The pit bull stereotype is that pit bulls are mean aggressive and ruthless dogs. They are said to have ‘lock jaw’ and other crazy stereotypes. There are many myths to the pit bull and some though seem real are also false. Yes pit bulls have atta...
... middle of paper ...
...many problems out there for all breeds of dogs. Like stated earlier in the argument, owning a pit bull may not be someone’s first choice but for others it is. It is all a matter of opinion, if a responsible pet owner wants to own a pit from the time it is a puppy then I don’t see the harm. Same with adopting an older one, if you know the background of the dog then it should be fine. Pit bulls are dogs just like all the other ones out there and they should be treated the same as well.
Ryan, D. 2010. Canine Agression frequently asked questions. Association of pet behaviour
counselors. Retrieved from http://www.apbc.org.uk
Bastian, J. 2012. How did pitbulls get such a bad rap. Dog behavior. Retrieved from
Hiding the truth. 2011. The American Pitbull Terrier. Common Myths about Pitbulls. Retrieved from http://www.hidingthetruth.com
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- American Pit Bull Terrier, with a firm muscular body prepared to attack at any moment; jaws of steel that have a death grip, and a bark just as intimidating as their appearance would make anyone terrified of this breed. With the media so fixated on the Pit Bull breed, these dogs have been given a reputation of being aggressive and vicious. They are never reported on the respectable acts they do. The consequence of the media’s excessive enthusiasm, and numerous reported dog bites, have some states sense they are a danger to the community and have banned the breed.... [tags: American Pit Bull Terrier, Dogs, Breed]
1662 words (4.7 pages)
- If you were told a story about a woman who was mauled so viciously by a dog that she had to undergo the world’s first face transplant. What breed would initially come to your mind. If you said a Pit Bull, you are among the majority, but you would be wrong. It was a Labrador retriever, which is currently the most popular breed of dog in the United States, and among the top ten in several other countries according to the UKC (Dorsey 4). Why do you think so many people would assume it was a Pit Bull.... [tags: Animal Research ]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- These two breeds, the Boxer and the American Staffordshire Terrier are a great fit to family life. It been said that dog is man's best friend, and because of this, it makes them great companions. For instance, when an owner tells his dog that he is a good boy, the dog happily wags its tail. Then, there are those times when an owner has to discipline his or her dog; it creeps away with that sad puppy dog look. The Boxer, and the American Staffordshire Terrier; have some similarities, but are different in many ways as to their ancestry, appearance, and health.... [tags: Dogs]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- What makes these two dogs so similar is that they are two of the top most popular breeds here in the United States. It has been said that dogs is man's best friend, and because of this, it makes them great companions. These two breeds, the Boxer and the American Staffordshire terrier fit very easily into family life. When an owner tells his dog that he is a good boy, the dog happily wags its tail. Then, there are those times when an owner has to discipline his dog, the dog, then creeps away with that sad puppy dog look on its face.... [tags: Animal Research ]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- Never Mind the Dog Beware of the Owner The American Pit Bull Terrier is a good breed of dogs that has earned its popularity throughout the world. The Pit bull is well known to be a loyal, brave and a very good companion to its owner. However, caution should be taken to avoid these terriers from getting into the hands of unethical owners. According to the United Kennel Club (UKC), the standard for the American Pit Bull Terrier is a dog that is square and powerful with a blocky head, prominent cheeks and jaw, taut, and muscular body.... [tags: Animals Dogs Pit Bull Terrier essays papers]
578 words (1.7 pages)
Is the American Pit-bull Breed an Excessively Vicious Breed or Are They Just Misunderstood by Today’s Standards?
- Introduction When you see a pit bull dog walking down the street on a leash, what is the first thing that goes through your mind. For some, it is a great sense of anxiety, panic and fear, for others it is the thought that this amazing, beautiful breed is misunderstood. Have you ever stopped and thought about if the pit bull breed is really a vicious breed, or are they just misjudged due to the repute that others have given them along with the many myths that are attached to them. What about the owners of these beloved animals.... [tags: violent dog breeds]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- The world seems to believe that the American Pit Bull Terrier is a vicious breed of dog, violent and ruthless by nature, and that they should be treated as such. However, what if this stereotype about the pit bull that modern society bases their opinions off of, is an improper representation of the breed. The pit bull faces much hatred and neglect in this day and age, but in their prime, the pit bull was considered to be the perfect dog. Although bred for physique and stature that was perfect in the dog-fighting world, the pit bull grew in popularity and became high demand as a man’s best friend.... [tags: bread, bulldog, ruthless]
1784 words (5.1 pages)
- There are breeds that can be classified as outlaws. How can that be. It is like judging a book by its cover, and is not that frowned upon. Society has gone so far with this that there are even laws banning pit bulls in certain counties. Fines have been put in place and outrageous insurance policies must be purchased simply to own a dog. A dog is just that, a dog, until someone comes along and makes it into a monster. A dog may be bred to do something and can be trained to do an entirely different thing.... [tags: dogs, breeds, pit bull reputation]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- Managing Pit Bull Terriers Queensland premier, Peter Beattie says "having a Pit Bull Terrier is like having a loaded gun in your house," this is wrong. It is the bad owners of these dogs that should be held accountable to the destructive behavior of these breeds. Nobody can deny that Pit Bull terriers don't have a bad reputation but that doesn't mean the breed should be eliminated. It is the decent dogs of the breed that are being wrongly accused for the actions of other dogs.... [tags: Papers]
521 words (1.5 pages)
- My Pit Bull I. Pit bulls are outlawed in Miami-Dade County because of their vicious nature. A. In 1990, the American Pit Bull Terrier was outlawed in Miami Dade County. B. There are many reasons why we fear this particular breed and one reason is because we fear what we do not understand. C. The pit bull dogs are outlawed in Miami Dade County because of the inbred susceptibility to attack other animals, and because of the danger posed to humans. II. One stereo type of pit bulls is that they are mean and vicious.... [tags: cause and effect]
1378 words (3.9 pages)