It is hard for me to analyze this question scientifically because Amanda and Schelbee’s friendship is nothing like most adolescent’s friendships. Nevertheless, I believe that the reason that they both never experienced any issues solving their problems was because they both have two completely different personalities that seem to complement each other quite nicely. Schelbee tends to have a more go-with-the-flow type personality and Amanda’s is at the other end of the spectrum. So when they are arguing, Amanda usually expresses her anger in various ways, and Schelbee just accepts it, and then after a few minutes Schelbee will begin talking to Amanda like nothing ever happened, and before you know it, they have both forgotten their problems and are “just living their life,” as Amanda would say.
Q. How do your friends influence you? How do you handle situations where your friends want y...
... middle of paper ...
...m about concerns that they have or even about bullying that may be happening to them. Professionals could hold a workshop for parents that explains the developmental changes that their adolescent is soon to face, and then give them advice on how to talk to them about the changes before they happen. These professionals would be explaining the developmental changes in a more in-depth way than what most parents’ know about the changes that puberty brings. The final piece of advice that I have is that all schools get involved with Challenge Day, because the topic of puberty and bullying were brought up, and many children were delighted to find out that they were not the only ones who feel a certain way about the changes that are happening to their body. Also, Challenge Day helps students in a school become closer with their classmates and create more secure friendships.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- On the night of November 1st 2007 in Peruglia Italy, Meredith Kercher was murdered by being stabbed in the neck. Kercher’s roommate, Amanda Knox had returned home on the morning of November 2nd, from spending the night with her boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito. Later, Knox returned to Sollecito’s apartment and explained that she had observed small speckles of blood in the bathroom, the front door ajar, and Kerchers bedroom door locked. Kercher’s body was found half naked, and under a duvet after police broke down the door to Kercher’s bedroom.... [tags: Amanda Knox Essays]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- I would define friendship as complete trust and love between two people. Many people believe that this kind of behavior is reciprocated between two individuals without any expectations. A friend is someone who also provides you with support and whom you can rely on to celebrate special moments with. A friend also comes with many great attributes; such as loyalty, honesty, compassion, trust, and morality. Today’s friend is viewed as someone who shares happiness, common values, history, and equality with another.... [tags: Friendship, Virtue, Interpersonal relationship]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
- Friendship has evolved into a whole new abstract that not everyone can understand. With the technological advancements that we humans rely on so much, friendship has morphed into digital pixels that are released throughout the internet, rather than a one on one physical interaction. Does this mean that man has now created a new flaw in social interaction. Well not really, in fact the digital and physical are connected in more ways than one may think. Friendship. What does is it mean exactly. This is a question that has intrigued philosophers for many centuries, and I honestly do not think it is a question that can be answered.... [tags: Friendship, Sociology, Love]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Friendship is central to one’s life because friends it can contribute towards shaping someone’s personality as well contribute to who we want to be in the contemporary society. Aristotle agreed in his Book VIII of the "Nichomachean Ethics" that friendship exists in three broader forms: friendship based on utility, that based on a shared appreciation of the good, and that based on pleasure (Percival, 2015). Similarly, Cicero, the Roman philosopher who lived in a different time and place, contended in his writing that "On Friendship": "Let us, then, lay down this law for friendship: we must not ask wrongful things, nor do them, if we are asked to" (Mews, 2009).... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- Friendships is a distinctively personal relationship that is grounded in a concern on the role of each individual for the benefit of the other, for other’s sake, which involves some degree of intimacy. Aristotle evaluates the question of whether friendships should or should not be broken off when the other individual changes a sense of personality. Friendship is impossible when there is too great a gap between people and often two friends will grow apart if one becomes more virtuous than the other.... [tags: Friendship, Virtue, Nicomachean Ethics]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- Friendships are as strong and as delicate as glass, they can survive a lifetime of use but all it takes is one fatal fall for it to be shattered forever. Sometimes people stay in a friendship long after they have been shattered by it, this is when the glass takes on a new complex. Miss matched pieces fit together imperfectly and everything looks distorted when you look through it. One person is hurting and the other hasn’t noticed a change. Our friendship had always been a bit one sided but, it took a long time for me to realize that wasn 't because of me.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- The human survival is based on friendship. From the highest authority to the lowest bums living on the streets all of them have experienced in some way or the other one of these different kinds of friendships. We take this friendship for granted because it is something that exists naturally in society and most of us never really have to actually go out into the world looking for a friend. Those of us who have had to live in a foreign country or in new surroundings have learned how important this is in life.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
506 words (1.4 pages)
- Friendship I jumped into my bed, exhausted from my late-night babysitting job. It was past midnight, and I was looking forward to sleeping since I had to get up for work in about eight hours. Normally, I would have pulled my big, fluffy down comforter up to my chin right away, but my body felt as if it were on fire with fever. A bad cold had hit me, just as it always does during the mid-spring season. I could hardly breathe, and my head was pounding. I tossed and turned until I finally fell asleep about an hour later.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- Everyone is affected by certain events or individuals that greatly change their life. Many people have influenced me during my 21 years of my life, but I believe that the person that has influenced my life the most is a wonderful girl by the name of Lindsay Schiller. In the year that I have known her, she has become one of my best friends, and has helped to transform me from a lonely computer nerd into a happy college student with a decent social life. Popular wisdom has it that, "You judge a man by his friends." Earlier in my life, that would have been difficult, because my father was a high school football coach, and it seemed as though every year I was moving to a new s... [tags: Friendship Essay]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Friends "Friends have a unique loyalty to one another. This loyalty comes not through a sense of duty in the way one may show loyalty to family, kinsfolk or country. Theirs is born out of love, trust and respect. Nurtured on care and understanding. A perfect loyalty that will survive every hardship and endure the rigorous test of time." --Stuart and Linda Macfarlane-- The Love Between Friends, a Helen Exley gift book Friends, some are just acquaintances, others I truly care about. A select few of my friends have become like brothers and sisters.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1409 words (4 pages)