Being very adaptive, “cats can live in almost any environment where humans are present. Individuals move between domestic situations and a feral existence, often with intermediate commensal relationships with humans,” and this shows that humans are responsible for introducing cats into the wild, and therefore it is humans’ responsibility to take them back out (Duffy 182-184). However, before discussion occurs about dealing with the feral cat problem, it is necessary to first establish why exactly this problem is of any importance. People don’t typically associate cats with environmental threats or dangers, and this ignorance is part of the reason feral cats are growing to become such a problem in the first place. What people need to know is that cats have “become a formidable predator of small animals, with especially de...
... middle of paper ...
...n Birds and Nature Lovers." 0734-7456 (2007): n. pag. USA Today. 30 Nov.
2007. Web. 17 Oct. 2013.
“Feral Felines.” Chronicle of Philanthropy 19.20 (2007). ebscohost. Web. 18. Oct. 2013.
Levy, Julie K. “Contraceptive Vaccines for the Humane Control of Community Cat Populations.”
American Journal of Reproductive Immunology 66.1 (2011). ebscohost. Web. 11 Oct.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Animal testing has been the primary source of testing for diseases, as well as for finding treatments for many years. Often times, these animals are given different medications in various doses without a thought that they are living, breathing creatures just like humans. The end result is usually a small break in medicine and a large number of innocent animals losing their lives. Animal experimentation should not be allowed because the way animals are treated is inhumane, the experiments are wasteful and unreliable, and there are other alternatives that do not harm animals.... [tags: animal testing, animal dealers, animals]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Job Analysis Prior to any job being created, an analysis must be conducted. Thus, the completion of this analysis will provide the employer and employees with the significant aspects that are attributed to the creation of the respective job. Some of the significant aspects that the analysis would include are, but not limited, the essential functions (tasks) of the job, to the tools and resources required to perform the job, and its working conditions. All in all, this job analysis’ goal is to elucidate the ideal candidate for the job from the employer’s perspective through the two criteria: job description and person (job) specification.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Job description]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Feral Cats in San Francisco Bay There was an unforgettable experience with a cat on the stress. After I got off the bus and toward my aunt’s house, a cat came up to me. It was the first time happen to me that a cat was very affectionate to me. And it persistently rubbed against my legs. I was a little scared, and I did not know what to do because it looked different from the common cats that I saw. I stood a while and looked at the cat. A few minutes later, I continued walked toward my aunt’s house, and I saw the cat followed me for a block.... [tags: Cat, Cats, Invasive animal species, Predation]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- The City of Charlotte’s city manager, Curt Walton’s idea to implement a new initiative for city departments greatly benefits the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS). Mr. Walton’s determination that the city will no longer run the business provides CATS with an opportunity to address communication issues within the department. Mr. Walton’s initiative, which promotes a collaborative work environment, should result in improved communications between divisions. Ms. Flowers recognize the benefits of executing the city managers initiative.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
2004 words (5.7 pages)
- Service Description and Situational Analysis C&T Learning is a literacy educational program designed to help children who are below their expected reading levels, for example a 5th grader who reads at a 2nd grade level. C&T Learning will provide a comprehensive learning analysis and approach to the ongoing problem continuing facing some children. The program includes, music, physical education, English, reading, writing, and math. C&T learning will follow an academic curriculum based on current trends to personal lifestyle of the children by encouraging them to read at home, and parents will be playing a critical role in achieving their goal of having every child reading at or above grade... [tags: Business Analysis]
1226 words (3.5 pages)
- Characteristics of Magical Realism in If Dinosaurs Were Cats And Dogs "If Dinosaurs Were Cats And Dogs" is a short story written by Colin McNaughton. "If Dinosaurs were Cats And Dogs" was published in 1981. It is classified under the fantastic sublime. However, based on the analysis of "If Dinosaurs were Cats And Dogs" one would believe that magical realism is a genre of the sublime. While reading "If Dinosaurs Were Cats And Dogs", one comes upon the illustrations in the book. Through out all of the illustrations, the people are on a smaller scale then the animals.... [tags: Dinosaurs Were Cats And Dogs Essays]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- Flea Control for Dogs and Cats Many Americans have a four-legged member of their family in their home. Most people deal with housebreaking problems, pet hair on furniture, and an occasional broken lamp because all the friendly welcomes home outweigh these minor problems. When the weather begins to get warmer, these pet owners begin to cringe with the thought of spring. It can only mean one thing; flea season and the circus of giving flea baths and dips is about to start. But in the past few years, there has been a break through in scientific technology allowing both owners and pets to rest easier.... [tags: Pets Dogs Cats Essays]
416 words (1.2 pages)
- As the year 1776 began in the American colonies, tension with King George III’s England was at perhaps an all-time high. Americans were frustrated with the actions of their rulers overseas. Taxes and trade restrictions had been placed on them, and British and mercenary soldiers occupied their towns and cities. There had even been fighting at Lexington, Concord, and Bunker Hill. As America grew, England’s hold on it tightened, and a few voices began speaking of independence. The loudest and most convincing of these belonged to Thomas Paine, born in England and living in Philadelphia. His pamphlet, Common Sense, expressed the argument for American independence in a way no one had before... [tags: Common Sense]
1679 words (4.8 pages)
- Your chance of surviving a fall of 50 feet (approximately 4 stories) is about 50%, while almost no one who falls 6 stories will be around to tell their tale. However, in a study conducted by Manhattan veterinarians, Drs. Wayne Whitney and Cheryl Mehlhaff, it was discovered that out of 115 cases of cats falling (accidentally) from multi-story heights, 90% of them survived. An even more surprising result is that if a cat falls from more than 7 stories its chance of survival doubles, compared to a cat having fallen from 2 to 7 stories (a story averages about 12 feet).... [tags: physics cat cats fall land feet]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- Cats All cats, from jungle cats to house cats, belong to the cat family, Felidae, order Carnivora. The cat family, Felidae, order Carnivora, contains about 36 species that are usually grouped into two to four genera, depending on the classification system used. According to one common system, four genera exist: Panthera (jaguar, leopard , lion, tiger), Neofelis (clouded leopard), Acinomyx (cheetah), and Felis (puma, lynx, and smaller cats such as the domestic cat, Pallas's cat, and the wildcat).... [tags: Papers]
407 words (1.2 pages)
- The Natural History of Whale Sharks
- Possible Early Experiences of Domestic Violence
- How Case Study Guidelines Could Aid us for Placing a Theoretical Approach
- Women: The Expendable Commodity of Gilead
- Hulamin Limited Supply Chain Management
- Best Accounting Principles Observed by the Top 5 Firms in the Philippines