Renewable resources are much cleaner and more ecologically friendly than fossil fuels. Renewable sources of energy do not pollute the environment and also do not release toxic carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. During the excavation of oil, coal, and natural gas, environments are disrupted and animals are forced from their habitats. Humans destroy the natural world in a selfish desire to gain a drop of oil in order to power their homes for another moment. Alternative energy sources are much safer for the environment than their fossil fuel counterparts. Global warming, which is claimed to be caused by fossil fuel use, is predicted to cause the sea levels to rise worldwide, according to National Geographic, which has been around over 125 years (Rising Seas).
Renewable energy sources are much more sustainable in terms of human impacts on the environment. Fossil fuel use must be gradually phased out while new renewable fuels are put in t...
... middle of paper ...
"Energy Revolution = Money Saved." Greenpeace International. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 May 2014.
Folger, Tim. "Rising Seas." National Geographic Sept. 2013: 30-48. Web. 22 May 2014.
Haney, Johannah. Nuclear Energy. New York: Marshall Cavendish Benchmark, 2012. Print.
"NewsObserver.com." Retired General Pushes to Free Troops from Fossil Fuel Tether. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 May 2014.
"The End Of Fossil Fuels." - Our Green Energy. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 May 2014.
"When Will We Run Out Of Fossil Fuels?" Eco Info. Web. 20 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Alternative energy sources are renewable, and is most commonly referred to as free energy sources. There are many alternative energy sources such as hydro power, solar power, wind, biomass, and geothermal. Using alternative sources is more expensive in the long run, but it is the much safer option for our environment compared to fossil fuels. Although everything used is completely free, such as water and wind, the equipment used to generate these things are expensive. There are several pros and cons that come with the utilization of alternative energy sources.... [tags: Fossil fuel, Energy development, Wind power]
1058 words (3 pages)
- There are many types of Alternative Energy Sources. The different energy sources are hydro and solar power, wind, biomass and geothermal energy. Throughout the world people don’t recognize that we use every these energy sources day for our own personal use. The energy sources are not only free but they are also renewable. It is a little more costly to use these energy sources, but going green is what’s best for our environment. Using these alternative sources will create fresher air, eliminate over half of the pollution caused by fossil fuels, and protect our earth a lot longer.... [tags: Fossil fuel, Wind power, Solar energy]
1063 words (3 pages)
- In today’s rapidly developing world, vast amounts of energy resources are being utilized at an alarming rate, one which can certainly result in the extinction of our valuable natural resources. Moreover, majority of the energy resources utilized today are non-renewable natural resources like the petroleum products which account for nearly eighty percent of all the energy resources used. Thus, exploring alternative forms of energy so as to decrease our dependency on non-renewable forms of energy and consequently save the environment, has become more important than ever before.... [tags: Alternative Energy, ]
654 words (1.9 pages)
- According to EIA, “Renewable energy accounted for approximately ten percent of total U.S. consumption and thirteen percent of electricity generation in the year 2014.” These alternative energy sources include factors such as wind power, solar power, hydro power, geothermal power, and biomass. These alternative resources provide the Earth with power that is unlimited to the people, and after maintenance as well as building, is basically free. These alternative sources are cleaner for the earth, more cost effective for our economies, and they are not able to be depleted for they are non-renewable sources.... [tags: Wind power, Alternative energy, Fossil fuel]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- The world has relied on the same sources of fuels and delivery systems for at least the past one hundred years. Since the turn of the Industrial Revolution, the world has been dependent on coal, oil, and other natural resources. These sources of fuel have worked fine for the world, until now. At the rate it that these fuels are used the world may one day run out of these precious resources. Our society must prepare now to utilize an alternate source for its fuel. The longer the world waits, the harder it will be to replace these fuels before they run out.... [tags: Energy ]
1852 words (5.3 pages)
- noisy, users too much land is hazardous to birds. Wind power compared to solar energy and other alternative sources still has problems, can be arguing about. Until there are more alternative sources out there and more research on cost for alternative energy sources the use of fossil fuel won’t stop. According to Rinkesh, a clean and green activist, the use of renewable energy sources would reduce the use of fossil fuel, yet it remains to be seen that the use of fossil fuel will continue until it’s realized that things need to change.... [tags: Wind power, Alternative energy, Fossil fuel]
1609 words (4.6 pages)
- Fossil fuels are an important part of life. When you turn on the lights, watch TV, or take a shower, the electricity that you are using is being generated by fossil fuels. The three types of fossil fuels are coal, crude oil, and natural gas. They all take millions of years to form, so they are considered to be “non-renewable”- eventually, the fossil fuels will all be used up. One dangerous biological effect of using fossil fuels is ocean acidification. Extracting and transporting fossil fuels can also be very dangerous.... [tags: Energy]
2001 words (5.7 pages)
- Alternative Energy Sources “In United States around half of million deaths each year are attributed to air pollution. It is estimated that air pollution each day kills three people in the city of Hong Kong. Air pollution also contributes to soil and water pollution. More than 15,000 people in the world die each day because of water pollution” (pollutionfacts.com). With these statistics, it is no wonder people are coming up with alternative energy sources. From energy to gasoline, there are many different ways to reduce these statistics.... [tags: Energy ]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- Imagine a world where nobody can use their iPhone, their computer, or even turn on the lights. That is the kind of world the future may be like if there is not an overhaul of how electricity is obtained. Ever since the Industrial Revolution, people have utilized fossil fuels to power their homes, cars, and businesses. Unfortunately, our stores of fossil fuels are running low, and they have been demonstrated to increase the temperature in the atmosphere and accelerate global warming. As gas prices steadily rise, people need a newer, cleaner source of energy.... [tags: fossil fuel, renewable sources, oil]
1663 words (4.8 pages)
- As the population continues to increase day after day, so does the demand for oil and other natural resources. Eventually we will get to a point where we will need to find different ways of efficiently producing energy at a low cost. Twenty to thirty years ago it was hard to imagine what sources of energy (other than obvious possibilities like solar panels and windmills) that could efficiently supply the world. The advancement of technology today is opening new doors in the energy field that are likely to change the way we think about energy.... [tags: Energy Research Papers, 2015]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- The West Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Clara Barton and The American Red Cross
- The History and Political Landscape of Syria
- Construction Industry: The Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) System and the Design Build and Construction Management at Risk
- History of Civil Support Teams
- How Hong Kong Can Attract the Russia Market