Advancements in technology allow communication to be more efficient and more reliable. Websites have been designed that are based on social interaction and businesses are getting involved online to connect with their consumers through this Internet site. These websites are called, social media, and it offers a way for consumers to network by sharing content that is accessed online. An article from the California Management Review defines social media as, “the way in which people interact to create, share, and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks” (Katona, 2014). Social media is popular right now and able to grow in bigger and better things, businesses are taking advantage by using these websites for online marketing. Marketing that is posted through the Internet and uses social media is known as social media marketing. Advertising and promoting products this way has many advantages and disadvantages. This form of marketing can help the business by being cost efficient by creating free pages on social media and offering cheap advertising. The Internet is a global based system allowing social interaction to help promotes the business from the users. It is able to be interactivity, allowing to be more connected with the users and social media can target the market to specific people by providing better customer service. The disadvantages are it is time intensive, there are possible copyright issues, privacy problems, user-generated content, and negative feedbacks. As technology continues to enhance the way we communicate, Social Media marketing has a positive and negative effect on businesses on how they promote their products.
Social media marketing is extremely benefic...
... middle of paper ...
...keeping the consumers happy. The marketers must work quick and able to respond rapidly to keep the business on a positive note. In her article, Sundar tells that studies show that when business increase levels of interactivity can lead to more positive attitudes and higher reviews to the page (2011). Being able to quickly respond to the customer gives a more personable feel for the customers to have with the company. Normally to communicate with a company consumer must email or write a letter, but now with social media marketing to communicate with a company is as easy as posting a tweet on Twitter.
Facebook and twitter as well target their audience towards country, gender, age, and interests. Social media give information to the marketers to target the audience of what they are trying to promote. On social media when personal interests and what friends enjoy will
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Results Task 1: Analysis of Scholarly Journals and Articles on the Topic of Social Media Marketing The analysis of the scholarly articles and journals provided a large amount of information on social media itself and the effectiveness of using it as a marketing strategy. In the article “From Social to Sale”, the authors’ findings indicate that television advertising and e-mail marketing have a positive effect on consumer spending (Kumar, Ashish, et al). They also found that consumers with greater privacy concerns are less likely to participate in a company’s social media site.... [tags: Social media, Marketing, Facebook]
813 words (2.3 pages)
- Photographs, infographics, and other types of visual content seem to be the latest trend in social media marketing, which is great because they are a lot of fun to create.However, you can’t post just any old picture to Instagram and expect to become an overnight sensation. Gaining followers and getting likes and comments on Instagram often proves just as difficult as it is on any other social media network. In this article, we provide you with 8 tips that will help you get the most out of your Instagram posts, based on the recent research conducted by Dan Zarrella of HubSpot.... [tags: Social media, Social media marketing, Comment]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- Introduction Using social media to market an organisation has become more common and integral to a success of a brand, product, and company. Social media strategies are used by many organisations, but how do you know if they are successful and worth your time and money. A social media’s success can be tracked quantifiable using metrics (Gold). There are hundreds of social media and web metrics that can be used to determine if a social media campaign is successful, but a few are key and should be monitored at all times (Chitwood).... [tags: technology, social media]
1834 words (5.2 pages)
- Widely adopted by the general public then by companies, the Internet fast imposed itself to become the archetypal media in terms of communication and search for information in all the domains today, and it is true whatever is the position of each in the society. With the development of the Web 2.0 which made Internet participative, the Internet users are now capable of expressing themselves, interacting, and giving their opinion onto everything (products, services, brands, companies, cultural property) and on everybody, via multiple platforms on Internet.... [tags: Social Network Marketing]
3156 words (9 pages)
- According to Statista, “In 2016, 78 percent of U.S. Americans had a social media profile, representing a five percent growth compared to the previous year.” Currently, most individuals are familiar with and known to have at least one social media site. Social media has affected society in mostly positive ways. Social sites are used for connecting with people who are, for example, residing in different countries, different time zones, or even just different cities. Social sites have enhanced the process of spreading news from one point to another.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, World, Earth]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- Peer-To-Peer Marketing: Social Media “Given that teens now spend so many hours surfing the Web, and far fewer hours watching television than previous generations, it’s not surprising that intense peer-to-peer promoting has emerged and flowered online” (Quart 39). These words of Alissa Quart from Branded: The Buying and Selling of Teenagers perfectly describe the evolution of marketing, which is now known as social media marketing. Social media is an electronic communication system in which people create online communities to share information, personal messages, and other content.... [tags: Social media, Social network service, Facebook]
1744 words (5 pages)
- Some businesses, such as those in the fashion or cropping and harvesting industries, rely on the seasons for certain product sales. When the seasons change business owner, or their hired marketers, have to make adjustments to the market plan. The strategy used in this process is referred to as a seasonal marketing strategy. In retrospect the four seasons are of course spring, summer, fall, and winter. Seasonal marketing should be in sync with the seasons. Sure each season holds a significant holiday, but seasonal marketing is not always based on those holidays (Wagner).... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Business]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- Effective marketing has been an essential aspect of business tactics. The appropriate methods of marketing, consumer behavior, and effectiveness of marketing were all involved in business policies. Growth and the ability to with stand fluctuating economies were critical elements of business planning as well. This chapter will discuss the history of business marketing, the methods of business marketing, consumer behaviors, and the effectiveness of business marketing to stimulate progression. History of Marketing The title of the article was Origins of marketing thought in Britain by Brian Jones and Mark Tadajewski.... [tags: Marketing, Business, Marketing strategy, Consumer]
1996 words (5.7 pages)
- Technology is everywhere. From the first pot of coffee to setting our alarm clocks for the next day, it permeates every moment of our waking lives and, in many cases, becomes a deeply personal part of our day. Social media has only deepened this link into our personal space, and this fact of modern day life has not been lost on marketing experts. As such, they increasingly target social media to communicate their offerings to the public. As different as this frontier is from the traditional avenues of print, television, and radio, some believe that a different message will work better in social media than in other marketing communication channels.... [tags: marketing/business strategies/tools]
1647 words (4.7 pages)
- Social media marketing The form of marketing that provides a global-scale interaction between the business and its stakeholders and customers through the virtual networks and communities, is called social media marketing. With the help of social technologies nowadays, the information is spread without boundaries and the content constraints. People want to share and exchange their experience and knowledge online, which marketers see as an outstanding opportunity to build relationships with their consumers and to increase awareness about their businesses to the larger scale.... [tags: Company, Marketing Strategy]
1181 words (3.4 pages)