Most people today are fairly used to purchasing things online. I remember a few years ago when my father ordered his first DVD online. He was so nervous, thinking someone was going to steal his credit card information or that his shipment would arrive broken or inaccurate. I can almost remember the look on his face when his shipment not only arrived on time but in perfect condition. Since then it has been a breeze for my father, as well as myself, to purchase online. I personally buy everything from books to tablets online. Not ironically, the topic of our case study is my favorite company to purchase from online: Amazon.
Main Issue Statement
Amazon has come up with an innovative way to manager their online retailing, order fulfillment, and cloud services through their unique use of information systems that we all should learn from.
Amazon as a company is committed to providing the most products to their customers in the quickest time possible. This is proven possible by their countless infrastructures for storing material as well as their servers. Their collaboration with other companies to lease their infrastructure when it is not in use as well as use the Amazon information technology to then sell that companies product has also proven to benefit their business. They have also experimented and evolved into more than just a retailer and distributor. They started out as only an online bookstore and evolved over time into the biggest online retailer. At one time, they even experimented with auctions but it never seemed to catch on. Amazon utilizes technological innovations “From Amazon 1-Click, which dramatically speeds up the ordering process, to Recommendations, which determines customers’ interests by e...
... middle of paper ...
...ou would need abstract thinking and system thinking as well as collaboration skills to work for Amazon. You would probably also need excellent written, organizational, and computer skills too. Amazon more than likely hires people with those skills already, or they look for people with the potential to learn those skills and then Amazon in turn makes an investment in them. Or so I hope. They can’t grow as a company unless they complete the cycle of information systems and utilize all five parts. I imagine that they do just that with all of their innovative techniques and their prosperity so far.
No company is perfect, but Amazon seems to have developed a near perfect information system for their business that has not only kept them going but also helped them prosper and grow as a company. They are a prime example of what companies should strive to be.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Amazon is a growing and trending brand, giving consumers the unique shopping experience they have always wanted. The company that was started by 1999 man of the year, Jeff Bezos, has taken 44 percent market share in online sales and purchases. (http://bloomreach.com/2015/10/survey-amazon-is-burying-the-competiton-in-search/) That makes consumers more inclined to search for products through Amazon, before the well-known search engine powerhouse, Google. The Seattle, Washington based company was started in 1995.... [tags: Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com, Online shopping]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Value Chain Analysis Technology has played a huge role in how companies today conduct business with their consumers. Over the past few decades there has been a shift in business models and strategies because of the emerging innovation in technology. One of these innovation are e-commerce, businesses that use e-commerce can now see a major difference in sales and revenue. Amazon has taken the idea of e-commerce and turned it into a successful and profitable business. Amazon Company developed a brilliant strategy for emerging into an already competitive market.... [tags: business models and strategies]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- Amazon and Its CEO Abstract Jeffrey Bezos is the Chief Executive Officer of Amazon.com. The CEO of all companies is the top manager that a board of directors votes for to run the corporation. (Business Essentials, 2005, p. 525) I buy movies and television shows from Amazon.com all the time and download them onto my computer. For example, my favorite television show is Prison Break and sometimes I miss an episode. If this happens than I can just go to Amazon.com and purchase any episode I want as long as it has already aired.... [tags: Business Analysis Management CEO]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Books are one of the most widely known, used, and oldest form of story-telling in human history. They are defined as “a volume of many sheets bound together, containing text, graphics, or music” (Book), but today, books are also contained in electronic forms ranging from simulated pages to audio files with no pages to speak of. E-books allow those without storage space or the time to head to the bookstore to own an entire library in their hands, and audio books has allowed the blind to read without needing a physical book in their hands and those with long commutes and little free-time to enjoy their favorite books without dropping the task at hand.... [tags: E-book, Amazon Kindle, Blindness]
1350 words (3.9 pages)
- Summary: The year is coming to an end and Christmas is just around the corners. There are a number of shopping apps which are getting quite popular at the moment. This article would be showcasing 5 of the best shopping apps through the following lines. Time is nearing to smell the freshly baked plum cakes and hang the mistletoes and stockings at every corner of the room. Now is also the time when mobile phone app developer are burning the midnight oil to come up with the latest apps which would be illuminating our smart devices during the Holiday seasons.... [tags: Amazon, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Macy's]
697 words (2 pages)
- Sports; friendly competitions that date even before the Olympics. Traditionally, these sports are activities like boxing, discus, wrestling, soccer and basketball. However, there might be a few new activities joining that list; League of Legends, Dota 2, StarCraft II, and Call of Duty. A few popular videogames that currently have described as Electronic sports these names. Electronic sports, or more commonly known as eSports, is a term used to describe to describe organized electronic game competitions.... [tags: Coca-Cola, The Coca-Cola Company, Sport]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Martin Luther King Jr. house that he had grew up in which is in Atlanta, Georgia. If you would ever like to visit the house it is free to get in. They made his house into a museum with the history of him inside. The house is very touching when your there in the house it’s like you’re walking in his foot prints you can see lots of pictures of him and his family. I actually got to sit in the chair that Martin sat in. Also got to see the life, and listen to the good words of Martin Luther King Jr.... [tags: coca cola company, civil rights activist]
582 words (1.7 pages)
- Amazon has been growing steadily but their year-over-year revenue has been decreasing since last five years and not all of their investments are turning a profit like pets.com & livingsocial.com ("Year-over-year revenue growth: Amazon & eBay 2015 | Statistic," 2016). Some of the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead of Amazon are growing competition from other online retailers as well as brick-n-mortar retailers shifting focus towards online shopping experience as discussed above. Brick and mortar stores like Walmart, Target and BestBuy are built upon the concept of convenience for consumers where they can get their hands on the products instantly.... [tags: Amazon.com, Online shopping, Amazon Web Services]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- The Amazon quadruplets It was the season of Lent. The country’s trees, flora were drenched thoroughly as it was drizzling, but were placid, as usual. But the colossal Amazon Manor was about to ramshackle because of Mrs. Amazon’s treble cries… and the cries were snowballing. Her face was sopping and sodden with tears. But the Amazon Quadruplets seemed trance of the transparent, traumatic news- their indispensable, more than wealthy father was trapped in his own, huge shopping complex. It was hijacked, by some unscrupulous people, which was obvious.... [tags: iner painting, hazel amazon]
2030 words (5.8 pages)
- Morals of Ode on the Death of a Favorite Cat (Favourite) It is very difficult to understand what a writer mean when they write a poem, because you have to get in to a frame of mind that you think the writer was in when they composed the poem. In the Ode on the Death of a Favourite Cat, Drowned in a Tub of Gold Fishes, Thomas Gray uses a cat and fish to teach a moral. In the Ode on the Death of a Favourite Cat, Drowned in a Tub of Gold Fishes the setting was set in the first stanza. The poem gave you an idea that it took place in a very nice house that had a large china vase, that held water, also it give the allusion that in this vase were flowers and fish.... [tags: Ode to the Death of a Favorite Cat Essays]
662 words (1.9 pages)