Why hasn’t the public seen these vehicles as the perfect solution to the carbon problem that we are facing?
Using plug in electric vehicles instead of conventional gas vehicles can help reduce the dependence of Canada and the U.S. reliance on imported petroleum products. Most of the world’s petroleum reserves are located in politically unstable or volatile countries. Canada and the United States rely heavily on foreign oil shipments, which creates for price spikes and supply disruptions when foreign markets become unstable.
Electric vehicles typically use less or no imported petroleum compared to conventional vehicles. Hybrid vehicles are capable of using sources of electricity that are produced from domestic nuclear energy, coal, natural gas and renewable resources. This creates for a sustainable energy source that is local, clean and cost efficient.
Electric vehicles achieve a much better fuel economy and have lower fuel costs that conventional fossil fuel burning vehicles. Electric vehicles can reduce fuel costs when comparing the price of conventional fuel to electricity as electricity is a cheaper and cleaner than conventional fuel.
Kilowatt hours and MPG are both metrics that are compared between the two energy sources. Today’s electric vehicles can exceed 100 MPG and consume only 24-40 KWH. Electric vehicles typically get in the range of 100 miles on a fully charged battery. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration, 100 miles is sufficient for more than 90% of all household vehicle trips in the United States.
Electric vehicles have the ability to plug into the grid overnight at a fleet facility, residence, workplace, or public...
... middle of paper ...
...Electricity in most countries is at its greatest demand during the middle of the day. This makes electricity more expensive during peak hours, thus electricity produced from solar panels would be a more valuable option.
With the proper storage methods, solar power could provide for a clean, alternative energy source that would focus on keeping the environment clean and natural.
• How the technology works
• What technology is it an alternative to?
• Why do people consider this a better technology?
• What problem is this technology designed to correct?
• Your opinion on whether it will work or not
• What infrastructure will be needed to implement this new way of doing things?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Composition III – Topics for Final Essay After much thought and deliberation, the topics for the final Composition III essay have been narrowed down to three. In doing so, preliminary research was conducted in order to ascertain whether enough information is available to develop a viable research paper. All three subjects do in fact have sufficient information available and now the only remaining decision is final selection of a topic. The three topics chosen are, 1) Facebook – Friend or Foe; 2) The Debate: Online Degree vs.... [tags: Facebook: Friend or Foe, Outsourcing]
664 words (1.9 pages)
- English 103—Final Exam 1. Machiavelli writes, “A man who wishes to make a vocation of being good at all times will come to ruin among so many who are not good” stating that people do not have the power or discipline to be good all of the time. Lao-tzu would disagree that goodness brings one to ruin, because as a detached universal ruler he believes that all people are good inherently, but they can be led to bad decisions if put in bad situations under the rule of bad people. He believes that one can be happy and should be happy with themselves and they should not be dependent on others.... [tags: Gender role, Gender, Transgender, Good and evil]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- Courses for decades have been taught in the traditional manner where a student takes several exams throughout the semester and then a final, timed exam. The final exam is a typical way for instructors to determining how well a student has learned a subject throughout the semester. Is this really the best format for a student to learn and have a deep understanding of the material covered in the course. Some students do well on a timed exam, but outside the testing environment show no deep understanding of the subject that was covered.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, Learning]
1574 words (4.5 pages)
- Meteorology Final Exam 12/13/13 In regions of low pressure, the wind circulates counterclockwise and inward, with convergence at the surface and divergence aloft. Low pressure systems are marked by clouds, precipitation and/or storms. In regions of high pressure, the wind circulates outward and clockwise, with divergence at the surface and convergence aloft. High pressure systems bring fair, calm and dry weather conditions. p. 9, 260 The advantages of infrared satellite image are: 24-hour availability, information about temperatures of clouds, and the surface in clear areas.... [tags: scientific study of the atmosphere]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- Yasmin Johnson Anthropology 1102 Take-Home Final Exam Dr. Birch April 29, 2015 Throughout the evolution of humans, mankind has made many huge, marvelous achievements in history. Some can be viewed as vital to the development of human culture more than others. They include the development of language, introduction of agriculture, domestication of animals, discovery of fire, and tool making. These are known as the major turning points that shaped and contributed to humanity. Language originated thousands of years ago, but there is no exact date.... [tags: Human evolution, Human, Australopithecus]
2065 words (5.9 pages)
- Final Exam Questions: Nathaniel Hawthorne Through means of Nathaniel Hawthorne’s story, “Young Goodman Brown,” Hawthorne manipulates allegorical dimension in order to lure readers into his writing. He creates doubt and curiosity within the readers’ minds by meshing both the actual and fantasy; furthermore, altering certain truths and consequently creating an imaginary world, which marks the success of Hawthorne’s technique. A definite sense of corruption is seen as Young Goodman Brown converses with the Devil.... [tags: Young Goodman Brown, Nathaniel Hawthorne]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- Define stress: Stress is the body’s natural response to a threatening situation, and stress causes the release of hormones such as adrenaline, that prepare the body for its instinctual response to a threat: flight, fight or freeze. The adrenaline causes processes in your body to change, for example, your breathing and heart rate quicken, your senses sharpen, muscles tighten and your blood pressure is raised. These changes allow your reaction time to increase, which could mean the difference between life and death.... [tags: Coping With Exam Stress]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- World Culture’s Final Exam Terms Intro to the World 1. Cultural Conflict – clash of different ways of life over scarce resources, religion, race, land, oil, water, power, etc… 2. Cultural Relativism – judge culture on their own standards and values 3. Culturally different – one culture different from every other culture 4. Culture – total way of life of someone 5. Diffusion – mixing of different cultures from place to place 6. Ethnocentrism – belief that ones own culture is superior to other’s: judge other’s by your own standards 7.... [tags: Cultural Antropology]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- MBA 820, Finance, Summer 2005, Final Exam OSU Ohio State University Answer Key Included Part I: Multiple-Choice: [1 point each] 1. If the Markets Desk at the New York Federal Reserve Bank purchases T-bills, this will: 1. Increase the Federal Funds Rate 2. Decrease the Federal Funds Rate 3. Raise the value of the dollar on the foreign exchange market 4. Lower the value of the dollar on the foreign exchange market 5. Both a and c 6. Both a and d 7.... [tags: OSU Ohio Business Finance]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Alternate Dispute Resolution has many benefits serving as a legal substitute for resolving civil disputes. Most courts prefer the proceedings of an ADR as appose to Litigation. In some counties the option of ADR must be analyzed before attempting to initiate the proceedings of litigation. Most district courts along with appeal courts will oversee the negotiations of an ADR. In some circumstances ADRs do not settle well and in those instances the involvement of the courts will resolve the remaining disputes.... [tags: Alternate Dispute Resolution]
1409 words (4 pages)
- Study Of The Cognitive, Physical, Identity, Social And Moral Development Of A Seven Year Old Female
- Diabetes : Diabetes And Type II
- How Can Help People Throughout The Country And The Rest Of The World?
- The Legalization Of Same Sex Marriage
- The Divine Planning Of The Floods
- Overpopulation Is An Unwanted Condition