychology, what is required to become a successful clinical psychologists, and the impact this career has on society.... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology, Psychiatry]
1258 words (3.6 pages)
- The nursing issue experienced One significant nursing issue I encountered, during my clinical experience, is centered on nursing delegation. Delegation is a complex nursing practice aimed towards patient care. It requires the 2ability to make judgments under very complex situations and to have accountability for patient care. Nurses are brokers of patient care resource. They synthesize data collected by other healthcare professionals, for the purpose of coordinating safe and individualized care, thereby addressing the needs of the patient and their families.... [tags: Nursing, Patient, Health care provider]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- In this case I will discuss evidence based nursing problem which has a very big impact to the nurses which is evidence- based practices for safe patient handling and movement. Evidence-based practice is critically appraised and scientifically proven evidence for delivering quality health care to a specific population. This is very important because it will help me in reduction of injuries that are associated with patient handling. There are very many approaches that can be used or rather are used in patient handling.... [tags: Patient, Nursing, Nurse, Learning]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- Nursing care has something to do with organizing, planning, implementing and evaluating. This simply means that nursing as a field of expertise shares a common bond with management. Management by definition is putting things into a meaning order to produce favourable results to a certain organization. Without nursing management, the whole delivery system will be on a chaos. Nursing management need people in order to implement such management standards. These people should have good leadership skills, critical thinkers and versatile by nature.... [tags: Information, Policies, Activities]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- Article Review and Evaluation The United States spends more money on healthcare than any other nation. The National Center for Health Statistics (2013) reported the United States spent $2.3 trillion on healthcare during 2011. Unfortunately, this excessive spending has not produced exceptional results. For example, the Commonwealth Fund ranked the United States healthcare system last out of 11 healthcare systems regarding efficiency and performance (Davis, Stremikis, Squires, & Schoen, 2014). However, healthcare leaders have experimented with implementing a variety of quality and performance improvement strategies.... [tags: Management, Process management]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- I am writing to express my sincere interest in the postdoctoral ABMGG fellowship program in Clinical Biochemical Genetics at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). I am currently working at the department of Genetics at UAB as a research instructor and expect to finish my projects on the inherited disorder Neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF1) in the next few months. From my experience in both research and clinical settings, I have grasped extensive knowledge and skills in both areas of Human Genetics and Biochemistry that make me a strong candidate for the position.... [tags: Genetics, DNA, Molecular biology, Evolution]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Theory into Practice Plan, Implementation, Evaluation The purpose of this paper is to provide an introduction, purpose, and rational for selecting a nursing theory. I will describe the theory by identifying the purpose, concepts/definitions, relationships/structure, and assumptions. I will use the Chinn & Kramer evaluation criteria to critique this chosen theory. Finally I will describe a plan for implementing the theory into my practice setting, identifying any barriers and challenges. Introduction and Rationale for Theory In order to effectively guide practice, it is essential that nurses understand and critique different theories to evaluate them for use in practice.... [tags: Nursing ]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- Career Planning The evaluation of competencies regarding career planning includes assessing the comprehension of the individual nurse has in regards to their position, the future goals of the nurse, what it will require to meet that goal. Understanding these three components are needed to have a career plan that will pave the way for attaining the goal (AACN, 2006). As a Director of Medical Management, my responsibilities fall into three main categories including clinical oversight, compliance and financial accountability.... [tags: Nurse, Nursing, Florence Nightingale]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- This is to reflect on my experience and skills gained during a 7th week clinical placement. I was designated to join social care with Alzheimer's Scotland. In order to sign off my oar (ongoing achievement record), I need to demonstrate how to meet residents with imperative needs in connections to continence care and promotion of hand washing in the placement area. My learning outcomes needs to achieve and demonstrate by activity, and sign off by my mentor and able to discuss achievement of the skills.... [tags: clinical placement, alzheimer, patients]
1118 words (3.2 pages)