There I was, in the common of East anchorage high school. The wonderful lady that took us to the school to sign my older brother up said “what would you like to do, since you are thirteen you can sign up in high school too or finish middle school”. My though was simple “why not kill two birds with one stone”. At that time I had no idea how that choice would affect my high school career both positively and negatively.
. Although I had just been accepted into a prestigious “lycee” in Senegal, I was more than happy to trade my acceptance with a share of the American dream. Three months after my arrival, my inspiring high school journey began. To me, my course placements were all big mistakes and which many of my teachers noticed. As soon as a month into my ELS classes (English as Second Language), my English teacher decided after an analysis of my performances that the material that she was teaching was elementary, and she sent me to another class. That class, although still filled with immigrants, was slightly tougher since those immigrant...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Northwest Cabarrus Middle Today Northwest Cabarrus Middle is one of seven middle schools in Cabarrus County, it is one of the oldest middle schools in the county. It was built in the early eighties. During the 2015-2016 school year Northwest Cabarrus Middle had a total enrollment of eight hundred thirty-nine students. Of those eight hundred thirty-nine, four hundred thirty were males and four hundred nine were females. Northwest Cabarrus Middle school demographics are as follows; four hundred twenty seven white students, two hundred six black students, one hundred fifty-one Hispanic students, the remaining fifty four students are multi-racial, Asian or American Indian.... [tags: High school, Secondary school]
1051 words (3 pages)
- I chose two locations that appear drastically different, but are close to each other in terms of location. At only five and one half miles apart, there is a high likelihood these different classes will pass each other on the street while driving, and occupy the same line at the grocery store in which they share proximity. The difference between the neighborhoods is vast both in person or looking at a map. I will attempt to use income based method to describe the stratification. The first site is a newer area to the east of McKay Lake in Westminster, Colorado.... [tags: High school, Middle school]
1843 words (5.3 pages)
- Women and Education in the Middle East Religion and Sociocultural Changes in gender roles and expectations is helping give women in the Middle East and America the opportunity for equal education. When researching women’s education in the Middle East one can compare it to the early stages of education in the Colony American (although not as serve as the women in Middle Eastern Counties) Women in the Middle East still do not have the same opportunities as the men in their countries however since the 1970’s it is becoming a little more accepted for a women to receive and education.... [tags: Middle East, North Africa, Asia, Near East]
700 words (2 pages)
- Located along the east bank of the Red River across from Shreveport in Northwest Louisiana, is the Bossier Parish School District. Bossier Parish is one of the top schools districts in Louisiana, servicing over 21,800 students. Bossier Parish makes it a priority to stay on top of the technology needs of all their schools, teachers, and students. Leading them through the technological forest is Bill Allred, Director of Technology for Bossier Parish. Mr. Allred has served many roles in the parish over the last 30 years.... [tags: High school, School, Teacher]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- 41 Ren Wei Temple Ren Wei Temple was located on the north side of the East Street, separated only by a wall with Carrier Temple. However, its coverage area was two times as Carrier Temple. Although, Carrier Temple was monks meditating, believed Confucianism; but Ren Wei Temple had Abbot superintendent, carried forward Taoism；nevertheless, Jingxiu Nunnery （Um Retreat） was a nun hosting, worshiped Buddhism. Anyway, confucianism, Taoism and Buddhism, three religions stood up, respected for their owners ' master respectively, advocated their owners belief, in the small town for thousand of years in harmony, equality and mutual respect, not to provoke angry, nor draw the sword.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Secondary school]
1332 words (3.8 pages)
- According to statistics, the last 50 years cheating among high school students has risen dramatically. Nowadays, more than 75% of the students are cheating in high schools and colleges. According to the “Academic Cheating Fact Sheet,”“ While 20% of college students admitted to cheating in school during the 1940’s, today between 75% and 98% of college students surveyed each year report having cheated in high school.” Understanding of cheating among students is different. For one person cheating is a lie, but for another it is a way to win or get a good grade, in other words, to get a good job.... [tags: High school, Education, College, Cheating]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- Dougherty Middle School has a dramatic and colorful history. The school was established in September 1960 as East Dougherty Junior High School. The grades in the school included seventh, eighth and ninth. The main reason for the founding of this school was to have a school on the east of the Flint River. This school would also serve the needs of the Turner Air Force Base and the Marine Core Logistics Base communities. Due to segregation at this particular time, the ethnic makeup of the school was all Caucasians.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Secondary school]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- As a writer, I have come across a wide variety of rhetorical situations for which I have written. In first and second grade, when I had absolutely no idea what rhetoric was, I would write letters to Santa and ask for the coolest new “Hot Wheels,” and when I had matured a whole lot more by fourth grade, the Roboraptor. By high school, I was writing all types of essays for the AP exam graders, who didn’t seem to like my writing that much, but what’s a high school student to do about it. To be honest, I really didn’t like it that much, either.... [tags: Writing, High school, Middle school]
1522 words (4.3 pages)
- For most of the delinquent students got caught from their slightly misbehaving act for the first few times is not really a problem. What they don’t know about is that there is a program that can literarily handle even the most delinquent student must also bow down in surrender. The program is called “Weekend School”, also known for many students as “Hellish Torture School.” It was considered the most terrible and awful program and most students were afraid of. Because they believe that if they get into the weekend school, they have only one percent chance of survive.... [tags: Education, High school, School, Teacher]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- If you go to East Africa for a holiday, you will rarely miss someone in the middle of road absent-mindedly chewing miraa. How can a human being chew that many dry leaves like a goat. Nevertheless, it is a kind of leisure, a fun or a means of entertainment for most of the people out there. Mirra is a type of stimulant herb that grows in East Africa. It mainly grows in Somalia, Kenya and Ethiopia. The funny thing about it is once it gets into you. You get into a plane and visit imaginary places.... [tags: mirra, East Africa, ]
608 words (1.7 pages)