Studies show that polar bears have been listed as a threatened species in the United States. With the survival and preservation of polar bears being considered an urgent and serious issue. Polar bears symbolize the Endangered Species Act. This act is designed to defend certain species from future extinction, “consequence of economic growth and development untempered by adequate concern and conservation”. Given the current status of environmental issues and oil and gas businesses steadily moving towards the homes of polar bears. There is plentiful reason to stabilize the environment, not only the environment but regulating which type of businesses should be allowed. “On the bases of projected loses of their essential sea-ice habitats, a United States Geological Survey research team concluded in 20...
... middle of paper ...
...ghly consequences. Overall, the stop of putting these endangered species out of risk is up to us, and the choices we make because the polar bears are the ones that have to deal with the consequences. Make your choice on creating a better life and save a bear!
Adler, Jonathan H. "An Animal To Save The World." New Atlantis: A Journal Of Technology & Society 21.(2008): 111-115. Academic Search Complete. Web. 24 Apr. 2014.
Amstrup, S. C., DeWeaver, E. T., Douglas, D. C., Marcot, B. G., Durner, G. M., Bitz, C. M., & Bailey, D. A. (2010). Greenhouse gas mitigation can reduce sea-ice loss and increase polar bear persistence. Nature, 468(7326), 955-958. doi:10.1038/nature09653
Kazlowski, Steven. The Last Polar Bear. Seattle: The Mountaineers Books, 2008. Print.
Lindahl, Kai C. Let Them Live. New York: William Morrow & Company, Inc, 1972. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The melting of arctic ice and spread of the ice water caused by global warming will lead to the rise of sea level. People like Maldives islanders will hopelessly lose their homes and countries when sea water horribly overflows and covers all the land if global warming is not prevented. With the information provided by Environment news service, “In the Lunana region of Bhutan on October 7, 1994, the glacial lake Luggye Tsho burst. The ensuing GLOF, which contained an estimated 18 million cubic meters of water, debris and trees, swept downstream killing more than 20 people, and traveled over 204 kilometers” (Lorenz).... [tags: global warming, environmental issues]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- ... Global warming is destroying the polar bear habitat. Global warming is caused by humans but we are not making an effort to fix it. A lot of humans still do not even know what global warming is and should be aware of this issue. The main cause of global warming is humans; we should solution for this concern. The ringed seal is the polar bear’s best source of food. The reduction of ice is causing the seal population to reduce and it is causing the bears to face starvation. The reduction of food supply is a key to polar bear deaths.... [tags: hunting, climate change]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- Did you know that endangered animals represent natural diversity. 800 animals a year become extinct. Animals are becoming endangered because the animals are not getting enough help and support. Endangered animals need to be saved because the animals are important. Animals represent the nation and the citizens. The animals need to be saved because they are so rare and valuable to the nation. Endangered animals need to be saved because the endangered animals are valuable to scientists and the economy.... [tags: save, nation, economy, scientists]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Could you imagine a world without tigers, the giant panda, or the rhinoceros. What a paler place it would be. Astonishing amounts of animals are considered critically endangered and near extinction. If we would like these animals to be around for future generations, we cannot hesitate in our efforts to help them. Rhinoceros - Sadly, the White, Black and Javan rhinoceros are all on the critically endangered list. The Indonesian Javan Rhino is in particularly bad shape with having less than 60 of their kind left in the world.... [tags: Conservation]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- We are supposed to be good stewards of this earth while we are still living on it. God gave us this planet to inhabit and have dominion over everything on and in it. That means that we are responsible for keeping it clean, for protecting it from harm or depletion and we have to preserve and replenish the earth. It is sad to say but humans have played their part in deteriorating the earth. We have polluted and killed the very thing that takes care of us. If you ride by any lake or river you find trash and debris around it.... [tags: Ecology ]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- ... By 2080 much of the houses on the coast will be flooded. This could endanger many people, plants and animals on the coast. In other parts of the world, there has been less precipitation. That means that there will be less water in the soil so some plants may can’t grow, and the animals will not have any water to drink. Humans play a big part of the list of endangered species. One way they have brault animals from other countries, and there were some frogs that were brought from Africa. The African frogs brought a fungal which kill many American frog because they have never been exposed to it before.... [tags: environmental issues]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- ... Some of the reasons for overpopulation can be giving up problematic or even old, sick pets, and continuing to over-produce pets through breeding and the lack of neutering or spaying. Many people think animals in shelters are pets that have been disowned. Disowning a pet could be due to it’s inability to behave or maybe even that you thought you had the time to care for it but really didn’t. This isn’t an outrageous claim, because about 70 percent of people end up disowning or abandoning their pets (“Animal Overpopulation”).... [tags: overpopulation in animal shelters]
1633 words (4.7 pages)
- Humans are depleting the earth’s natural resources. We are using our resources at an unsustainable rate. One of our greatest resources is now beginning to deplete because of our growing population. This resource provides for us food, climate regulation, economy, transportation, and medicine. This very valuable resource is the ocean. By over fishing, certain fishing practices, marine pollution and habitat destruction we are diminishing our most valuable natural resource. The ocean provides for us many valuable resources we cannot replace, therefore we need to make a change.... [tags: Over Fishing, Pollution, Destruction]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- Imagine a place where you walk outside and see no animals. No squirrels digging holes for their nuts they are trying to harvest for the winter. No birds chirping while they gather twigs and straw to make a nest for their eggs or feed their little ones. Imagine yourself in the fidget cold Antarctica. Without a polar bear hunting for the nearest seal to become their lunch. Not hearing the howl of a snow wolf at the large full moon. Imagine yourself swimming in the ocean where there is no wildlife.... [tags: Ocean, Marine biology, Animal, Oceanography]
1405 words (4 pages)
- “Save the Animals: Stop Animal Testing” In our society there has been many heated debates about animal testing. Many people feel as if animal testing is very important to science, it helps us figure out different things about the body and also helps us in psychology, helping us discover how the brain works. Other people, including the author of this article, Heather Dunnuck, believes that animal testing is cruel and unnecessary. In the article “Save the Animals: Stop Animal Testing” she uses all Ethos, Pathos and Logos.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- A Similar Life Within A Story: Eveline by James Joyce
- Performance Enhancing Drugs in Professional Sports
- Richard Avedon: An Influencial American Photographer
- The Application of Aluminium in Automobile Sector
- Gender Equity Influences in HIV Infection in South Africa
- Does Popular Music Remain Popular?