In the creation of a leadership development program for a firm, it must have genuine vision and clear, achievable goals that align with a business strategy (Donnelly, 2010). To be an effective global leader, there are some goals of development which will ensure that the global leadership concerns for the future are handled as required. The goals include developing new business models to aid in coping with expansion that may arises from globalization, powering growth which results from globalization through increasing productivity, and coming up with new ideas to handle the increased growth in the economy.
The various action steps involves brainstorming to come up with business models, increasing productivity by increasing the number of employees, and increasing product varieties to handle the increased growth. The actions steps related to and build to one another because they ensure that business cope with the existing global changes in a positive manner.
The elements of the actions steps are clearly defined since each goal is aligned with the action step that ensures it is attained. They also have measurable outcomes for example increasing the number of employees will definitely increase the amount of workload done an in turn increased productivity. All of the elements of the action plan can also be achieved such as increasing the number of employees involves the act of employing new individuals.
The progress of each step can be evaluated through the filling of questionnaires at the end of every step to ensure that the desirable results are achieved. If the results are not achieved, the whole procedure could be repeated. There are several future concerns which have to be taken into consideration as it goes hand i...
... middle of paper ...
...nges in developing the leaders required to run global organizations. (George, 2012) In preparing to do this paper I took the Global Leadership Inventory found in the appendix (A) of this paper to see how well prepared I was to be a global leader. The results are include at the end (Appendix B). I would suggest giving all leaders an assessment similar to this one to see how well prepared the person are to be a leader. If the results are not to your liking I would recommend that the company develop a plan to train them in the areas that they are weak and help strengthen them to become a global leader. The program could range from two to six months of education and hands on training. The lead by example has taken on a whole new meaning and has caused leaders to step up their game in order to help the future leaders to grow and become ready to fill their shoes.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A leader can be understood as someone that other people follow. He should have a high degree of influence on others and the ability to organize a group of people to achieve a common goal. Leadership skills involve: traits, behavior, vision, values, charisma, and intelligence. Leadership includes many steps such as: having a clear vision and being able to share it effectively with the followers. Also, providing the tools and information needed to achieve that vision. As a founder of a leadership firm named Bob Mason said:” Leadership is simply causing other people to do what the leaders want.... [tags: Leasership Essays]
1084 words (3.1 pages)
- The principal is the leader of the school. The sole responsibility of the principal is to provide a safe, orderly and conducive environment where teachers can teach and students can learn. In addition, the principal must be able to empower staff to assist in decision-making and he/she must be supportive in these efforts. Based on my knowledge, skills and experiences as an educational leader, leading and managing individuals is an area of strength. There are a number of leadership attributes leaders should possess and exhibit to be effective leaders.... [tags: Teacher, Education, Learning, Skill]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- I am a firm believer in the cliché that the best time to find a job is when you have a job. Considering that no job is forever, it is a wise investment that individuals take action to increase their chances to land a new job, even if it is not believed that you need one currently. There are many tips that can assist individual competitiveness when the next job transition comes. I have always engaged in managing my career, whether I am looking for a new job or not. Like organizations under an OD program, I am under continuous self-renewal.... [tags: Leadership, Employment, Better, Management]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- This purpose of this research study is to develop a leadership development plan (LDP). There are three sections in the development of LDP. The first section is called “Effective Leadership Overview/Summary.” This begins with an overview of an effective leadership which includes theories and relationship and network building. Communication is also essential in leadership and active listening is a technique that will be addressed. Leaders need followers to be leaders they must have the skills in leading; some of these skills to be covered are career planning, honesty, and have integrity.... [tags: Leadership, Communication, Leadership development]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- The servant leader is deeply rooted in the study of leadership theory. The very basic premise of leadership was derived from the ideology of a servant leader. Ethical, servant, spiritual and authentic leadership can have a profound impact on the lives of subordinates and the destiny of an organization. A true servant leader can be found in any institution, from the military to the smallest industries in the private sector. The heart and spirit of a servant leader has the capacity to drive an organization to new heights with the potential to surpass the outlook of said organization’s vision.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Servant leadership]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- Exemplary Leader: Indra Nooyi The foundation for developing an effective diversity management program relies on leadership commitment and the CEO should communicate the organization’s position on diversity management and his or her sincere belief in the importance of diversity (Cañas & Sondak, 2010). Indra Nooyi, the current Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo, is a leader who demonstrates a strong passion for managing diversity. In this paper I will be discussing Indra Nooyi’s personal and professional background, the status of diversity within PepsiCo before her role as CEO, the leadership philosophy on managing diversity Indra Nooyi has taken, the strategies she has used to implement diversity ma... [tags: Business]
1893 words (5.4 pages)
- Brief Information about the leader/interview As a part of my requirement in my course Personal and Team Effectiveness in Health and Social Care, our tutor asked us to write a reflective summary on an interview with a leader. I interviewed Jeffrey Quina, who’s a House Leader/Acting Service Coordinator at Spectrum Care Trust Board for 9 months. I chose to interview Mr. Quina because for me, he is effective and competent leader in the said organization. Back in the Philippines, he was a batch president in college for 4 years.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Health care]
1939 words (5.5 pages)
- Industry Leader. Alexander Mann Solutions is currently an industry leader in Europe and would like to retain this title in the Americas, precisely in the United States. According to Pearce & Robinson (p.192, 2011), firms most often measure their success in the marketplace through the advantage they have over the competition. This advantage is not only viewed by measuring sales and market shares, but also through technology. With the constant change in technology, Alexander Mann Solutions always strive to be innovative in the delivery of their services.... [tags: Strategic management, Strategic planning]
1179 words (3.4 pages)
- Leadership is the ability of a person to influence other people to perform certain tasks or behave in a certain manner in order to achieve a certain goal. A good leader should thus assess the different situations to determine what approach to get desired things done. Effective leaders are not usually born; they are made. This means no one is automatically a leader even with formal authority; learning how to deal with followers is what makes an effective leader. Any organization or group requires good leadership to succeed in achieving its goals.... [tags: Different Styles of Leadership]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- The style of leadership used by managers should depend upon the type of staff within a company. Different situations require different approaches and skills. It is wrong to say that there is one best style of leadership which can be applied in conjunction with all subordinates. Mullins seventh edition text book defines leadership as ‘a relationship through which one person influences the behaviour or actions of other people’. Boot et al (1977) refers to it as ‘one of the most fundamental aspects of management.’ The proof that there is no one best style of leadership lies with the number of leadership theories which exist in today’s society.... [tags: Leadership]
805 words (2.3 pages)