Thelma decided to leave the hospital setting and further her career as public health nurse. She works for Visiting Service Nurse of New York. Visiting Service Nurse of New York is one of the oldest community health agencies that exist. It started as a result of the “Henry Street Settlement” which was “Founded in 1893 by social work and public health pioneer Lillian Wald and based on Manhattan 's Lower East Side, Henry Street Se...
... middle of paper ...
...alth aid happened to be there and she asked her questions regarding his ambulation. Thelma mentioned that she was going to follow up with the physical therapist. She cleansed his wound with normal saline and dressing changes. She completed her paperwork in her car and it was sent to her supervisor electronically.
I think her job reminded me why I want to become a nurse. I can see the difference in care provided in a hospital setting opposed to a home setting. I think this form of care is more intimate and reminds me why I should go in this field. It seems like she has one of the best jobs in the world because you work independently and make your own schedule and you work at your own pace. You don’t have someone constantly looking over your shoulder.
She mentioned that uses the National Nurse Act and the American Nursing Association to guide her practice.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- PURPOSE BACKGROUND Universiti Teknologi MARA Universiti Teknologi MARA or UiTM, established in 1956. UITM can be considered as the largest university in the Malaysia with a main campus, three cable campuses, 12 branch campuses, six city campuses, 25 affiliated campuses and a smart campus for the future. Presently, the Shah Alam campus is host to 45% of the total 100,000 students. Information system management(ISM) is the one of the course that offered by Universiti Teknologi MARA.ISM is the study of people, technology, organizations and the relationships among them.... [tags: university evaluation and comparison]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- The University of Illinois (UI) Hospital is a government, non- federal state hospital with over 100 years of history. It started back in 1882, when students started attending the College of Physician and Surgeon of Chicago. In 1917, the University of Illinois and the Illinois Department of Public Welfare came to an agreement to build a Research and Educational Hospital after acquiring the “vacated Chicago Cubs park located at Polk and Wolcott” (“The University of Illinois (UI) Hospital”, 2016). Since the mental institute were so close to the cub’s field patients were able to enjoy and cheer each game.... [tags: Patient, Hospital, Health care, Safety]
1468 words (4.2 pages)
- Robertson Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH), which is the flagship of Robert Wood Johnson Health System, is a large non-profit hospital with 965-beds located in New Brunswick and Somerville in Central New Jersey (Robertwood Johnson University Hospital, n.d). It has been ranked among the best hospital in the nation, as well as, with several specialties, and the best place to work by other publications (Robertwood Johnson University Hospital, n.d). Their mission of improving health and well-being to its patients stands out in the communities it serves (Robertwood Johnson University Hospital, n.d).... [tags: Hospital, Medicine, Health care, Physician]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Developing an Evaluation Plan “Evaluation plan is the systematic collection of information about the activities, characteristics, and outcomes of program, services, policy, or processes, in order to make judgments about the program/process, improve effectiveness, and/or inform decisions about future development” (Bowen, 2012, p.12). So developing evaluation an plan is crucial in this project because this will tell the what the impact of physical activities has on the elderly patients with or without Alzheimer`s disease and the actual changes that need implementation.... [tags: Evaluation, Assessment]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- University Hospital is located in Augusta-Richmond Country region. They help ensure their patients will have quality medical services. They have a main hospital, Heart and Vascular Institute, treatment centers, and private practice physicians. They also have a secondary smaller site located in McDuffie County. University knows your health care doesn’t end at the door to the hospital. They recognize the need to serve the community closer to home. Marketing has a huge impact for University Hospital.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing plan, Marketing strategy]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- The University of Illinois (UI) Hospitals has a history over 100 years. In 1882, students started attending the College of Physician and Surgeon of Chicago. In 1917, the University of Illinois and the Illinois Department of Public Welfare came to an agreement to build a Research and Educational Hospital after acquiring the “vacated Chicago Cubs park located at Polk and Wolcott” (Wikipedia). Patients at the mental institute were able to enjoy and cheer during the game. In 1941, beginning of the Neuropsychiatric Institution and which is a world leader in Neuroscience and 2011 cure for Sickle Cell was discovered.... [tags: Patient, Health care, Hospital, Safety]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- A1. Nightingale Community hospital is preparing for audit with joint commission, and it’s going to prepare an action plan to recent finding in the tracer patient. This tracer patient is one kind of method where by you select one patient care and track from the admission to discharge, the organization is able to review the system and determine whether the care provided to the patient is meeting the joint commission standard quality of care. There are several error identified by the tracer patient during the survey conducted at Nightingale Community Hospital.... [tags: Hospital, Patient, Joint Commission, Physician]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Valerie D. Brooks was appointed CEO at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. She is the first African American woman to ever hold this title. The trials and tribulations of Valerie D. Brooks made her the strong woman she is today. As a result, The Thomas Jefferson University Hospital would like to welcome Mrs. Valerie D. Brooks to our hospital. She brings her expertise in the medical field. Valerie has worked for two top notch hospitals in the Philadelphia area, such as Temple University Hospital and The University of Pennsylvania Hospital.... [tags: Hospital, Valerie D. Brooks, CEO, managers,]
615 words (1.8 pages)
- The screen process for volunteer work at Brookdale took a week. The screening process consisted of a credit and criminal background test, an interview, and a drug test. I would have thought I was applying for a paid position. Volunteers also have to write a paragraph on why you would like to be a volunteer and your volunteer experience. I know the screen process is important, because it protect the rights and the safety of senior residents, so I was more than will to complete the process. On May 28th, 2016, I and five other volunteers showed up at Brookdale Lake Arlington nursing home and assistant living community.... [tags: Nursing home, Nursing, Care of residents]
704 words (2 pages)
- Business Evaluation of Hospital “With the foundation and commitment of our spiritual heritage and values, our mission is to promote the heath and well-being of the people in the communities we serve through a comprehensive continuum of services provides in collaboration with the partners who share the same vision and values.” This mission statement explains the goal and purpose of Faith Community Hospital. Unfortunately, it seems that a large number of employees either forget the meaning of the mission statement or have made their own.... [tags: Business Marketing Essays]
1627 words (4.6 pages)