The Company offers an assortment of apparel and accessories for men and women under the American Eagle Outfitters brand, and intimates, apparel and personal care products for women under the Aerie brand. They started selling mountain hiking gear, but switched over to popular apparel.
American Eagle is a multi-plant firm and is horizontally integrated because they get the materials, then make the final product, then sell the product.
They have realty for their stores. They have the land and the campus. Their six main resources are polyester, rubber, denim, cotton, synthetic leather, and leather. They need workers. They need technology and machinery. They also have to have land for their factory along with the building of their factory.
American Eagle Outfitters is mainly known for their jeans. Their skinny jeans are said to be one of the best fitting jeans out there because of their stretchy material.The price is higher than the average market price which creates a surplus. Quantity supplied is higher than quantity demanded.
American Eagle Outfitters in 1977, positioning it as a proprietor of brand-name leisure apparel, footwear, as well as accessories for men and women, emphasizing merchandise suited for outdoor sports, such as hiking, mountain climbing, and camping. Stores were set up in shopping malls and a catalog was established. The chain grew for much of the 1980s. In 1989, t...
... middle of paper ...
...ket range vary even more. They advertise their company as being superior to other companies because of their quality. Their known for quality clothes and accessories. Everybody loves quality. American Eagle main idea is to have the newest and hip style.
The total net income for American Eagle Outfitters for the year ended on 1/30/2016 was $218,138. Last year, American Eagle Outfitters net income was $80,322. Obviously, this shows a gain of 137,816 in just a year.
American Eagle has come out with many new types of jeans. They now have a variety of materials and styles to fit everyone’s personal needs or wants. Yes, it’s a short run because they applied larger amounts of labor and materials to their plant to create the jeans.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- American Eagle Outfitters SWOT Analysis The Silverman family first founded American Eagle Outfitters in 1977. They operated specialty clothing stores under the name Retail Ventures. In 1980 the Silverman’s encountered financial troubles when the Schottenstein family bought out 50% of the Retail Ventures. In 1991 the Schottenstein family bought the rest of Retail Ventures and opened 153 American Eagle Outfitters. By late 2000 the company had introduced 46 new stores in Canada. American Eagle had approximately $2 million in annual sales in 2003 and now operates over 800 stores in the United States and Canada (http://www.hoovers.com/american-eagle-outfitters/--ID__17231--/free-co-factsheet.xh... [tags: American Eagle Business Essays]
1692 words (4.8 pages)
- As a teenaged girl or young adult, you want to dress to impress. Models on the television and in magazines wear outfits that you wish you could own. The young, beautiful, blonde-headed model makes it seem like you are not pretty enough to wear these outfits. In the Cosmopolitan advertisement for an American Eagle Outfitters jean jacket, the blonde-headed woman is wearing the jacket. On one half of the ad, the woman is standing near water with a fence between the two. The waters location is beside the city.... [tags: Adolescence, Young adult, Woman, Denim]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- In 1782, the bald eagle was declared the national bird of the United States. That did not prevent the decline of the bald eagle population across the nation, starting in the late 1800s and going into the late 1900s. The bald eagle population had two major periods of decline before they began to recover in Nebraska and across the nation. To begin, a general overview and history of the bald eagle in the United States. Bald eagles were originally found in every state excluding Hawaii, and nested in 45 of the lower 48 states.... [tags: Bald Eagle, Eagle, Golden Eagle]
1626 words (4.6 pages)
- In “Eagle Plain”, by Robert Francis, the poem dramatizes the conflict between the nation’s “non-ideal” character traits and the “ideal.” Francis’ poem is also structured to have one main theme per two stanzas for a total of three: self-esteem, pride, and honor. The speaker then uses the “eagle” to symbolize the ideal American trait and uses personification and metaphors to help bring the eagle’s character traits to life, the poem also has an alternate allegorical meaning. The poem starts with the speaker saying, “The American eagle is not aware he is; the American eagle” (Stanza 1), to show that the eagle is confident with who he is.... [tags: Bald Eagle, Eagle, Poetry, Meaning of life]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- Since the 1970’s Urban Outfitters INC. has produced a wide selection of clothing brands for the younger generation. Urban Outfitters INC. includes Free People, BHLDN, Anthropologie, Terrain and Urban Outfitters. The beginning of Urban Outfitters INC. started out in Philadelphia for college students, their fun loving affordable clothing appealed to students who were living under a college budget. It’s known for its “hipster” and “free thinking” clothing that would appeal to the younger generation.... [tags: brands, sales, bed-bug ]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Today, many people have the feeling of being trapped in their daily lives. They want to wander and explore what the world has to offer. The more and more magazines they page through, the more they feel they are not living the live they should be. They want to be like the models and movie stars in the ads they read. Although, many women think they want to be free, maybe it is just a false hope. This ad encourages women to buy American Eagle jeans by promoting a sense of freedom to wander; however, the overcast skies and fearful expression on the actress give off a feeling that wandering too far can leave her lost and alone—which preys on women’s anxieties of being alone and suggests that wand... [tags: Gender role, Gender]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- Sears Holdings Corporation is an American holding headquartered in Hoffman Estates, IL. is the parental company of retail brands, Sears and Kmart. It was formed after the merging of Kmart Holdings Corporation and Sears, Roebuck and Co. Besides the Sears and Kmart, the Sears Holdings also own the brands Craftman, Kenmore and DieHard. It has 3,472 retail locations under the operating of Sears, Kmart, and other subsidiaries. The businesses of Sears Holdings cover retail, home services, auto centers, pharmacies etc.... [tags: Sears Holdings Corporation, Kmart]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- PROBLEMS: The People lack DEEP KNOWLEDGE: With a gross cut in the number staff of about 200,000 as a result of noticeable decline in performance, IBM 's control continued to wane around 1990s. IBM reported its first huge loss in 1990; its income declined by 74.8% toward the end of the year. Resultantly IBM was relegated to 45th place in the Forbes records. IBM woes further deepened as a result of the promoters’ denial of the fact that their income and reputation were on the dwindling trend. Another factor responsible for the downward trend of IBM around this time is the incursion of new IT companies, Microsoft Corporation and Intel Corporation.... [tags: Corporate governance, Corporation, Management]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- During a protest on November 4th, 1979, a group of radical Iranian college students who were angered by medical aid given to a former ruler attacked and overtook the American Embassy located in Tehran, Iran. During this attack, 63 Americans were taken hostage and several weeks later the students released 10 hostages. Then another hostage became sick and was released later, leaving 52 American hostages. This was the beginning of series of events that would ultimately lead to a public embarrassment of the United States.... [tags: Medical Aid, American Hostages, Rescue]
2305 words (6.6 pages)
- I chose the American bald eagle because it is one of the fastest and strongest species of eagles. It is the national symbol. The Congress adopted it as the national symbol in 1782. I think it was adopted as the national bird of the United States because the Roman soldiers used the eagle as a symbol of courage and power. In the early 1800's, Americans called the Bald Eagle, the American eagle. Here is some of the biology of the Bald Eagle. Bald Eagles do a very good job at their part in the food web.... [tags: essays research papers]
612 words (1.7 pages)