There are several solutions to my project. One of them is just to keep current system. Current system has been used for more than a decade, and has worked. It provides enough detailed information about student’s attendance. Main advantage of the current system is that it is cheap in the short term. There is no need to invest more money in to the system therefore it can be cost saving. However, it is neither flexible nor efficient. It cannot produce ad-hoc reports right away, it has to be done manually if wanted to which would consume a lot of time. In addition it cannot provide as much detailed report as alternative solutions.
Another solution is having a spread sheet, where teachers would type in number of minutes late into a class ready template. Spread sheet have good capabilities in calculations, however do not have all features require. Spread sheet software is most appropriate for financial or statistical analysis due to it’s formulas and functions built in. However, spread sheet software are not suitable for storing vast amount of data and day-to-day data. It does not have good search facilities nor ability to create ad-hoc reports.
On other hand, there is database software. Database software allows users hold vast amounts of data such as student’s address, and ability y to search and sort the data as the user desires. It has comprehensive searching ability which reduce amount of time lost searching for a certain record, in reality it is reduce to matter of seconds. Database software have ability to hand complex amount of data in various forms which are interconnect to each other. In other words, each data about student would be in separate document and master file would compile them all into one...
... middle of paper ...
...uire cameras to be looked after or students may just loose their cards. Also teachers may lose their PDAs, which are not cheap. In such as system equipment does not need much care nor can be easily lost.
Even though other systems maybe automated it does not mean that they are easy to use. Users of the systems, administrative may have trouble with managing with the system. For instance they may have problems registering new students, or transferring everyone to the new system.
"Microsoft Office Access 2007 product overview." Microsoft Office Access 2007 product overview. Microsoft Corp., Web. 21 Feb 2010.
“Office Excel 2007 product overview." Office Excel 2007 product overview. Microsoft Corp., Web. 21 Feb 2010.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Alternative Solutions There are several solutions to my project. One of them is just to keep current system. Current system has been used for more than a decade, and has worked. It provides enough detailed information about student’s attendance. Main advantage of the current system is that it is cheap in the short term. There is no need to invest more money in to the system therefore it can be cost saving. However, it is neither flexible nor efficient. It cannot produce ad-hoc reports right away, it has to be done manually if wanted to which would consume a lot of time.... [tags: Technology]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- The target is to stimulate alternative solutions to housing per se, a challenging pro bono project, to identify affordable, acceptable and innovative solutions to the urgent need to lodge the urban poor, using low cost, sustainable design, construction and operation principles. In this essay, we'll look at some unique, eco-friendly alternative housing ideas that provide low-cost urban housing for under-developed nations with high demography. South Africa’s Award-Winning Solution The first qualifying solution came from MMA Architects, in South Africa; their design for a single-family home leveraged the low cost solution by recycling indigenous mud-and-wattle construction methods.... [tags: single-family home, urban poor]
1639 words (4.7 pages)
- Alternative Solutions Computer System Using a computer system would solve a lot of problems. When a customer wants to join the shop bonus club, their information could be added to a special file. All the information would be stored in a database using a program such as "access" in three tables, stock table, customer table, and employee table. This data would be linked Using a HCI like Visual Basic, someone in the company could create an easy way for customers to add their details, amend current details or delete their details if they wanted to stop being a member.... [tags: Computer Science]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- Gasoline and the economy, the impact it has on the society. The current gas prices have a larger impact on consumer spending, however not so much on the percent of gasoline purchased, after all people still have to drive themselves places. (consumer psychologist.com) A major increase in cost will be necessary to lessen the quantity demanded. Gasoline is too costly and harmful to the economy and the environment thereby society needs to find alternative fuels, which best serve, the society. Gasoline and the environment, it contributes to pollution in the air and other effects it has on people.... [tags: Environment, Energy]
2100 words (6 pages)
- Munguia had only a primary school education, and decisions were made by him. Lending through legitimate sources was very tight in Honduras and enterprises like Guajilote did not typically have access to lines of credit. If the populations of the mahogany species continued to decrease, it was possible that mahogany would be given even greater protection. This could include even tighter restrictions on the trade in mahogany or could even result in an outright ban similar to the worldwide ban. Even if they are able to get the trees to process and if they plan to make furniture out of it, they don’t have any highly skilled carpenters or furniture makers in their membership.... [tags: Strategic management, Management, Business]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- Alternative Power Solutions Our society has become reliant upon technology and continues to increase with time. Computers and many other electronic devices are used in the houses and educational applications. These technologies depend on the energy companies to function. The quality of power that the consumer receives is determined by the area that they live. There are many different ways that these companies go about providing energy. The largest form of energy in the United States is coal. Coal is a general term for a wide variety of solid materials that are high in carbon content.... [tags: Technology Electricity Essays]
2524 words (7.2 pages)
- Overview Company E227 Global Solutions is on the move to go green. Company E227 Global Solutions has already even spoken about going green already. Now it’s time for the Company E227 Global Solutions to get the whole idea of going green implemented. Throughout the years Company E227 Global Solutions has not made any efforts toward reducing the company’s carbon footprint on a global scale. Company E227 Global Solutions want to reduce their company’s carbon footprint by 25%. Therefore I generated three ideas for company E227 Global Solutions to reduce their carbon footprint on a global scale by 25%and go green.... [tags: Fossil fuel, Alternative energy, Renewable energy]
1316 words (3.8 pages)
- Who We Are The Business is an alternative health practice driven by an ever-growing market-force interested in natural health and supported by a patient first focus. At the most holistic level, the goal is to effectively listen to those seeking guidance and assistance in a cleaner approach to health while providing a safe, compassionate environment. The Business believes that everyone should have the right to support their beliefs, as such The Business is structured to not only be attentive to those able to pay for service, but to also partner with local community service organizations to fund those without such ability.... [tags: Alternative medicine, Medicine, Ayurveda]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- Of the Complimentary Alternative Therapies (CAMs) available in the U.S. acupuncture and chiropractic manipulation are the most widely accepted (Barnes, Bloom & Nahin, 2007); both having been scientifically validated for the treatment of chronic pain (Bronfort, Haas, Evans, Leininger & Triano, 2010; Vickers, Cronin, Maschino, Lewith, MacPherson, Foster, Sherman, Witt & Linde, 2012). As the medical model tends to reduce chiropractic and traditional Chinese medicine to single therapies: spinal manipulation and acupuncture, respectively, these CAM therapies are viewed as relatively compatible with modern allopathy and therefore, have the potential to integrate well with the medical model.... [tags: Medicine, Alternative medicine, Physician]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- When I decided to write the introduction of my book, my thoughts were what should I write. What would you, as a reader, like to know about how I came up with the idea to write my book. I was writing a short story about my childhood (in the south), before I started writing it, I was excited about recalling memories of it, which I had not thought about in over forty years. The Holy Ghost softly spoke to me within my mind, and told me to stop writing the short story. I was inspired to finish the book that I had started writing about alternative methods (herbal and food based supplements) that have helped me with some of my health problems.... [tags: Alternative medicine, Herbalism, Medicine]
1048 words (3 pages)