ERP: R2, 999
If you are one of the people who are not convinced by multi-core processors and are adamant that no program needs more than two cores, then you should stop reading right about now. However if you’re one that embraces technology, be it beneficial now or in the future, 2010 has to be one of the best years in CPU technology in a long time. AMD and Intel have both introduced six core CPUs and both of them have been met with some excitement, rightfully so because six cores are really better than four.
No surprises then that AMD has brought out their first six core part, following several months after AMD introduced the Magny Cours (Istanbul) 12 core server CPU. This CPU internally was made up of two six core dies, and as such it would have been a painless process to produce a CPU with just a single six core die. AMD has done exactly that and what we end up with is half a Magny Cours CPU or, as we like to refer to it, the best thing to come out of AMD in recent history.
While it is true that not many programs right now are able to take advantage of more than four threads at any given time, it’s good to have them for those programs that are multi threaded which are increasingly becoming more common.
Before we take a look at the CPU itself and its performance, it is worth noting that this CPU was manufactured at Globalfoundries, which is going to be AMD’s primary manufacturing facility for both CPUs and GPUs going forward. The new Thuban core may still be manufactured on the older 45nm node, however several improvements have been made to the manufacturing process and proof of this is how, despite having two additional cores, the total TDP has remain...
... middle of paper ...
... on the X6.
Overall, this CPU presents even greater value for the power user than the Phenom II X4 did. Not only is it faster, it runs cooler, has Turbo Core technology, is highly overclockable and has an incredible price. There isn’t much more a CPU can be for the price and we couldn’t have asked for much more. If there was ever a time to truly go the AMD route for power users and overdclockers, this would be it, as AMD has managed to produce their best work since the advent of the Athlon64.
Reviewer: Neo Sibeko
Award: Yes [Hardware]
Bottom line: The 1090T is the best performing and most exciting thing to happen to the AM3 platform since its advent.
Low NB Speed
Core: 45nm Thuban (x6)
Cache: 9MB Total (6MB L3)
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Black Boy (American Hunger) Review The “Black Boy” book by Richard Wright explains both the evident and dangerous effects of racial discrimination in the Southern United States during 1920s. By reading this book, readers can clearly learn about horrible ways African Americans were treated by whites, how only limited employment and educational opportunities were available for them and Christianity role played in black’s life. In chapter one, Richard learns to hate at the very early age when his father leaves family for another woman.... [tags: Black people, Racism, White people, Race]
711 words (2 pages)
- Seffrin Article Review The intention of this review is to give an overview of the article “Alcohol Use Among Black and White Adolescents: Exploring the Influence of Interracial Friendship, the Racial Composition of Peer Groups, and Communities” by Patrick Seffrin. This article looked at racial segregation, peer group compositions, and other social norms in the context of differential association in order to explain the factors that may contribute to the consumption of alcohol between black and white adolescents.... [tags: Black people, Race, Race, White people]
1415 words (4 pages)
- It is amazing how a seemingly educated woman that has won Oscar awards for her documentaries, could possibly be so far off base in her review of the Disney movie “The Lion King”. Margaret Lazarus has taken a movie made for the entertainment of children and turned it into something that is racist, sexist and stereotypes gender roles. She uses many personal arguments to review the movie but offers few solutions. The author is well organized but she lacks alternate points of view and does not use adequate sources.... [tags: Film Review]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- Sins of a Solar Empire Review Sins of a Solar Empire is a very special game to me purely because it is the first RTS game in a very long time that had made me spend 3 days in a row (9 hours each day) just to play 1 single skirmish against 1 normal AI and feel very good about myself when I finally managed to crush my enemy with a diversionary tactics followed by a bombardment of fire from a Novalith cannon. But I shall return to this later in more detail later on. Sins of a Solar Empire is a 4X game developed by Ironclad and published by Stardock.... [tags: Game Review]
1973 words (5.6 pages)
- The Pirate Charles Review January 23rd, 2010 Black Bart King of the Caribbean Pirates would be proud of his piracy progeny. Sea fairing bandits in the form of a folk band would have entertained the ruthless brigand with Celtic songs drinking the night away with a cup a tea. The prolific pioneer who clutched onto vessel after vessel affirmed his campaign against the world and anyone who sailed in his way; The Pirate Charles [TPC] takes another approach. One can fly their freak flag or a pirate flag and be accepted nonetheless.... [tags: Music Review]
1033 words (3 pages)
- Threatre Review of Woman in Black The play I will be reviewing is called the Woman in Black, adapted by Stephen Mallatratt from the novel by Susan Hill. I viewed it on September the 17th at the Fortune Theatre in London. The Woman in Black is a Gothic ghost/horror story set around the Victorian period in which Eel Marsh House surveys the windswept reaches of the salt marshes beyond Nine Lives Causeway. Arthur Kipps (Brian Miller), a junior solicitor, is summoned to attend the funeral of Mrs Alice Drablow, the house's sole inhabitant, unaware of the tragic secrets that lie hidden behind the shuttered windows.... [tags: Papers]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- The Woman in Black Review Upon the arrival in London my anticipation was high. My first impression of the Fortune Theatre was; it was a very old Victorian building, very small and slightly ragged. Upon entering it felt very cramped and made you feel claustrophobic. The atmosphere was eerie due to the old style of the building. This was particularly effective as the play was set in the Victorian period. This made you feel as if you were in the past. Also the narrow staircase and small seating area created effect.... [tags: Drama]
1981 words (5.7 pages)
- Review of The Black Death The Black Death discusses the causes and results of the plague that devastated medieval Europe. It focuses on the many effects it had on the culture of medieval Europe and the possibility that it expedited cultural change. I found that Robert S. Gottfried had two main theses in the book. He argued that rodent and insect life cycles, as well as the changing of weather systems affect plague. He claimed that the devastation plague causes is partly due to its perpetual recurrences.... [tags: Papers]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- 1- Samsung Review In an effort to review Samsung ln32b360, I found several points that are very good about the product. It has one of the best picture qualities I have ever seen - the only better quality comes from being there in person. Externally it is stylish with a black frame that fits in extremely well with my black, white and chrome decor in the family room. The attractive oval stand swivels to make the screen easy to view from any part of the room, and the keys and buttons on the remote control are different colors and sizes for ease of use.... [tags: Product Review]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Journal Review of Tourism Management Editors and their Backgrounds Tourism Management: Editor: Chris Ryan, Department of tourism Management, University of Waikato, Management School, New Zealand Associate Editor: Stephen Page, Scottish Enterprise Forth Valley Chair in Tourism, Department of Marketing, University of Stirling, Scotland North American Editor: Alastair Morri... [tags: Article Magazine Review Analysis]
1469 words (4.2 pages)