Mattel was established in 1948, designing toys for children worldwide (Mattel, n.d.). One of their most famous toys was Barbie. Barbie was originally launched in 1959 and became an instant hit (Barbie, n.d.). Today, sales of the dolls and merchandise total more than $1.5 billion annually, making Barbie the most successful branded toy in history. More than a billion dolls have been sold since 1959. Different versions of the doll have been introduced to reflect the world 's diverse population. However, as the world changed, Matte...
... middle of paper ...
...egy, one cannot ignore the importance of online sales. There might be an opportunity to develop an online subscription program for book enthusiast related to a specific genre such as: children’s books; mysteries; or autobiographies. I currently subscribe to Birchbox. I pay $10 per month to get a box of sample beauty products sent to me monthly. Before receiving my monthly subscription I often have the opportunity to choose an item in my box, upgrade my box, or choose a special celebrity endorsed box. I receive Youtube video links explaining the exciting products coming to me and I can rate the products, order the products, or make other changes very easily through my online account. This is just one example of a multitude of companies currently offering subscription type services. With some slight alterations a program could be developed to accommodate our customers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cloud Computing 1. Cloud Computing Defined Cloud computing is defined to be the use of computer programs and applications, to access information, storage, that is not stored locally on a computer’s hard drive, but rather over the Internet. There are five defining characteristics to cloud computing. Cloud computing allows users to have almost no interaction with the service provider. For example, when we use Google Drive, a web application similar to Microsoft Office, we can do so without ever having to contact the service provider, Google.... [tags: Cloud Computing Defined, Computer Programs]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- Amazon is a major electronic commerce and cloud computing company. It is the largest internet based retailer in the world in terms of sales. Jeff Bezos funded Amazon in July 5th 1994. Amazon was rated as the largest internet company as of November 2014. Amazon started off as an online bookstore and slowly expanded its business in various other fields within e-commerce and now is a well-known brand over the world. The online commerce market is increasing in a rapid rate and building intensive competition.... [tags: Amazon.com, Online shopping, Electronic commerce]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- Technology is definitely the driving force in our world today. All it takes is one look around a room to see someone either on a tablet or smartphone, but how does technology impact business and what trends are there in the information technology field. Currently, cloud computing is one of the most talked about trends in the IT field and for good reason. The cloud gives unprecedented amount of the way a business is run from accounting systems all the way to process control. What is even greater is the impact it has on the global economy.... [tags: financial reports with real time numbers]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- They are profusion of services when we look on the consumer sites traffic around on the world. People used to rely on this services in their day to day activities and this became even worse when smartphones became handy to the people. Cloud-based applications are now gaining large momentum and when we see the present situation we observe the fact developing a simple game or an application by a company tries to build it up on a cloud. This may be fascinating but according to Evans Data Corporation: “there are more than 18 million software developers worldwide yet less than 25 percent are developing for the cloud today.... [tags: Cloud computing, Everything as a service, Google]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- An upgrade to cloud technology over the United States will potentially affect its workplace. It will lead to an increase in job creation all over the world, mostly due to its implementation at various institutions and companies globally and via many other services that will emerge to enhance or regulate this technology. In comparison to the initial machined technology, cloud computing offers instant delivery, simple & customizable usage, easy accessibility, cost reduction, thus increasing efficiency and demand and its wide range of acceptability.... [tags: Cloud Technology, United States, Job Creation]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- Amazon has been growing steadily but their year-over-year revenue has been decreasing since last five years and not all of their investments are turning a profit like pets.com & livingsocial.com ("Year-over-year revenue growth: Amazon & eBay 2015 | Statistic," 2016). Some of the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead of Amazon are growing competition from other online retailers as well as brick-n-mortar retailers shifting focus towards online shopping experience as discussed above. Brick and mortar stores like Walmart, Target and BestBuy are built upon the concept of convenience for consumers where they can get their hands on the products instantly.... [tags: Amazon.com, Online shopping, Amazon Web Services]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction The information technology industry is growing at a rapid pace. Every business entity needs some form of IT support to ensure that business operations are continuously running. As an entity grows in size and revenue, the information system needed to support the entity needs to grow as well. Some businesses may not have enough resources to accommodate this expansion. Their building may be too small or they cannot afford to purchase the equipment. When this is the case, an organization will choose to migrate their network infrastructure to a cloud computing environment.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1622 words (4.6 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Cloud computing has boost a large amount of interest in the IT industry. The market research and analysis firm IDC suggests that the market for cloud computing services was $16bn in 2008 and will rise to $42bn/year by 2012 (Chhabra, Verma & Taneja, 2010) .The era of cloud computing introduces a new dimension for Enterprises. The academia and research worlds have developed a keen interest into challenges and issues introduced by this relatively new concept (Sriram & Khajeh-Hosseini, 2009).... [tags: Information Technology, Data, Security]
2060 words (5.9 pages)
- Cloud computing is a technology that has come full-circle in recent years. Computer equipment used to be too expensive for an average individual to own. The original industry model was a computer mainframe with dummy terminals. This fit the technical definition of Cloud Computing in a primitive sense because all data was stored and accessed from the mainframe. With the advent of the microprocessor, MS-DOS and Windows, hardware and software prices dropped and computers became commonplace in businesses and homes.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1972 words (5.6 pages)
- The new way of the world for more web software development is the set of applications of cloud based API. Governments and private sector organizations are trying to streamline operations as they expand their footprints. The new technologies are already cost efficiencies in infrastructure facilities like never before. Equally important, a number of new technological innovations now help us to re-imagine the efficiency and optimization of infrastructure and services in general. The biggest impact of this is visible in the area of smart cities, which is transforming the provision of management services and energy and utilities.... [tags: Services, Benefits]
1201 words (3.4 pages)